Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Durham yet? My friend has applied for Law and got an offer last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hr3471)
    Hey, i'm applying to the Exeter campus, i got AAAD in my AS levels (the D is on history because i got an A and a U in my exams, but i am resitting) and am predicted A*AA 😃 good lick with your application, where else are you applying?
    THANKS! I just handed in my application, so nervous now!
    I am applying to UCL,Warwick, Exeter and Southampton. Thinking about the fifth choice...

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my UCAS for Reading, East Anglia, Sussex, Brunel and Hertfordshire!
    My predicted grades are AAB!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody had Durham or St Andrews yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesmeg3)
    Anybody had Durham or St Andrews yet
    Sent mine off on the 22nd of October and still not heard back. My friends have for other courses but history is notoriously late!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMer)
    Sent mine off on the 22nd of October and still not heard back. My friends have for other courses but history is notoriously late!
    Any idea how late that is ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesmeg3)
    Any idea how late that is ?
    January-March! They emailed me the following day and said they were waiting until the January deadline to make any decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wingsly)
    AS grades: A's in history and psychology and a D and E in chem and bio
    Predicted A*AA (doing classics in one year)
    Applied to: Kings, Queen Mary, Exeter, bath spa and Cardiff
    sent mine off two days ago, super nervous
    Have you had an offer from kings yet??

ReputationRep:
    Applying for -
    > History at York and Edinburgh
    > American Studies with History at Nottingham
    > American Studies at UEA and Sussex

AS Grades: ABB (A in history)
    Predicted: AAB

Recieved conditional offer for UEA (ABB, or BBB with an A in EPQ) on 24/11.

Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh for History?? Seems to be super slow on thier offers.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Birmingham asking for AAB, my first choice but the last one to reply! I'm more than likely going to put it as my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentmcr6)
    Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh for History?? Seems to be super slow on thier offers.
    Someone I know was told that he would hear from them at the beginning of December, he applied at the end of September/beginning of October, not entirely sure what date.

ReputationRep:
    history first year here, if anybody wants/needs any help with the application process i can try and help (having done ucas only a year ago i know how horrible it can be)

ReputationRep:
    AS grades: AABB
    A2 predictions: AAA
    Universities applied to: UCL, Bristol, KCL, Cardiff, Southampton

So nervous to get responses! Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswalds)
    Someone I know was told that he would hear from them at the beginning of December, he applied at the end of September/beginning of October, not entirely sure what date.
    Thank you :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbradley5)
    no not yet, but ive heard from other people at my college that they are usually pretty quick to reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbradley5)
    I got an offer for History from Kings 5 days after I sent off my UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first offer! Warwick - history and politics

ReputationRep:
    AS grades: AAAB
    A2 predictions: AAA
    Universities applied to: Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester, Northumbria

I've got conditional offers from Newcastle and Northumbria, and an Unconditional if I firm Nottingham, which I'm tempted to firm as it's the safe option but I really loved Newcastle and Leeds as well good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what_even)

I've got conditional offers from Newcastle and Northumbria, and an Unconditional if I firm Nottingham, which I'm tempted to firm as it's the safe option but I really loved Newcastle and Leeds as well
    An Unconditional offer isn't always the 'safe' wonder-offer it appears.

Please read all of this TSR article before you make any decision about what to Firm - and especially the bit about getting Unconditional offers whilst still taking A levels - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I've read this before but I do actually really love the uni as much as the other two with higher grades-I just meant safe as in I'd definitely be in a uni I loved, but thank you as I'm still undecided
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    An Unconditional offer isn't always the 'safe' wonder-offer it appears.

Please read all of this TSR article before you make any decision about what to Firm - and especially the bit about getting Unconditional offers whilst still taking A levels - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.