Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reguy1)
    To all the people with offers from Sheffield - how long did you have to wait between applying and getting the offer and when did you apply? (:
    4 days from the day I applied to when I got an offer. I applied on 8th October.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo got an unconditional offer for Music and Korean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natwhite0)
    Anyone else had an offer for English Language and Linguistics?
    Yes, I have

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer for English Language and Linguistics

ReputationRep:
    I had AAAC at AS (bio, chem, math, physics).

Predicted A2s: AAA (bio, chem, math). Retook one unit of physics to try to improve that AS C.

Applied for Medical Genetics MSci (entry requirements AAA). Is it likely that I'll be offered a place?

I'm an international student, if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    I had AAAC at AS (bio, chem, math, physics).

Predicted A2s: AAA (bio, chem, math). Retook one unit of physics to try to improve that AS C.

Applied for Medical Genetics MSci (entry requirements AAA). Is it likely that I'll be offered a place?

I'm an international student, if that makes a difference.
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    got an offer for chemistry bsc !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations. Welcome to Department with a Nobel Prize winner, Sir Richard Roberts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Yes.
    Do you currently go to Sheffield? Do you know how lenient they are if you miss their offer by say, one grade?

ReputationRep:
    Do you currently go to Sheffield? Do you know how lenient they are if you miss their offer by say, one grade?
    I go to Sheffield and it really depends on the course I'd say. The less competitive courses, like languages, will be more lenient than say engineering and medicine. I do Chinese and missed my offer by one grade (ABB offer, got a C in Politics) and still got in.

ReputationRep:
    As Super Kawaii says ... it depends. Other than very competitive courses i think there's leeway in many. Go check if that course was in Clearing last year. If yes then good chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    As Super Kawaii says ... it depends. Other than very competitive courses i think there's leeway in many. Go check if that course was in Clearing last year. If yes then good chance.
    How are you able to check if the course was in clearing?

Most just say 'no clearing spaces available for 2105, apply for 2016 here'

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Politics on the 15th!

ReputationRep:
    How are you able to check if the course was in clearing?

Most just say 'no clearing spaces available for 2105, apply for 2016 here'
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...?frame=2636069

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! i got an offer this evening for english literature, I'm so happy! it's my first choice uni im also going to be at the open day on the 10th feb, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the applicant day 12th Feb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Medical Genetics?

What are your predicted grades and what was Sheffield's offer?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for chemical engineering with a foundation year at Sheff? And what is the best accomodation at sheffield

ReputationRep:
    Also i still havent been invited for an applicant day despite getting my offer in November, does anyone know when the applicant day is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator12345)
    Also i still havent been invited for an applicant day despite getting my offer in November, does anyone know when the applicant day is?
    it depends for each department I think. you will get an email soon enough, but if you're really concerned I would call them.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for English literature today

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.