Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    No. While I don't see why we should allow certain types here, I don't believe they should suffer discrimination or be deported or anything. I'm happy to see their numbers decline over decades.
    Certain types = certain ethnicities = racist. I'll make sure I have lots of black babies and I'll be thinking of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    It's an opinion, I don't need evidence. Do I need to provide evidence for why I think Nutella isn't v nice too? :dunce: If you're going to say something then please be consistent and follow through.

Well, you thought wrong bc I do have a justification and wut?¡ It's not a claim, it's an opinion. Why is that so difficult to comprehend. (':

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, don't make the fallacy of comparing it to liking nutella, that's a preference, dyslexia being real isn't a preference.

In short, you have no evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that it isn't real, when all the data suggests it is.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Apple really are overrated. There's a FB grup I post on where people are obsessed with it and make it sound as though there's no other OS out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    My unpopular opinion is that ^this guy^ shouldn't be representing South Wales.
    He represents South Wales!?!?!?
    Nooo!!!! (Due to bad trolling ability.)

(Original post by ihatePE)
    im far from representing south wales, im a minority, do i look white to you
    By any chance do you live in/around Cardiff? (Also don't be too hard on yourself.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    These are " unpopular opinions " that I have, so I'm not quite sue why you want to start a debate about it.
    ikr. I'm actually scared to post my things
    What are people expecting on this thread '

"Playstation is better than PC and Xbox combined",
    "1D sucks, JB number 1"
    "Drake's Hotline Bling dance moves are actually awesome" (Some are btw )

Ofc people are gonna take the opportunity to throw their very unpopular opinions into the light(well even deeper if they have been preaching it for a while)
    They have probably heard all sides of the opinions by now, and they have come up with that unpopular conclusion.

No point of trying to change it. Plus it's an opinion .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    More obfuscation and deflection. You cannot justify your stupid opinions. That is fine. Just admit it, so you don't appear too deluded.
    Right, so bc you disagree with my views you immediately regard them as "stupid"? And I'm childish. :yy: For the last time, opinions do not need justifcation + if you read my post to ' 'Mr. Dystopia' then you'd have realised that I've already explained why I don't think dyslexia exists. I'm not feeling a debate, I don't want to discuss my unpopular opinions bc I'm v much aware that they are unpopular therefore I already know exactly what the responses will entail. I don't wish to form dozens of replies to an influx of comments from people who are obviously unaware of the opposing argument + lastly, I'm not trying to convince you to believe me so I'm really unsure as to why you're so worked up over the fact dyslexia is a myth in my eyes. It's totally okay, you're still welcome to believe in it. :console:

Sure, what opinion that I expressed in this thread would you like me to justify?
    You missed the point.

I'm happy to justify any opinion I express.
    Good for you, didn't ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion. No matter how obviously untrue and whatever evidence there may be against my opinion I will deny it. Because of course I, like the non existent Anon_98 don't understand the difference between facts and opinions.

While I'm at it, in my opinion apples, trees and oxygen don't exist.

You can't have an opinion on fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No, don't make the fallacy of comparing it to liking nutella, that's a preference, dyslexia being real isn't a preference.

In short, you have no evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that it isn't real, when all the data suggests it is.
    You can label it how you like but at the end of the day, they are both opinions. Opinions don't need evidence, I'm really not sure why you think otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can label it how you like but at the end of the day, they are both opinions. Opinions don't need evidence, I'm really not sure why you think otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, trying to get away with labelling them both opinions won't help you. Liking a type of food is something for which no one can provide evidence because it is totally subjective.

Dyslexia on the other hand is something that can be proven, and it has been. Others have already told you about diagnoses and medical data and you're just ignoring it by doing the intellectual equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and screaming "na na na na na can't hear you!"

