The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - C1 - 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rik21
Stress. Would you have said that c was 13+k
When k>14/3

I'm confused by what you mean?
Seen as it was a positive parabola surely it would have to be k>something for 2 intersections!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vgnnbvv
Didnt the question ask for f(g) in its factorised form?? Or was it for the other roots??

Factorised form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if you are penalised for not fully simplifying solutions to quadratics having used to quadratic formula? I wrote x= (2+sqrt(44))/5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
For 10 iii did it ask you to find the new roots of f(g) or f(g) = 0 in its factorised form???
Original post by jpetersgill
By that you mean k>14/3 ? That's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, exactly that. Was an easy question.
How many marks was the completing the square and min point worth?
Original post by vgnnbvv
For 10 iii did it ask you to find the new roots of f(g) or f(g) = 0 in its factorised form???

i fackin hope it didn't lol
Original post by JamesExtra
How many marks was the completing the square and min point worth?

2 I think.
Just done the paper (ocr c1 june 2015) was an ok paper. Question 6 was quite hard. Made a stupid mistake on last question. Fingers crossed.
Unofficial mark scheme?
1) Make r the subject. A=πr^2(x+y)
Is not simplifying a problem?

Idk why but I always thought theyspecifically ask you to simplify if they wanted it simplified and I sometimes see simplified and non simplified as the answer?
I'm worried now cause there were quiet a lot of fractions and my dad thinks I'm stupid now for not doing it lol
what did everyone get on Q12 part 2

for completing the square i got

3(x+2)^2+1 ?
Original post by simon1207

3(x+2)^2+1 ?

How many marks was that worth?

3(x+2)^2+1 ?

crap wrong thread.
Original post by JamesExtra
How many marks was that worth?

The whole question was 5 i think because you had to state why the curve doent cross the x axis!
Original post by particlestudent
crap wrong thread.

what do you mean ?
The whole question was 5 i think because you had to state why the curve doent cross the x axis!

I got it wrong and put 3(x+2)^2+9 then said it doesn't cross because min point is (-2,9) how many marks will I get??
i think you will lose three marks fro completing the square wrong but you might get 2 for stating that it doesn't cross it. Not sure though
For 12i if it was 4 marks and i got to k>4 1/3 how many marks would i get for putting 13/3 instead of 14/3
Reply 239
GUYS HOW WAS IT?

Q12 and the surd part ii killed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending