Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Hahaha you can't define displacement as velocity x time! That's basically saying that displacement is defined as displacement/time x time XD.
    Since velocity is defined as displacement/time, it wouldn't make sense to define displacement in terms of velocity.
    I don't think your pds are correct.
    Your vertical was my resultant in question 1. Not sure if I made a mistake or you remembered wrong...
    The other answers I agree with.
    Yeah you're right about displacement I had no clue :') and yes I think thats my poor memory the vertical was 2.94 and the pds were 4.5 and 3.75 I think

ReputationRep:
    YES. It means higher grade boundaries. Way to go.

JK, that's great because most people found it hard!
    I mean, when I say okay, I think I've achieved a B (which is what I'm aiming for, since I literally can't do any better).

I heard a lot of people found it hard too, but surely we all could have got at least a B, on average grade boundaries? (I know some people don't want B's, but your PH2 and PH3 could push your overall grade up!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahank1)
    Yeah you're right about displacement I had no clue :' and yes I think thats my poor memory the vertical was 2.94 and the pds were 4.5 and 3.75 I think
    4.5 and 7.5

ReputationRep:
    I think I remember getting the mean force as 65.something on the 4 marker zip line question? Worked out the difference in mgh and 1/2mv^2 then divided by 1600

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwertykeyboard15)
    I think I remember getting the mean force as 65.something on the 4 marker zip line question? Worked out the difference in mgh and 1/2mv^2 then divided by 1600
    yepp i got the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonooo123)
    4.5 and 7.5
    wasn't it 3.75 as it asked for pd across variable resistor I think not the whole parallel section.

ReputationRep:
    yepp i got the same
    As if 😃 considering I thought I got a U after that paper, today's got a lot better

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I got something around that, do you remember how high of the ground it was? Trying to work it out now, if it was 200m high it was 59N if it was 250m it was 80.5N, I think. Cause mass was 70kg v was 35ms^-1

ReputationRep:
    wasn't it 3.75 as it asked for pd across variable resistor I think not the whole parallel section.
    No it was 7.5V in both as they can't have different potential differences.

ReputationRep:
    But pd doesn't split in parallel so both branches get 7.5V. I think the answer is 7.5V not 3.75V..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 65.5 or something is what I got.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I got something around that, do you remember how high of the ground it was? Trying to work it out now, if it was 200m high it was 59N if it was 250m it was 80.5N, I think. Cause mass was 70kg v was 35ms^-1
    215m

ReputationRep:
    No it was when it was at the peak of its flight. The velocity in y direction was 0 so only moving in x direction at that moment!
    damn it, completely miss interpreted the diagram then thought it was falling!

ReputationRep:
    215m
    Which gives 65.5N I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a couple of marks off the WJEC, the zipwire is 500m long not 1600m and nowhere near 225m high...

ReputationRep:
    Which gives 65.5N I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a couple of marks off the WJEC, the zipwire is 500m long not 1600m and nowhere near 225m high...
    ?? It is 1600m long? And they said he was 215m above the finishing level?

ReputationRep:
    As if 😃 considering I thought I got a U after that paper, today's got a lot better
    Can't see you getting a U considering you got one of the hardest questions on the paper right

ReputationRep:
    I think on the last question I can't remember much of it but the very last question I remember finding the velocity off the graph as 13m/s and doing something with that and the force calculated? Does this ring a bell to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Can't see you getting a U considering you got one of the hardest questions on the paper right
    Aw thank you 😀

ReputationRep:
    So today's exam went horrificly and now exam solutions isn't working. FML!

ReputationRep:
    ?? It is 1600m long? And they said he was 215m above the finishing level?
    No the actual real life zip wire is that long, was joking aha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.