If you think it doesn't exist then surely you must have some sort of reasoning and evidence to back up your view.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to convince you to believe me so I'm really unsure as to why you're so worked up over the fact dyslexia is a myth in my eyes. It's totally okay, you're still welcome to believe in it.
    This is just unnecessary and further proof of your deflection and defensiveness. I never stated a position on your opinion.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    In my opinion Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion. No matter how obviously untrue and whatever evidence there may be against my opinion I will deny it. Because of course I, like the non existent Anon_98 don't understand the difference between facts and opinions.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Certain types = certain ethnicities = racist. I'll make sure I have lots of black babies and I'll be thinking of you
    Lmao :rofl:

I love how he tries to say he's not racist but every explanation he gives is the literal Oxford Dictionary definition of racism, I mean...there's no disputing it

ReputationRep:

Lmao, this :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not really.
    I don't want to talk about it further tbh, if you'd like to continue then I'm sure Illiberal Liberal and Plantagenet Crown will be more than willing to take my place + discuss it with you since they pretty much made me write that paragraph + it therefore appears as though they're quite interested in the whole concept. :yep: Let's hope they don't let you down. :no:
    With all due respect, it is. Dyslexia is a medical diagnosis, in the same way that autism or schizophrenia are medical diagnoses. You can say you don't believe in it which I guess is an opinion (even if it's an opinion that doesn't stand up at all against the evidence) but to claim that there isn't a diagnosis or specific clinical criteria for dyslexia is categorically wrong.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion Anon_98 doesn't exist, but that's just my opinion.
    Except there is no evidence for dyslexia, it's just an excuse. Ofc, deluded people like yourself end up confusing fact with fiction. Commiserations.

No, that's quite possibly the most stupidest example I've ever been represented with in my entire existence on TSR. If I step outside my back garden, I will see the trees which the apples hang from. If I step into the learning development room, I do not see the word 'Dyslexia™ ' stamped on every child's forehead. What I do see, however, are children who have been mistaught or not taught well, children who need extra help but instead of being given the necessities they need to progress, they've all been slumbered into a room, opposite the boys' toilets with others who have also been "diagnosed", being told they have this "condition" and therefore require "special care" so will be comforted and given disability benefits which will only hinder their learning further when in reality it's all down to inadequate teaching + support from a young age. If this wasn't a problem to begin with then it... really. wouldn't. exist.

Oh mhm, ooh isn't it great that it isn't fact then? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

OMG this is brilliant. :rofl:

Your 'opinions' on dyslexia, homosexuals and abortion really worry me. Also, you're not providing any evidence or justification for you arguments, thus you're not coming across well at all. But hey, you disprove a fact can you?

ReputationRep:
    I like wearing socks in the bath.

ReputationRep:
    Except there is no evidence for dyslexia, it's just an excuse. Ofc, deluded people like yourself end up confusing fact with fiction. Commiserations.

No, that's quite possibly the most stupidest example I've ever been represented with in my entire existence on TSR. If I step outside my back garden, I will see the trees which the apples hang from. If I step into the learning development room, I do not see the word 'Dyslexia™ ' stamped on every child's forehead. What I do see, however, are children who have been mistaught or not taught well, children who need extra help but instead of being given the necessities they need to progress, they've all been slumbered into a room, opposite the boys' toilets with others who have also been "diagnosed", being told they have this "condition" and therefore require "special care" so will be comforted and given disability benefits which will only hinder their learning further when in reality it's all down to inadequate teaching + support from a young age. If this wasn't a problem to begin with then it... really. wouldn't. exist.

Oh mhm, ooh isn't it great that it isn't fact then? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh so clever aren't you? how could I ever match your sheer ignorance?

How about you do some actual research into dyslexia, or read some actual scientific papers on dyslexia rather than some click-bait article by the Daily Mail. There is evidence for it. But of course if I slapped you across the face with a textbook clearly defining this evidence you would pretend it does not exist.

And judging by your sheer idiocy you probably could't comprehend the book if you tried.

Although I'm sure it will be very difficult for you, do some research on the Magnoceullular pathway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Your 'opinions' on dyslexia,
    Great. :yy:

homosexuals
    What opinion would that be exactly? XD Considering I haven't even made one¿:lolwut:

and abortion really worry me.
    Just bc you're 100% pro-choice, doesn't mean everyone else will be. No need to worry yourself.

Also, you're not providing any evidence or justification for you arguments,
    I've provided more than enough tbh, I didn't ask for my opinion to be debated upon, merely commented on a thread so why you all expect me to elaborate on something I didnt sign up for is beyond me.

But hey, you disprove a fact can you?
    It isn't fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol is this argument really still going on?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    He represents South Wales!?!?!?
    Nooo!!!! (Due to bad trolling ability.)

By any chance do you live in/around Cardiff? (Also don't be too hard on yourself.)
    no. i live in the more white area about 1 hour from Newport

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.