Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Docjones1)
    It's about the same ratio of Dundee
    OK, thanks mate appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelionsroar_)
    Interview for the 16th February! anyone else?
    Well done! Mine is this date too 😊

ReputationRep:
    Who else had interview today?
    I had mine yesterday too, what time did you have yours?

ReputationRep:
    2:52. I was the awkward spotty guy with glasses XD
    Lol seriously, 2;52 ? what a ridiculously specific time man

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what the person operating it said haha. Why not just make it 3???
    I know LOL its extremely strange I know other people have been given very specific appointments too, I really wonder what the admissions people are on LOL

ReputationRep:
    Have all the interviews been sent out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idklol)
    Have all the interviews been sent out?
    I think they will still have quite a few to send out! They interview throughout March, and I don't know of anyone with a March interview yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    I think they will still have quite a few to send out! They interview throughout March, and I don't know of anyone with a March interview yet
    I hope that's the case!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a March interview lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idklol)
    I hope that's the case!!
    At least we haven't been rejected yet...so maybe they are just slow

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, if I get rejected from St Andrews, I will be destroyed since it is my first choice tied with UCL, and I've already been rejected from Leeds and Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood15)
    Honestly, if I get rejected from St Andrews, I will be destroyed since it is my first choice tied with UCL, and I've already been rejected from Leeds and Nottingham.
    Pre or post interview?

ReputationRep:
    Pre or post interview?
    Pre interview, so I guess that means I can reapply next year.

ReputationRep:
    I have 5A's + 3A's and 2850 band 2... I haven't heard anything from them. I thought my PS was very strong...
    Are you by any chance a gap year student ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAfrica)
    Are you by any chance a gap year student ??
    Yeah haha!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha!
    Do you by anychance have any advice to give to someone like myself that will probably have to take a gap year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAfrica)
    Do you by anychance have any advice to give to someone like myself that will probably have to take a gap year
    Yeah, I can try to give you some!

I guess the first thing is the UKCAT. If someone says you can't study for the UKCAT or get better, that's rubbish! I got 2380 last year, and studied a lot harder this year, and boosted my score up! As did another girl I met at interview! You can definitely improve a lot after a year!

If you're taking a gap year, I would say do something that is going to develop a lot of skills and something that's medically related (if possible)! I know quite a few people that have went abroad for their gap year, but I stayed in Scotland and now I work in the new children's hospital in Glasgow as an events organiser. It's definitely the best thing I've ever done! It's actually really fun, and it's like a year long work experience placement haha! Quite a few people become healthcare assistants or work in care homes! There's so many things you can do I guess. I would just make sure you do something you enjoy!

I hope this helps in some way! Sorry if it doesn't!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can try to give you some!

I guess the first thing is the UKCAT. If someone says you can't study for the UKCAT or get better, that's rubbish! I got 2380 last year, and studied a lot harder this year, and boosted my score up! As did another girl I met at interview! You can definitely improve a lot after a year!

If you're taking a gap year, I would say do something that is going to develop a lot of skills and something that's medically related (if possible)! I know quite a few people that have went abroad for their gap year, but I stayed in Scotland and now I work in the new children's hospital in Glasgow as an events organiser. It's definitely the best thing I've ever done! It's actually really fun, and it's like a year long work experience placement haha! Quite a few people become healthcare assistants or work in care homes! There's so many things you can do I guess. I would just make sure you do something you enjoy!

I hope this helps in some way! Sorry if it doesn't!!
    I'm surprised they let someone so young be an events organiser but congrat that 's awesome! Im assuming its paid, or do they not pay you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunburner)
    I'm surprised they let someone so young be an events organiser but congrat that 's awesome! Im assuming its paid, or do they not pay you?
    Haha, I work for Yorkhill Children's Charity rather than the NHS! I probably wouldn't get a job in NHS events because of my age! Thanks haha! Yeah, it's paid!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the course at st andrews is traditional or PBL??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.