Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do y'all go to church? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to going later today.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do when at University. Not when at home, except to go to carol services and the Christmas Day service at my Grandma's church.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to try out some new church locations,feel free to recommend yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Would love to try out some new church locations,feel free to recommend yours
    We recently had a Levantine evening, well, presentations on prophecies relating to Syria, Palestine, Israel & IS.

We have one coming up ion social media, money, outreach etc ... group discussions.
    Those are Saturday events. Main meeting Sundays, visitors always welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    We recently had a Levantine evening, well, presentations on prophecies relating to Syria, Palestine, Israel & IS.

We have one coming up ion social media, money, outreach etc ... group discussions.
    Those are Saturday events. Main meeting Sundays, visitors always welcome.
    Omg where? I'm levant btw what is it called?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Omg where? I'm levant btw what is it called?!!!!
    Click on "We" (in blue) - web-linked to website with meeting details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)

I bet that was interesting. How long have we got left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    I bet that was interesting. How long have we got left?
    No-one knows, not even the Son, but Isaiah 17:1-9 and Jeremiah 49:23-27 detail a future destruction of "Damascus" (i.e. Syria) and fleeing of the people ... with ISIS we have a force who would be willing to destroy like that.
    Notice that he Armageddon confederacy in Ezekiel 38 does not include Syria, Jordan & Lebanon ... countries immediately next to Israel who were her enemies previously (the 1973 war). Could it be that Iran, Turkey & Co. will take advantage of the clear run down to to the valley of Megiddo where Israel will pull the nuclear trigger "the Sampson option" and Jesus will return before the World is destroyed.

Name:  Ezek 38.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  77.9 KB Name:  megiddo-map.gif
Views: 57
Size:  12.3 KB

Russia (Gog and Magog) will have "hooks in their jaws", they will be unwillingly drawn in, perhaps because if they don't, other people will get the Leviathin gas and oil field and her economy will be destroyed. Also she wants a Med. port and has a large Muslim population.

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in the Catholic faith, and so the Catholic mass is all I've been involved in. I left the faith and was an atheist for a few years, and last fall, came back to Christianity, but haven't been going to church regularly because I'm not into the Catholic faith, anymore. I attended a Baptist service on Christmas Eve and loved it, but haven't been going regularly. I would like to, though.

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.
    Hey bee! I used to go once a week if was busy then rare. But now I understand that church is everywhere. U don't want to think that I should go somewhere to pray. So I do it wherever I want and feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    I grew up in the Catholic faith, and so the Catholic mass is all I've been involved in. I left the faith and was an atheist for a few years, and last fall, came back to Christianity, but haven't been going to church regularly because I'm not into the Catholic faith, anymore. I attended a Baptist service on Christmas Eve and loved it, but haven't been going regularly. I would like to, though.
    Interesting. May I ask what led to you turning back towards Christianity, and why you looked towards Baptist Church instead of Catholicism? (If you don't mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    arm
    (Original post by BenJess)
    Hey bee! I used to go once a week if was busy then rare. But now I understand that church is everywhere. U don't want to think that I should go somewhere to pray. So I do it wherever I want and feel.
    Hi, I hope you don't mind me saying God is everywhere so you can pray where and whenever but, the church is the body of Christ.

We are all parts of the body, me an eye, you an arm etc etc, unless we meet together as the body we are disjointed as the eye cannot work without the arm I need you and you need me to function and be a support to each other.

"Don’t stop meeting together with other believers, which some people have gotten into the habit of doing. Instead, encourage each other, especially as you see the day drawing near". This verses is from Hebrews.

Church should be the place we meet with other people who can build us up in our faith, encourage and support one another, share the love of God and praise and worship him. It can be quite difficult to praise and worship God alone, much better with (a band IMHO) and others .

ReputationRep:
    I want to the chapel today y'all. Hope you're all having a great Sunday. Don't forget to remember Christ,our saviour and that he died for our sins. May God bless you all.

ReputationRep:
    nah - I've got better things to do, like "enjoying my short existence" and "not being bored out of my skull"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    nah - I've got better things to do, like "enjoying my short existence" and "not being bored out of my skull"
    Great story

ReputationRep:
    Great story
    my context: I was forced to go to church for about 15 years. it was miserable and worthless. it would render a big chunk of my weekend equal to that of school. how lovely. in fact, I'd *much* rather have been to school on those sundays because at least my friends would have been there - the only friend I had in church would have been satan, because at least satan understood how boring god was, hence the whole fall from grace...

ReputationRep:
    great !!

ReputationRep:
    I want to the chapel today y'all. Hope you're all having a great Sunday. Don't forget to remember Christ,our saviour and that he died for our sins. May God bless you all.
    Yes, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to remember Christ,our saviour and that he died for our sins.
    The bible explains that his death at Calvary was to enable us to receive His Life (Pentecost onwards).

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree ... that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:13-14)

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance ... having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he has shed forth this, which you now see and hear." (Acts 2:4, 33)

Paul and the people he was writing to had all actually received it ...
    have you received the same queen-bee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    The bible explains that his death at Calvary was to enable us to receive His Life (Pentecost onwards).

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree ... that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:13-14)

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance ... having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he has shed forth this, which you now see and hear." (Acts 2:4, 33)

Paul and the people he was writing to had all actually received it ...
    have you received the same queen-bee?
    I hope so

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.