Turn on thread page Beta

How many marks would you lose for getting the gradient wrong on 6b?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this is really helpful. I reckon I got 47/75 which is disappointing but hey...
    do you think that would be a C??

ReputationRep:
    If I get a C in this can I still get an A? I was extremely anxious so I made SO many silly mistakes. I find C2 and S1 easier anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASLEVELSHELPME)
    Thank you this is really helpful. I reckon I got 47/75 which is disappointing but hey...
    do you think that would be a C??
    C will probably be 49, I'm in the same position, didn't perform as well as I could have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 69/75 minimum. Strong A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningGeek)
    lol, im predicted A's in all my A-levels, I ****ed this paper up pretty badly

ive deducted any possible method marks or part mark for questions
    and I find C2 much easier and normally ace stats sooo...
    Depending on grade boundaries.

Lets say 52 = 63ums

If you get 70/75 on C2 then you'll probably get around 90 UMS depending on the paper

then you'll need 90 UMS on S1 aswell which will be about 70/75 again

that'll get you just into an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiranjott)
    For the question about the salary received over 20 years? I substituted 20 into n/2 (2a + (n - 1) d) and got an answer. How many marks will I gain out of 5?
    I don't think you'll get more than 1 or 2, sorry. I did that originally and then crossed it out. Unfortunately I still got the wrong answer cause I accidentally stuck 2a into n/2 (a + l).

ReputationRep:
    Would 62 be a low A Think i wanna cryyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldGhost)
    C will probably be 49, I'm in the same position, didn't perform as well as I could have

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might just have to retake next year
    we still have C2 and S1 to smash don't worry
    as long I scrap a C at the end of this I'd well happy 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    If I get a C in this can I still get an A? I was extremely anxious so I made SO many silly mistakes. I find C2 and S1 easier anyway.
    Depends how high your C is, that is if it's a C. It's possible to get an A overall but you'll need to do very well on C2 and S1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92)
    No, did you do the same thing? I'm going to ask my maths teacher when I next see her
    Yeah don't forget to tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyeman567)
    Depending on grade boundaries.

Lets say 52 = 63ums

If you get 70/75 on C2 then you'll probably get around 90 UMS depending on the paper

then you'll need 90 UMS on S1 aswell which will be about 70/75 again

that'll get you just into an A
    thankyouuu, you don't understand how relieved I am
    im going to work my arse off to get 75/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phagocyte1998)
    The general consensus seems to be that it was quite a hard paper, so 61 might just be an A - I think the worst it can be is 78ish ums so a high B. Of course an overall A is still possible, but you'll need to do slightly better on your other units.
    Oh okay thanks very much!!!

Oh dear realized some other fatal mistakes...

For question four...0 opted to using Sn= n/2 (a+L) does that still work???

And also on question 7 i managed to do it all up to the factoring of the quadratic at which point i panicked cause time was nearly up and factorized wrong to get just 2x= 1 so x = 0 would i loose all marks for that question?

And lastly sorry but question 10...i managed to get the gradient for the tangent being -1/2 but had no time to finish it off...would i get one mark? Or would i have needed to give 2 = m for the normal's gradient?

THANKS SO MUCH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phagocyte1998)
    Depends how high your C is, that is if it's a C. It's possible to get an A overall but you'll need to do very well on C2 and S1.
    Argh I'm such an idiot. Looking back at the solutions, it really was not that hard. I just panicked. I might have to re-take this next year, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    72/73 out of 75 I reckon, need 90 UMS minimum, hopefully grade boundaries will be low!!

ReputationRep:
    for 5b I wrote 3 + or - root 8 instead of 2root2

How many marks do you think I will lose?

ReputationRep:
    On 6 I worked out Y wrong coz I did (-1*-3) instead of (-1-3) so the rest of my working was fine but had the wrong values so I got +8 instead of +27, how many marks do you reckon I'd have lost?

ReputationRep:
    would 48/75 be a D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningGeek)
    would 48/75 be a D?
    I'd imagine that should almost definitely be a C. It's 64% and the general consensus is that the grade boundaries this year will probably be slightly lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaid-247)
    How many marks would i lose if i just drew the graph the other way round (as positive) but i sitll got -3/2 and 3/2 as the x co ordinates?
    The shape is normall 1 mark, 1 mark normally for touching or x-intercepts, and 1 mark normally for quadrants. Expect to lose 1 mark

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.