Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me?

For question 7b I did everything right apart from plugging my y values back in to find x values. How many marks will I get?

Also, for the inequalities I used quadratic formula
    I divided the 6 by 2 but not the 4 root 2. I did the graph and everything. Any idea how many marks i'll lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr rump)
    On the writing booklet it says to rule a line after each question, I forgot to do this? Will this matter?
    I don't think anyone does that XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyt345)
    can someone help me?

For question 7b I did everything right apart from plugging my y values back in to find x values. How many marks will I get?

Also, for the inequalities I used quadratic formula
    I divided the 6 by 2 but not the 4 root 2. I did the graph and everything. Any idea how many marks i'll lose?
    7b was differentiation if I recall correctly?
    Probably just lose one mark. And using the quadratic formula is fine.

ReputationRep:
    how many marks do you think will be lost for not finding the negative value in 4)b)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeepFan)
    how many marks do you think will be lost for not finding the negative value in 4)b)
    Again probably one. Shouldn't you have been used to taking both the positive and negative square roots by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Again probably one. Shouldn't you have been used to taking both the positive and negative square roots by now?
    yeah i just forgot about it, i only really figured out what to do at all with 5 mins left

ReputationRep:
    what about not finding L at the end, only finding X and minimum?

ReputationRep:
    Just one mark. It's very easy to forget to do that so I'm sure a lot of people did what you did as well!

ReputationRep:
    Just one mark. It's very easy to forget to do that so I'm sure a lot of people did what you did as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihateexam)
    anyone knows the correct answer?
    answer was 0.5 i got it solved by my teacher and some other teachers too.pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    I got the same. How did you prove that it was a minimum? I took the second derivative and it gave a positive value which gave me a minimum... I think?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the equation for x, but didn't have the time to factorise it to 80m/40m... I've just figured it out now using the formula, I'm so pissed at myself haha oh well what can you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanElwyn98)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the equation for x, but didn't have the time to factorise it to 80m/40m... I've just figured it out now using the formula, I'm so pissed at myself haha oh well what can you do
    look at the nearest object to you
    Grab it and take a bite out of it!
    Quite normal...

ReputationRep:
    A knife? I don't think so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, i got x = 4, i differentiated correctly but when i got to x^2=1600, i wrote x = 4 for some reason. Hence, how many marks would i lose? I showed when x = 4, there's a minimum (i.e. d^2L/dx^2 >0). So i got the value L wrong and x wrong... And how many marks was the last part of the last question worth? fmlfmlfmlfmflmflfmlfmlfmlfmflmfl mflfml, according to the last part of the may 2013 c1 paper, i should lose only 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestartc)
    For the last question, i got x = 4, i differentiated correctly but when i got to x^2=1600, i wrote x = 4 for some reason. Hence, how many marks would i lose? I showed when x = 4, there's a minimum (i.e. d^2L/dx^2 >0). So i got the value L wrong and x wrong... And how many marks was the last part of the last question worth? fmlfmlfmlfmflmflfmlfmlfmlfmflmfl mflfml, according to the last part of the may 2013 c1 paper, i should lose only 2 marks?
    ECF so if you're very lucky one mark but probably two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    ECF so if you're very lucky one mark but probably two.
    Do you remember how many marks the last part was worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BDGarson13)
    I got the same. How did you prove that it was a minimum? I took the second derivative and it gave a positive value which gave me a minimum... I think?
    Yep that's how you do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BDGarson13)
    That's what I did, I didn't show it as 1/20 though, I just said if you put 40 into the equation you get a positive value so therefore it's a minimum. Will I still get full marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestartc)
    Do you remember how many marks the last part was worth?
    (a) 2 marks
    (b) 5 marks

So less than usual purely because you did not need to find the 'coordinates' of the stationary points and you could discard the x=-40 solution (which I almost forgot to do!).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.