Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    The book starts off with bio's of scholars, followed by topics which have Quran Ayah's/Hadeeth which have explanations under them in Hadeeth and commentary by scholars. Do not be stupid, if you've read the entire thing, not just a Wikipedia paragraph on it, you would know that's the case. I can quote much more than I have done, because I have the book right now.

You're*, and I am denying Islam as being the correct religion for reasons which happen to include Qadr as being one of them, therefore differences in beliefs of sects within Islam are irrelevant. You can be as confused as you want, makes no difference to my life whatsoever.

Have a good day.
    :laugh: It's really very sad how that user is desperately trying to discredit you. Kudos to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlskep)
    :laugh: It's really very sad how that user is desperately trying to discredit you. Kudos to you.
    I know right?! I'm not stopping him from believing in Islam. Just how it is, something I'll have to get used to I guess haha... :battle::boxing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlskep)
    Some people just can't accept that others view their religion as nonsense, so they try and make themselves feel better by pretending/lying to themselves that whoever left that faith didn't understand it.

ReputationRep:
    Read up on Qadr, everything that has happened and will happen has already been written. Muslims say things like that to get more people to become Muslim.

Have you always abstained from religion?
    i don't do religion and that word you said "qadr" i did do my own look into it....it wasn't exzctly entertaining but my research showed me just like in Christianity how there are different groups, there are also different groups in islam and differnet grouos have different beliefs...and then i couldn't be arsed read on any more but what i sed i know definetly is a belief of one of the many groups....that's wat it sed but hey ho every1 entitled to their own opinion, i don't even believe in any of that and religion aint exactly fasninating to me but have a nice day xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13pamina13)
    i don't do religion and that word you said "qadr" i did do my own look into it....it wasn't exzctly entertaining but my research showed me just like in Christianity how there are different groups, there are also different groups in islam and differnet grouos have different beliefs...and then i couldn't be arsed read on any more but what i sed i know definetly is a belief of one of the many groups....that's wat it sed but hey ho every1 entitled to their own opinion, i don't even believe in any of that and religion aint exactly fasninating to me but have a nice day xx
    Have you ever believed in a religion, out of curiosity?

You too!

ReputationRep:
    I know right?! I'm not stopping him from believing in Islam. Just how it is, something I'll have to get used to I guess haha... :battle::boxing:
    :lol: Yep welcome to the world of being Ex-Muslim.

Well worth it though.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever believed in a religion, out of curiosity?

You too!
    there a lot are a lot of things in islam and christiaity that i agree with but i don't do religion so i have never believed in an actual religion. but my uncles brother in law married a muslim and like she believes in islam but some thing she doesn't follow. for example she dated, she got married to a non muslim but weirdly her family accept that and say its her life and let her live life how she wants

Are you sure this is something you definitely want. Like absolutely definitely sure. I'm just saying because you know that God doesn't put someone through something they would be uncapeable of. Have you even tried going to an Alim or the Imaam at your local mosque and ask them about anything you don't understand. You can't just leave with questions and uncertainties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha Lamb Meme)
    :lol: Yep welcome to the world of being Ex-Muslim.

Well worth it though.
    Never felt better in my life. To be honest, I'm actually overwhelmed with the amount of support I've received here; it's very comforting to know that others have gone through the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Are you sure this is something you definitely want. Like absolutely definitely sure. I'm just saying because you know that God doesn't put someone through something they would be uncapeable of. Have you even tried going to an Alim or the Imaam at your local mosque and ask them about anything you don't understand. You can't just leave with questions and uncertainties.
    Yes, I am definitely sure. I took a long time in making this decision, with a lot of research done before finalising anything. I've spoken to a lot of Alim's/Imaam's, most of them take offence to what I ask, telling me to fear Allah and to read the Quran etc. A few tried to explain and I genuinely appreciated it, but it just didn't make sense still.

ReputationRep:
    Because I used to be a Muslim, but now I'm not. And nah, it's more of a way to describe leaving a huge part of my life.
    I would be more interested to know what you are rather than what you're not. What do you stand for now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Loll, correct me if I'm wrong- but it seems you've had to quote that several times today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not that one, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Never felt better in my life. To be honest, I'm actually overwhelmed with the amount of support I've received here; it's very comforting to know that others have gone through the same thing.
    Feels like a weight being lifted off your shoulders when you realize you don't believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I would be more interested to know what you are rather than what you're not. What do you stand for now?
    I stand for humanitarian justice and my goal in life is to be a good person. I do not believe in a God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    Feels like a weight being lifted off your shoulders when you realize you don't believe.
    It definitely does, especially when you look back and realise how crazy you were to blindly follow the religion and reject everything else. Crazy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I stand for humanitarian justice and my goal in life is to be a good person. I do not believe in a God.
    Humanitarian justice. Tell me more about that

ReputationRep:
    It definitely does, especially when you look back and realise how crazy you were to blindly follow the religion and reject everything else. Crazy stuff.
    I've been questioning Islam since I was about 12 and used to ask Muslim friends how they knew that Islam was the one true religion, their only answer was 'Allah guided me'. :confused:
    Actually, I've been questioning religion since I was around 8/9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Humanitarian justice. Tell me more about that
    Pretty self-explanatory, but seeing as you're insisting...

Actively using my voice and time to ensure justice for individuals in regards to basic human rights, such as access to food, water, shelter and heat.

The key difference between Muslims and Atheist individuals who do the above, would be that Atheists do it without the selfish self-conscious thought that one would attain 'heaven' as a result of doing these things, and the prospect of going to 'hell' if one does not do enough 'good deeds' in their lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    I've been questioning Islam since I was about 12 and used to ask Muslim friends how they knew that Islam was the one true religion, their only answer was 'Allah guided me'. :confused:
    Actually, I've been questioning religion since I was around 8/9
    Wasn't that long for me personally, I used to follow it without questioning any aspect whatsoever until a few months ago. That's quite a while, how do you feel about your Muslim friends now, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't that long for me personally, I used to follow it without questioning any aspect whatsoever until a few months ago. That's quite a while, how do you feel about your Muslim friends now, if you don't mind me asking?
    I feel the same about them as none of them are judgmental towards me however, I do find it a bit annoying when they can't answer my questions about religion properly. Like how is it that a man can have four wives and how women MUST have sex with their husbands when he wants it etc. I'm very much a feminist so you could see why these sort of things bother me. Also, the virgins waiting for men in heaven?? wtf

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.