Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    he was warned by a different teacher not to show it around because of it's looks

It was only when it started beeping in his bag during a different class that a teacher did their job as it is school policy that

“We always ask our students and staff to immediately report if they observe any suspicious items and/or suspicious behaviour… We will always take necessary precautions to protect our students and keep our school community as safe as possible.”

But I believe he was in an English class and not sure the suitability of English teachers in identifying potential home mad explosive devices I think she did the right thing.
    Beeping, lol. I want to see everyone's reaction to Ahmed's suspicious looking device beeping :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Ah, such fine reasoning. You must have been trained by none but the best.
    Nothing but the best for me. Maybe you forgot the sentence of the post I replied to.

(Original post by Ahem-)
    Nothing but the best for me. Maybe you forgot the sentence of the post I replied to.
    I really have no idea what you're talking about. Make a clear point or don't expect further reply.

ReputationRep:
    I really have no idea what you're talking about. Make a clear point or don't expect further reply.
    "Ah, when a Muslim calls somebody else 'stupid.' Very amusing indeed."

ReputationRep:
    "Teachers claimed the alarm clock looked like a bomb?"

Really? lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got released and finally did bring an actual bomb for what he's been through just now. 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    I agree that its better to be safe then sorry but you know that these kind of things would never happen to a white christian kid.
    As far as I'm aware, this is the only time it has happened to a Muslim kid (or anybody) in the US.

Regardless, how do you know this wouldn't have happened to a white kid? Do you not recall a recent story where white, non-Muslim girl was suspended for bringing a butter knife to school, for instance? Imagine the furor had she been a Muslim. Or there was that kid in South Carolina last year (also white, non-Muslim) who was suspended and had his locker searched by police because he wrote a story for class that involved him shooting a dinosaur with a gun.

People say "this wouldn't happen to a white, non-Muslim" despite the fact it easily could in the US. Overzealous policing like this can affect anybody. The media just ten to get carried away when certain 'criteria' are met.

(Original post by Ahem-)
    "Ah, when a Muslim calls somebody else 'stupid.' Very amusing indeed."
    Yes, and what's your point? Were you trying to amuse me?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and what's your point? Were you trying to amuse me?
    Maybee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    "Teachers claimed the alarm clock looked like a bomb?"

Really? lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got released and finally did bring an actual bomb for what he's been through just now. 😂
    So innocent children deserved to be killed because a school was protective?

ReputationRep:
    He's got suspended too.

Couldn't be more obvious.

Guarantee the kid won't even get an apology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    So innocent children deserved to be killed because a school was protective?
    What children got killed in this story?

ReputationRep:
    How the **** is a 14yr old able to build and bring a fully functional bomb to school?

Those saying he couldn't even make a clock; acting as if a bomb is something easy to make. Got the equipment from next door right?

****ing idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    What children got killed in this story?
    You said you wouldn't be surprised he did bring a bomb because of what they put him through.

Would you like to see him bring bomb to school to hurt innocent people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    How the **** is a 14yr old able to build and bring a fully functional bomb to school?

Those saying he couldn't even make a clock; acting as if a bomb is something easy to make. Got the equipment from next door right?

****ing idiots.
    Because children have never been used to carry out terrorist attacks, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)

****ing idiots.
    Hahahah tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    As far as I'm aware, this is the only time it has happened to a Muslim kid (or anybody) in the US.

Regardless, how do you know this wouldn't have happened to a white kid? Do you not recall a recent story where white, non-Muslim girl was suspended for bringing a butter knife to school, for instance? Imagine the furor had she been a Muslim. Or there was that kid in South Carolina last year (also white, non-Muslim) who was suspended and had his locker searched by police because he wrote a story for class that involved him shooting a dinosaur with a gun.

People say "this wouldn't happen to a white, non-Muslim" despite the fact it easily could in the US. Overzealous policing like this can affect anybody. The media just ten to get carried away when certain 'criteria' are met.
    People are so quick to try to flip the script and then brush their hands off like it suffices as a touche. It doesn't.
    White Americans know there are white American militias and terrorists as well. It's just less amazing to read it in the news for some reason. People aren't just going to ignore some kid, regardless if they're white, swing a knife around.

However this kid just brought a clock if even you can call it a clock to school and I can just imagine how it all escalated. But at least you said "overzealous policing," which is politically correct for racial profiling.

ReputationRep:
    That's the only argument you seem to have

ReputationRep:
    For the sake of simplicity I think that all these headlines and articles might as well be renamed to "13-Year Old Child Arrested by Racist Police for Being Black and also Muslim" because that is the agenda that some of you on here are trying to push. It sounds ridiculous when you put it like that, but a lot of you are disregarding the fact that there was a bomb threat involved. In doing this you detracted enormously from your arguments, especially when you link police behavior with systematic racism with no discernible evidence to back it up. You'd be absurd if you went into any respectable political forum and actually tried to argue this view because your arguments are so half-baked, unfounded and bare-bones that any casual observer will immediately disregard you as just another ignorant anti-police disestablishmentarian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That's the only argument you seem to have
    No, I put forward plenty of others which you have seen throughout this thread. I was merely responding to this persons views.

ReputationRep:
    Because they've not had a terrorist group telling them what to do.

Also, the fact that an engineer teacher as well as police failed to realise it wasn't a bomb in the end worries me.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.