Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Hi, thanks for all the recent quotes posted. Some of my personal favourites were MathQ123, alimunir2512, _ariane29 (I love your profile pic by the way), Imperion, dipka, Indeterminate, sana_malik, serah.exe, Cinna21, Carpe Diem Jay, @Evandra, Danny the Geezer, Andy98, quentinhamilton and MrsSheldonCooper (although I do love reading books). I know that's a lot, but thanks guys!
    Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    'Life is like a pile of s***. It stinks, but if you wait a while, something beautiful may grow.'
    No idea who came up with that one. Might've even been me... or someone's blog.

Also this one: 'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.' So true.

'Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas' - Blaise Pascal.
    The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    'Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.'
    That's a good one. I'll remember that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, many thanks to Andy98, Marmiteandbacon, nucdev, pagorai, cupcakes87, Formless, Tootles and godivaontherocks.

ReputationRep:
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    “Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulwadud13)
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor
    (Original post by nucdev)
    “Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life."
    These quotes are amazing. nucdev thanks so much. You have been posting loads!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    These quotes are amazing. nucdev thanks so much. You have been posting loads!!!
    Lol! The number of quotes I have could go on for pages and pages.
    And they mostly all come from one person - someone who I'm inspired by.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! The number of quotes I have could go on for pages and pages.
    And they mostly all come from one person - someone who I'm inspired by.
    Yeah, it's great how many quotes there are. I'm glad that there is that person who has inspired you. The quotes you have posted have really inspired me too. You seem like a really nice person. If you have any sayings that you think might be motivational or inspirational to others, please feel free to share that too.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    "Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it and your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire universe. You are indeed the evident book, by whose alphabets the hidden becomes manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect."

ReputationRep:
    Shut your mouth or I'll punch you in the throat you mong- Mahatma Gandhi

ReputationRep:
    "The world isn’t supposed to make sense. If it did, there would be no use for writers or philosophers or songwriters, because what’s the point of talking about something that everyone already understands?"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    “Strength is Life, Weakness is Death.
    Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death.
    Love is Life, Hatred is Death.”

Bit more of a social message: “So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every person a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!”

ReputationRep:
    “Strength is Life, Weakness is Death.
    Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death.
    Love is Life, Hatred is Death.”

Bit more of a social message: “So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every person a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!”
    That is a fantastic quote with an amazing message. I totally agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that anyone who was/is feeling unsure of the meaning of life will make use of any opportunities they are faced with, simply because they can. Please don't be afraid if there are rough patches in your life. This doesn't mean that you have gone wrong, but that you can learn and grow stronger. #choosechoices

ReputationRep:
    As I say, I've got loads more where these come from!

“Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.”

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.