Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    York or Nottingham? What should I put? Economics is what I'm really interested in.

ReputationRep:
    I am a current student at the University of Essex and have love my experience there so far! If you have any questions feel free to ask ^Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adrono)
    Nottingham said they filled all their places for PPE.
    I'm still waiting an answer from them.

Is that bad news for me, lol?
    I've got an offer from Nottingham but i wouldnt worry about it. It all depends when you sent off your application - they wont fill all places at once.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Rejected by UCL but offered Social Sciences or Population Health instead. No thanks Jeff.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slow_Philosopher)
    Lol.

Rejected by UCL but offered Social Sciences or Population Health instead. No thanks Jeff.

Anyone else?
    Same boat here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slow_Philosopher)
    Lol.

Anyone else?
    (Original post by vjcx)
    Same boat here
    Same, just now too. I will apply for the social sciences one though probably. They waited exactly 5 months to do this 🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahorizon)
    Same, just now too. I will apply for the social sciences one though probably. They waited exactly 5 months to do this 🙄
    Social sciences or the one with quantitative methods also? I am considering the same...

ReputationRep:
    Same here....
    They needed 5 months to say this....
    and give us just 5 days to reapply, nice play UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vjcx)
    Social sciences or the one with quantitative methods also? I am considering the same...
    I think the one with quant methods but I need to look at them both properly before I decide.

ReputationRep:
    I think the one with quant methods but I need to look at them both properly before I decide.
    Same goes for me...don't really know what to do. Also, five days is insane, especially if you are an Eu student and your first language isn't English. :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    guys, do you think it is worth to apply for social sciences?
    I mainly want to focus on economics, I am really confused.
    Thanks for the advice in advance

ReputationRep:
    After you guys are saying you got rejected recently i'm getting well nervous, haven't had an offer back only an email about which stream.. Did you get this email? (UCL)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Sally1)
    guys, do you think it is worth to apply for social sciences?
    I mainly want to focus on economics, I am really confused.
    Thanks for the advice in advance
    Same for me which is why I don't know whether I should actually apply. I really want a 'rigorous' degree so some economics modules is what I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackpethick)
    After you guys are saying you got rejected recently i'm getting well nervous, haven't had an offer back only an email about which stream.. Did you get this email? (UCL)
    No, I didn't get the stream email. I think getting that email is a good sign though...

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't get the stream email. I think getting that email is a good sign though...
    Thanks for letting me know, sorry to hear about yours I got rejected from LSE and Warwick so know how you feel lol

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Warwick and insured York.
    Really want to go to Warwick but I am worried now about getting the grades.
    Gonna aim for full marks obviously.
    How are you guys with A*AA offers managing?
    How much work are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys reckon that you're likely to get an offer for Social Sciences and QM or is it a shot in the dark as well? $ day to revise my personal statement is a joke. Wouldn't you reckon Durham for PPE is the better option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AunAb)
    Do you guys reckon that you're likely to get an offer for Social Sciences and QM or is it a shot in the dark as well? $ day to revise my personal statement is a joke. Wouldn't you reckon Durham for PPE is the better option?
    I think Durham for PPE is amazing.
    Thats what i was thinking as well, as they probabply replied to all of the people who got rejected with an option to choose the social sciences and something else😂 Its more likely that there will be another competition for those courses now, so probably its not a definite yes. I dont know what to think anymore, they got me very confused

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have offers for PP at York and PPE at Manchester but now I'm terrified I won't get the grades!!!!
    How much work is everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Sally1)
    I think Durham for PPE is amazing.
    Thats what i was thinking as well, as they probabply replied to all of the people who got rejected with an option to choose the social sciences and something else😂 Its more likely that there will be another competition for those courses now, so probably its not a definite yes. I dont know what to think anymore, they got me very confused
    Agreed. I also think that getting rejected after such a hassle of refining your personal statement would be a kick to the stomach. Any other offers you plan on taking up instead of this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.