Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    I'm currently going through my textbook and and making flashcards of all the authors/researchers - would anyone like me to post a link to them when I'm done? I know it's a tad late but it's better than nothing!

Let me know
    I would please 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyEagal)
    Predictions?
    For the education side my teacher predicted: Government policies, Attainment and there is a chance of gender identities or subject choice to come up.

For the research method, the prediction for question five was postal questionnaires but nothing was predicted on any of the other questions

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    think of the selection process in schools as skimming and silting. The best students are selected by schools these are the "cream of the Crop". Marketisation of schools and exams like the G11 or the 11 plus examination are examples of the selection process within the education system.

ReputationRep:
    i'm totally going to fail this second unit :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently going through my textbook and and making flashcards of all the authors/researchers - would anyone like me to post a link to them when I'm done? I know it's a tad late but it's better than nothing!

Let me know
    Yes pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to structure a Methods in context question?
    Not sure how i would, help would be appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:

Let me know
    Yes please

ReputationRep:
    What topic do you mean by attainment?
    (Original post by charnpreetx)
    For the education side my teacher predicted: Government policies, Attainment and there is a chance of gender identities or subject choice to come up.

For the research method, the prediction for question five was postal questionnaires but nothing was predicted on any of the other questions

ReputationRep:
    achievement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbidaIslam)
    Yes please
    So its looking at achievement in gender, social class and ethnicity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charnpreetx)
    So its looking at achievement in gender, social class and ethnicity
    how underachievement and the class system is largely reinforced by education policy - the notable difference being girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbidaIslam)
    Does anyone know how to structure a Methods in context question?
    Not sure how i would, help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Structure your paragraphs so that they go through PETVRR, each issue will be a paragraph. Or if you prefer, PERV(e)RT if its easier to remember, although this isn't the best structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fieldy_xo)
    Structure your paragraphs so that they go through PETVRR, each issue will be a paragraph. Or if you prefer, PERV(e)RT if its easier to remember, although this isn't the best structure.
    What is each letter please?

ReputationRep:

Let me know
    Yes please!! would be sooo helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fieldy_xo)
    Could you tell me what the letter stand for? Thank you

ReputationRep:

Let me know
    please do thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Practical
    Ethical
    Reliable
    Valid
    Examples
    Representative
    Theoretical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risteard)
    how underachievement and the class system is largely reinforced by education policy - the notable difference being girls
    However gender came up so many times... I think it will be social class

ReputationRep:
    For research methods,
    if the question were to ask to examine the problems of different types of experiments (lab, field, natural) should you include advantages and examples?

and would you structure by stating the type, for example field experiments, then address the problems using (PET) and then counter it by using advantages and then give an example?

I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H-Ali1)
    Practical
    Ethical
    Reliable
    Valid
    Examples
    Representative
    Theoretical

thankssss

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.