Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you received any interview invitations yet + where?
    University of Bristol
    16.28%
    Cardiff University
    22.09%
    University of Southampton
    8.14%
    University of Nottingham
    18.60%
    University of Birmingham
    34.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curious_M)
    Congrats. If I may ask. Which college it is from and what was your UMS.

Thanks
    93 and queens,what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP
    Hey, I'm an international applicant and I'd like to know about Exeter too! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaaelaaa)
    93 and queens,what about you?
    Thanks is it SUMS or average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DT17)
    Does anyone have any info on when Southampton are going to send out interviews for GEM (A101), and when Birmingham might interview for GEM? (November to March isn't terribly helpful...)
    Soton GEM interview invites went out on the 24 Nov last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    We can add more options to the poll but the issue is you can only have 16 choices max and there are more med schools than that :beard:
    if others agree might we be able to add all the London ones at least please though BSMS would also be great

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Try not to worry about it - they may not have processed your full application yet, and they did say that they haven't finished sending out invitations. If you are stressed though, you could try calling the Exeter Medical School admissions desk on the number found on contact page of the med school website.

The information we wrote before is what we were told when we telephoned the Exeter Medical School admissions desk.

We hope this helps,
    TMP
    Hey The Medic Portal,

Could you tell me about interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen? Have they finished sending them out?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, anyone know if Liverpool and Keele are giving out interviews yet? Plus when do BMAT unis get our results...and then when do they give out interviews, I've applied to Leeds
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP
    Hi medic portal. I'm an international student and I wanted to know if you knew if Cardiff does interviews separately for international students 'cause I don't think I don't think any international students have heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nzomvwa)
    Hey The Medic Portal,

Could you tell me about interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen? Have they finished sending them out?

Thanks!
    Glasgow haven't sent out any interviews yet, I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Liverpool? I am also guessing that Glasgow haven't started sending out any interviews yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaredBanana)
    Glasgow haven't sent out any interviews yet, I don't think.
    Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15)
    Ok thank you, cause I'm an international student so maybe they reply to us later or is it the same for everyone?
    Hi there,

So we've heard back from Exeter Medical School. They say that ideally everyone should hear back by the end of today! However, they have had a system fault, so the last invitations to interview may get sent out tomorrow.

Also, it makes no difference if you are an international student. You'll either hear back by the end of today, or tomorrow latest.

In the mean time, in preparation for any interviews you may have been invited to, why not check out our free blogs? They are written by doctors and medical students, and cover how to tackle interviews! We've also got weekly medical news summary blogs, to help you stay up to date with NHS hot topics, and the latest medical developments.

Good luck,

TMP
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Hey, I'm an international applicant and I'd like to know about Exeter too! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

See our reply above to futureDOCTOR2k15!

Good luck,

TMP
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by nzomvwa)
    Hey The Medic Portal,

Thanks!
    Good morning!

Glasgow try to give two weeks notice, and haven't sent out any invitations yet. They interview in the first few weeks in December, so most invitations will be sent out at the end of November. If you're an international student, Glasgow will try to give you a little more than two weeks notice, but they can't really guarantee anything!

At the moment we can't get through to Aberdeen, but when we do we'll get back to you ASAP.

Good luck!

TMP
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by temid)
    Hi medic portal. I'm an international student and I wanted to know if you knew if Cardiff does interviews separately for international students 'cause I don't think I don't think any international students have heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good morning!

So Cardiff Medical School started interviewing yesterday. However, they continue to do interviews right up to March.

As they have only just started interviewing, very few Cardiff applicants have been invited to interview. It's an ongoing process, so you could hear back anytime from now until March.

As an international student, you won't have heard back just yet. They haven't invited any international students to interview as far as we are aware. You may hear back over the next two weeks, but as it's an on-going process, you could still hear back at any time between now and March (as is the case for UK students).

Good luck!

TMP

ReputationRep:
    Good morning!

Glasgow try to give two weeks notice, and haven't sent out any invitations yet. They interview in the first few weeks in December, so most invitations will be sent out at the end of November. If you're an international student, Glasgow will try to give you a little more than two weeks notice, but they can't really guarantee anything!

At the moment we can't get through to Aberdeen, but when we do we'll get back to you ASAP.

Good luck!

TMP
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    x
    TMP
    Do you know when Nottingham/QUB will start sending out interviews? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview for Aberdeen next Tuesday and I'm so ill just now.. Talk about bad timing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notyous)
    Do you know when Nottingham/QUB will start sending out interviews? Thanks
    Im quite curious about Nottingham as well... Any news?

ReputationRep:
    Ah you can do it. You got to remember this is all part of the test! Best of luck!!!
    (Original post by Jennapee)
    Got my interview for Aberdeen next Tuesday and I'm so ill just now.. Talk about bad timing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.