Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are decision trees particularly important for this years case study paper? I haven't looked at how to do them for ages and now I'm worried in case I need to know how to do it.:ashamed2: Do you think its important? I have revised TSA and ratios instead though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELR27)
    Are decision trees particularly important for this years case study paper? I haven't looked at how to do them for ages and now I'm worried in case I need to know how to do it.:ashamed2: Do you think its important? I have revised TSA and ratios instead though!
    You made a good choice.

Decision trees are such a low chance to come up.

ReputationRep:
    How can the grade boundaries be so low for an A?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    How can the grade boundaries be so low for an A?!
    Because people like us take the exam! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute tips for the exam? Topics I should definitely know for the exam? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    Any last minute tips for the exam? Topics I should definitely know for the exam? thank you
    Topics wise- probably TSA/ratios, and the textile industry! Obviously they could throw us, but my teacher is pretty sure they will come up in some form. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELR27)
    Topics wise- probably TSA/ratios, and the textile industry! Obviously they could throw us, but my teacher is pretty sure they will come up in some form. Good luck
    Thank you good luck to you!!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else absolutely terrified?! 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackDove)
    Is anyone else ansolutely terrified?! 😩
    I'm so nervous for the first questions which is the maths type one! 😭

ReputationRep:
    Im nervous for every single question ahahhaahahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevel0620)
    Im nervous for every single question ahahhaahahh
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Im nervous as well, but mainly as I dont know the formulas and TSA.. but aslong as you know the case study you should do fine.... I hope :P

Anyone help me with macroeconomic stuff? GDP/Infaltion/Unemployement? etc..

still got like... 3 hours or so to cram!

ReputationRep:
    Me too
    same, just nervous about the whole exam to be honest! Good luck though everyone :goodluck: xx

ReputationRep:
    What was the numerical question for last year. Like CPA, Ratios, Time series etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CGandham)
    What was the numerical question for last year. Like CPA, Ratios, Time series etc.
    Not sure, but this year it will be ratios or tsa.. All of the case study information points at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CGandham)
    last year was ratios

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help with the exact gearing ratio?
    And what ratios do we need to know - will solvency or shareholder come up as I have only learnt 2 liquidity (current ratio = current assets/current liabilities, acid test ratio = (current assets - stock)/current liabilities) and 4 activity (asset turnover = revenue/fixed assets, stock turnover = cost of sales/stock, debtor days = (debtors X 365)/revenue, creditor days = (creditors X 365)/cost of sales.)
    Do I need to know any others e.g. ROCE, interest cover, gearing ???

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help with the exact gearing ratio?
    And what ratios do we need to know - will solvency or shareholder come up as I have only learnt 2 liquidity (current ratio = current assets/current liabilities, acid test ratio = (current assets - stock)/current liabilities) and 4 activity (asset turnover = revenue/fixed assets, stock turnover = cost of sales/stock, debtor days = (debtors X 365)/revenue, creditor days = (creditors X 365)/cost of sales.)
    Do I need to know any others e.g. ROCE, interest cover, gearing ???
    I will learn them all just in case!
    ROCE are operating profit over capital employed x100 (i think)
    Interest cover are Profit before tax and interest /interest
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Ok.. Is gearing creditors after 1 year/(creditors after 1 year + net assets employed) ?

ReputationRep:
    Im still confuses about the textile maths the powerpoint my teacher gave me said the BEP are 2115 pound per week and the guy who posted his BEP to me said is 3990000 profit per week. Im confused... someone help...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.