Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1306)
    After 22 rounds, the top 4 go into semi finals. Obviously, 1st and 2nd get home advantage. 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd. A week later the winners go to Twickenham for the final.

I think this system is brilliant because it allows the teams that have had internationals taken away from them to be factored in and not be too hampered, inviting teams to actually have English players etc. It also means that just incase one team runs away with it from September, it isn't all over and most teams still have a lot to play for. It makes it more exciting and tense, plus a bit of extra money made at the final and semi finals for the club sides.

But I do think there should be a reward for finishing top of the table (smaller trophy with some prize money) as well as the playoff
    Yeah, I thought so. Same in the pro 12.

(Original post by Chez231)
    What we think? Tuilagi to start this weekend ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully..

ReputationRep:
    What we think? Tuilagi to start this weekend ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he'll be used as a impact sub. I personally don't think he's ready. Yes he's making big hits, yes he's scoring tries and doing some good defensive work. But there is parts of the game last saturday where he was a couple of percent off. For example, he was running though and had to make a 20m pass. Whilst this pass went to hand, the receiver had to slow down and the momentum died. This was just one example of a few where he's not at full international level yet, and I believe he's not quite ready but happy to be proven wrong. (even though I'd rather have him for Wasps v Tigers :P )
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    WALES team to play England

Liam Williams (Scarlets), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), George North (Northampton Saints), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, CAPT), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues).

ReputationRep:
    I think he'll be used as a impact sub. I personally don't think he's ready. Yes he's making big hits, yes he's scoring tries and doing some good defensive work. But there is parts of the game last saturday where he was a couple of percent off. For example, he was running though and had to make a 20m pass. Whilst this pass went to hand, the receiver had to slow down and the momentum died. This was just one example of a few where he's not at full international level yet, and I believe he's not quite ready but happy to be proven wrong. (even though I'd rather have him for Wasps v Tigers :P )
    True ! But even as an impact sub , he'll make a huge difference!
    They should put lagovii in the England squad (;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    WALES team to play England

Liam Williams (Scarlets), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), George North (Northampton Saints), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, CAPT), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues).
    That is quite a strong team. England will certainly have quite a challenge.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    That is quite a strong team. England will certainly have quite a challenge.
    We sure will.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now him and Vunipola would be some front row!

ReputationRep:
    Now him and Vunipola would be some front row!
    Exactly! Jones should stretch a little further , who knows what potential they could reach

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    True ! But even as an impact sub , he'll make a huge difference!
    All of his Samoa caps causing a slight problem though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    All of his Samoa caps causing a slight problem though.
    True :/ the guy is a monster though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Big weekend of rugby. Really excited for the Wales and England match after Wasps and Leicester. I think that's my favourite international match of the bunch. England against the Aussies is always special, but the Wales matches are something else.

(Original post by Mackay)
    Big weekend of rugby. Really excited for the Wales and England match after Wasps and Leicester. I think that's my favourite international match of the bunch. England against the Aussies is always special, but the Wales matches are something else.
    Sounds like a great weekend - any score predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Sounds like a great weekend - any score predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wales by 5, and Leicester by 7.

ReputationRep:
    England name an unchanged side, with a very impressive looking bench to boot.

Think it'll be much like the game in the WC, very little in it. Probably decided by the boot.

Can't bloody wait!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully today's game goes the same way last nights U20's game went.

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute joke of a first half performance so far. Were all the Welsh lads out on the piss last night? Don't think I've ever seen so many missed tackles.

ReputationRep:
    19 missed tackles in the first half. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Hope that last 6 minutes against 14 doesn't take away from how absolutely dire we were in that match. Simply awful.

Thought North was in in that last play. Gutted

Two things from that game..
    How can players be expected to role away, when they physically can't move?
    I know Johnathan Davies is the antichrist in England, but surely no one enjoys that commentary more than BBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Hope that last 6 minutes against 14 doesn't take away from how absolutely dire we were in that match. Simply awful.

Thought North was in in that last play. Gutted

I know Johnathan Davies is the antichrist in England, but surely no one enjoys that commentary more than BBC?
    I have actually quite enjoyed the ITV rugby commentary with Shane Williams (although the main English bloke does some times toot his horns a bit too much). Even at half time the panel that they have, for the most part, seem to be pretty decent.

Regarding players rolling away, the whole idea is that they shouldn't be in that position in the first place, although i would say that the rule itself is incredibly vague and seems to be up to the referees discretion.

Wales were poor though, i just hope they aren't that bad when i go watch them next week against Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Most of the time though the player isn't actually impending access to the ball which i find most frustrating and in weekend amateur rugby a referee would rarely peanalise that kind of infringement. You see forwards all the time coming into a ruck looking to trap a tackler and then appearing to struggle to get the ball which is more accessible than it seems, in order to attract a penalty.

2 weeks ago the BBC commentary was equally dire, if not worst, Davies was especially annoying and the fat english prop they have just seemed to moan all the time about the referee rather than actually commentating.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.