Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfloydfan)
    yes, I'm growing more and more nervous by the minute. Got all 4 of my other offers, just...Imperial...
    I had an 8 in maths and a 7 in physics (it was a joint subject with chemistry, my physics grade was a 9 and my chemistry grade a 6, which was 2/3 of the subject final grade...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alegonperez)
    I had an 8 in maths and a 7 in physics (it was a joint subject with chemistry, my physics grade was a 9 and my chemistry grade a 6, which was 2/3 of the subject final grade...)
    Oh, I'm an IB student where 7 is the maximum. I take HL Physics/Chemistry/Maths and SL Italian/English/Economics. I've pretty much consistently scored 7's in everything apart from math...and Imperial wants a minimum of a 7 in HL maths...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm an IB student where 7 is the maximum. I take HL Physics/Chemistry/Maths and SL Italian/English/Economics. I've pretty much consistently scored 7's in everything apart from math...and Imperial wants a minimum of a 7 in HL maths...
    Oh alright. Then if you have a 6 maybe there will be no problems. But I dunno, because I scored full marks in the rest of the subjects, except one, so I can't promise anything. But good luck and be patient! You will find out soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alegonperez)
    Oh alright. Then if you have a 6 maybe there will be no problems. But I dunno, because I scored full marks in the rest of the subjects, except one, so I can't promise anything. But good luck and be patient! You will find out soon
    cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Then focus more on math, it is not like they are asking for a 45. Or are you already doing that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batmansmaster)
    Then focus more on math, it is not like they are asking for a 45. Or are you already doing that?
    I've got a >40 prediction. But maths is my main issue.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a >40 prediction. But maths is my main issue.
    How come? Just practice 24/7, eventually it won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batmansmaster)
    How come? Just practice 24/7, eventually it won't be a problem.
    yeah...I usually know how to do questions but I end up making a careless slip somewhere and get the answer wrong. Gonna practice my butt off over the coming months...

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected lol... I now have to choose between UCL bristol and manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg97)
    Just got rejected lol... I now have to choose between UCL bristol and manchester
    Aww no I'm so sorry

Bristol's course is amazing! And apparently the social life is great. I'd go with Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Aww no I'm so sorry

Bristol's course is amazing! And apparently the social life is great. I'd go with Bristol
    Yes I'm pretty set on Bristol but one does not simply turn down UCL... Although apparently i's not that good for mechanical engineering.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm pretty set on Bristol but one does not simply turn down UCL... Although apparently i's not that good for mechanical engineering.
    I heard for Mechanical it's utter crap. It was my 5th choice. Go with the better course. Name doesn't matter (and I'm sure aero employers know UCL isn't strong)

ReputationRep:
    I heard for Mechanical it's utter crap. It was my 5th choice. Go with the better course. Name doesn't matter (and I'm sure aero employers know UCL isn't strong)
    Ok thank you I'm going for Bristol and if I get more than 2 A*s I may reapply to imperial.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you I'm going for Bristol and if I get more than 2 A*s I may reapply to imperial.
    Nice one! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! Good luck
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    no interview?

ReputationRep:
    no interview?
    got rejected post interview, which makes it all the more poignant

ReputationRep:
    got rejected post interview, which makes it all the more poignant
    Aw, dang. Bristol's pretty damn good for aero though, it's my second choice if Imperial doesn't want me :P

ReputationRep:
    Aw, dang. Bristol's pretty damn good for aero though, it's my second choice if Imperial doesn't want me :P
    I just firmed it

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed it
    Since I'm one of these weird IB people, Bristol asks for 38 and Bath asks for 36...probably gonna firm Imperial and insurance Bath if all goes...well...but I feel so uncertain now...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.