Turn on thread page Beta

is anyone here not attracted to white girls/guys? watch

(Original post by Blue_Mason)
    In reply to your recent post or essay, you're indeed young so I do not expect you to fully understand as much.But you see, I was just pointing out the negative side of interracial relationships.you simply must see that there is something wrong in only wanting to only date a certain race.
    Maybe your parents didn't see race, but with this generation you have people who only get a sense of satisfaction from being with somebody of another race.I have seen examples if interracial couples in London and could tell it was just based off of sexual or media driven.
    Let me educate you, as you can fetishize almost anything that you desire.
    I do not agree in having a sole preference to just date a certain race.
    Your hair colour and texture can be changed, but your race cannot be changed.
    TRUTH! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadiseFound)
    I think he's right though, you need to ask yourself why 50% of black men (particularly black Caribbean, a *******ised culture still reaping the effects of post colonialism) date outside of there race compared to the minimal numbers you see in tightly knitted ethnocentric communities like Indian ones. It's because one lusts after the White ideal and the other doesn't.

I'm not saying all interracial couples are are a result of that but if you look at statistics there are trends, white people most desirable etc
    I think this may be true, and I agree to an extent. To fully elaborate my point I would like to know what you think about his point of view that is right apart from the fetish idea? I think if individuals idealise other races then we all, as a culture, need to take some repsonsibility for that and really try to do more to get to the bottom of that problem, don't you think? I still think preferences aren't wrong as long as there's no total race exclusion and one doesn't say "I *only* date so and so..." -- thereby completely dismissing all other possibilities. I do not agree with the generalised statements made about all individuals with a race preference having a fetish or the idea that interracial relationships should be protested against (points another user made).

For example, say a black female was raised in the UK, in an asian community. She is familiar with asian males and feels like she can find more common ground with them. Therefore this is her preferred race. Does this means she has an unusual fixation or fetish? What if, one day she meets a white male and finds that she is attracted to him and ends up marrying him, but still has the same preferred race? Should she be deemed as racist or having a fixation/fetish?

If the answer is yes, then if it's a fixation why is she married to her white husband?

Furthermore, whilst this idealisation is a very real problem (particularly for the black race) I believe that not all black males / females who have interracial relationships with white individuals have this fixation at all, and for this reason I approve interrational relationships and don't think they should be protested against; nor do I think preferences are always a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    Espcially to black girls and guys. Do any of you have an attraction to your own. I mean considering the type thread many prefer their own so why is it hard for you?
    Are you serious? nearly every thread I see on the relationship section is someone moaning about how white guys/girls don't find them attractive, or if white guys/girls go for Indians/south Asians/black people..etc etc.
    It's not just black guys and girls that would be a fallacy!

Staying on topic though. I myself as a black male love my beautiful black sisters but I do see a lot of beautiful women from all races.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    I'm mixed race and I date either black or mixed race guys. I don't tend to like white guys, and never dated one.

Reasons - I don't like the pointed nose, or chest hair (which a lot do have),or generally some of the face being red/pink/flushed because the skin colour is lighter, or thin lips.

Also, they have pink penises, which is a major turn off.
    The part where you said "pink penis" made me LOL.:mmm:

Luckily mine is dark then.:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    I'm mixed race and I date either black or mixed race guys. I don't tend to like white guys, and never dated one.

Reasons - I don't like the pointed nose, or chest hair (which a lot do have),or generally some of the face being red/pink/flushed because the skin colour is lighter, or thin lips.

Also, they have pink penises, which is a major turn off.
    Pointy nose?! Since when are pointy noises unique to white people? And you're the first person I've ever known who has implied that that's a trait white people commonly have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    Wow. For someone who doesn't like white guys, you surely had seen a lot of pink/white penises.
    I never said I don't like "white people", I even made a point that white girls had better personality traits than South Asian girls.

And yes I have seen "pink penises" before, in the men's gym dressing room. When I go to the gym, it's not uncommon for one to flash his flash light now again.

ReputationRep:
    Oops. That comment was aimed at the girl you quoted. Just couldn't be bothered to search for her in this thread.
    It's all good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm attracted to everyone and everybody!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Pointy nose?! Since when are pointy noises unique to white people? And you're the first person I've ever known who has implied that that's a trait white people commonly have
    I'm aware that other races have pointed noses, however the thread was asking about white people.

ReputationRep:
    Oops. That comment was aimed at the girl you quoted. Just couldn't be bothered to search for her in this thread.

Wow. For someone who doesn't like white guys, you surely had seen a lot of pink/white penises.
    Hey, I'm here. I haven't seen a lot loool.. tbh I haven't seen any in real life. All I have seen is based on videos watched online, or **** pics when guys try it on dating apps.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. You should report those flashers for indecent exposure. Lol
    Yeah that made me LOL.:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I dont like speaking bad about other races tbh.
    I do think that we have nothing in common though and white girls are the total oposite to the average pakistani woman.

I'm Indian and hardly ever find any white guy attractive. Not really my cup of tea. I prefer Arabs/South Asains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okay PM me)
    I never said I don't like "white people", I even made a point that white girls had better personality traits than South Asian girls.

