Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tvdfan)
    Hey thanks for the response, idk i'm pretty confused tbh the answer is:

(the product is saturated hence) there is no restricted rotation/singlebonds allow rotation/because C=C prevents rotation

I don't get it
    I think it's because it becomes saturated and you can't have a cis trans isomer that's saturated so they become exactly the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsashax)
    I think it's because it becomes saturated and you can't have a cis trans isomer that's saturated so they become exactly the same?
    I think this is a good point to reiterate that when you find questions you really struggle with, everyone else struggles too! This is especially useful in exams, knowing that a question is tough, for example, last year when I was in F324 I was smiling while doing the DNP question, because I knew most people wouldn't have a clue.

Always remember it's a competition and you're just trying to get one of the top scores relative to other students :P

ReputationRep:
    These are so good, thank you for taking the time to do this!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  40.3 KBI need help on this acid hydrolysis. The markscheme says it produces a compound with NH2+ but isnt it a NH3+ salt??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrownGuyIrfan)
    These are so good, thank you for taking the time to do this!
    No problem man! It helps me revise content and I'm motivated knowing it'll help others in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ss0)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  40.3 KBI need help on this acid hydrolysis. The markscheme says it produces a compound with NH2+ but isnt it a NH3+ salt??
    No look at how many bonds are already attached to the nitrogen

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering what university and course you went onto after your results? You had really impressive btw.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if you have any general tips for Chemistry and Maths? (Your notes are awesome by the way! Thank you so much!!!)

Also, when did you begin your revision and for how long daily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christauf)
    Hi,
    I was wondering what university and course you went onto after your results? You had really impressive btw.
    Hey there! I went to study Chemical Engineering at the University of Manchester :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also want to do chemical engineering. What are your thoughts on Manchester and the course itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanda01)
    Hi, I was wondering if you have any general tips for Chemistry and Maths? (Your notes are awesome by the way! Thank you so much!!!)

Also, when did you begin your revision and for how long daily?
    Maths is totally practice. Practice enough you'll get 100%. Chemistry has more application but is similar in that practice develops your solving skills.

ReputationRep:
    will anyone do me a favour? I'm going OCR a salters but I've got the revision guide for OCR b and done most of my notes from there so if anyone has the cgp revision guide and would kindly give me the code for the online edition? Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane1026)
    will anyone do me a favour? I'm going OCR a salters but I've got the revision guide for OCR b and done most of my notes from there so if anyone has the cgp revision guide and would kindly give me the code for the online edition? Please
    OCR B is the salters one A is the non-slater one which guide do you need. I find your question slightly confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane1026)
    I've got the revision guide but I'm not sure where you find the code in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused by the polyesters and polyamides bit on the spec where it says 'Candidates for will not be expected to recall the structures of synthetic polyesters and polyamides or their monomers'
    Does this mean we don't have to know how to draw out or know the systematic names of terylene, PLA, nylon-6,6 or kevlar? That probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm just not sure what we actually need to know because it only says we have to 'describe condensation polymerisation to form' and then lists them so it's pretty vague

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    I'm a bit confused by the polyesters and polyamides bit on the spec where it says 'Candidates for will not be expected to recall the structures of synthetic polyesters and polyamides or their monomers'
    Does this mean we don't have to know how to draw out or know the systematic names of terylene, PLA, nylon-6,6 or kevlar? That probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm just not sure what we actually need to know because it only says we have to 'describe condensation polymerisation to form' and then lists them so it's pretty vague

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, any named polyester or amides will have the structure given in the exam, you don't to remember any specific examples, just the general formula.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can get an official or unofficial mark scheme for a June 2015 equilibria energetics and elements paper?
    OCR exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonD_1697)
    Does anyone know where I can get an official or unofficial mark scheme for a June 2015 equilibria energetics and elements paper?
    OCR exam board
    YouTube it. There's a chemistry teacher that goes through the paper on there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    YouTube it. There's a chemistry teacher that goes through the paper on there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank-you never thought of that 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonD_1697)
    Thank-you never thought of that 😊
    There's also that one guy who posted the paper & answers on twitter right after the exam last year, crappy quality but I was able to check my answers reasonably well with it. (Think he made a mistake though so if you disagree on a question that'll be why...probably).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.