And yes I have seen "pink penises" before, in the men's gym dressing room. When I go to the gym, it's not uncommon for one to flash his flash light now again.

I like how you're very comfortable at looking at a mans penis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia_x)
    Very interesting response, thank you. Your statement about black individuals being cautious -- I think that should go towards any race due to prejudices being found everywhere really, but I do understand what you are saying in terms of the stereotype involved with black men. I believe interracial relationships aren't the problem in itself, it is the individuals. I would tweak your advice to be: "be cautious as to who you get into a relationship with, as some people are not relationship material," -- I feel I must add that by "who" I simply mean the person; not the race of that person.

Furthermore, it is a stereotype that you commented upon I may add, and is not always true -- it depends solely on the individual. This is where it comes from: Black men typically are raised in families seeing the black woman (their mother) struggle to bring up their children caused by the absence of their father.

Too bad then they should know to strive when they grow up and be the best dad they can be, running off to other races won't do

This is more so typical in America in the black communities (possibly the UK) and the reason more often than not for the father being absent is due to financial problems caused by a variety of factors such as racial opression (jobs for the black individuals are perhaps much harder to come by). Therefore many black men see other races e.g caucasians, a symbol of power and wealth and may date this race for that reason.

It may also be a transfer of norms and values that has shaped their adult behaviour -- it was the norm for these black men to see their mother struggling alone and therefore, in the future they hold the value that the family dynamic is typically meant to be this way (although plenty of black don't behave in this way).
    yet for when with non black women this ideology suddenly disappears
    I believe a lot of education on the issue could solve a few of the issues surrounding it e.g. by shedding light on to these inidivudals on the preffered family dynamic (that being, that one should in fact provide for their children), then maybe this could encourage those black fathers to stay around.

In terms of finance, I think that the money doesn't have to go towards either community, but towards the family (couple) itself. That is who the individuals are working for, after all. I also don't believe finance is the only reason why one would date another, thus it might not be as much of an issue to some.

no it goes to the families which make up the communities.....
    Again, racism (fortunately) is not everywhere so I fail to see how your quote "racism won't stop" is relevant to many interracial couples, in terms of the problems it may cause.

Do you mean disconnected in terms of race? If an interracial couple love one another I highly doubt they are disconnected towards one another intimately or in any other factor -- yes, maybe in some areas of the world the two races are at heads with one another, but what better way to overcome that than to start with interracial relationships? Furthermore, the two individuals in the relationship won't be disconnected with one another just because their race as a whole might be against the other -- that is a generalisation that one cannot make. It is all about the individual and their own views.

In many areas around the world, race simply isn't an issue,

Gosh you are so young and dumb

so love will not have to bridge up the differences and ignorance (even though I think it very well can) -- because there will be no differences or ignorance present. I personally, would also not connect more with my own race than I would with someone outside of my race. What would connect us more? Our race? What if we have nothing in common? What if I meet someone who is of a different race who has things in common with me? I would rather choose the person I feel more connected with (race plays no part in that to me at all).

Lastly, with the discrimination that is present in many cases, I believe those in interracial relationships *are* facing the racial realities caused by the prejudice (which may or may not be present).
    Many get in for the wrong reasons and the childs tend to show this immediately
    Yet they initiate these relationships out of love. If there are cultural differences linked to race, then I'm sure each would get immersed in the other in order to better know the person they are with. If not then maybe the relationship wouldn't work for one reason: the other person isn't trying. Again, race has little influence in this case -- it's all about the individual's attitude.

(Sorry for the essay!)
    May also ask where do you live and who is white in your family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    excuse me
    and are you non white?
    what kinda stupid question is that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Coloured is a racist term, please refrain from using it. It was used in South Africa and is very offensive. :unimpressed:
    Umm no it's not? please refrain from telling me what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    Umm no it's not? please refrain from telling me what to do
    See i ask for your race as only a white person has that type of response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadiseFound)
    I think he's right though, you need to ask yourself why 50% of black men (particularly black Caribbean, a *******ised culture still reaping the effects of post colonialism) date outside of there race compared to the minimal numbers you see in tightly knitted ethnocentric communities like Indian ones. It's because one lusts after the White ideal and the other doesn't.

I'm not saying all interracial couples are are a result of that but if you look at statistics there are trends, white people most desirable etc

In the case of tightly knitted ethnic communities, like Indians, they can't marry outside their race because they would be shamed/disowned etc etc So even if they don't like it, they don't have too much of a choice, most of the time.

In the case of black men, if 50% date outside their race and 50% date inside their race - why is that a problem? Surely that's pretty standard that you get half of each and it's not so skewed? Also, I have a number of black friends, and the reason they don't date black women is because they are just so much more of a handful than any other race. They feel entitled, act like divas, very confrontational etc etc. They date outside their race, just because it's easier. And that doesn't necessarily mean white girls are more desirable - the other 50% could be pointing more towards latina girls or mixed girls.

ReputationRep:
    I am attracted to the green people from the planet Zaarg.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.