Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizzicato)
    Hope we'll get it I've heard that Passfield is one of the most social halls so should be a year of fun!
    Yes yes, that's why I chose it besides the good price. And I actually quite like the Georgian building and the fact that it has a really nice garden
    Finger cross for both of us for getting into our 1st choice.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for accomodation today! Chose Bankside, Northumberland and Lillian Penson Hall (intercollegiate).

Desperately hoping for a single, ensuite room :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Hello, never posted in any of these LSE forums being an Oxford PPE reject. Thought I would crawl over here with my offer from LSE to ask which halls the party is at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    this is LSE we're talking about ahaha
    Haha I hope I'll be psychologically prepared for it:excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Yes yes, that's why I chose it besides the good price. And I actually quite like the Georgian building and the fact that it has a really nice garden
    Finger cross for both of us for getting into our 1st choice.
    Hopefully we'll meet there in September haha Which course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    LSE will probably be my insurance. Kind of dangerous though because if i do end up getting it, theres a possibility that ill be homeless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths)
    LSE will probably be my insurance. Kind of dangerous though because if i do end up getting it, theres a possibility that ill be homeless
    Insurance? You have a higher offer somewhere else? Whoa

What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizzicato)
    Hopefully we'll meet there in September haha Which course did you apply for?
    I applied for Management. How about you?
    Have you firmed LSE?
    Yes hopefully we will see each other there ☺️

ReputationRep:
    So are you guys thinking of bank side wanting to stay in single or shared rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Umm, generally you hang out with people from your halls in my experience. The only exception is if you make some close friends from classes or societies.

I hadn't either. You are at no disadvantage at all.
    Hey Jamie! Sorry for the awful amount of questions! I looked at Bankside on hall pad and there are shared and single rooms (which are more expensive)- which one did you live in and which I better? Tbh I don't want to be sharing with a stranger but Bankside seems to have a good social atmosphere. Also, cos Bankside is so big compared to let's say pass field or carr Saunders, is it a bit of a disadvantage in the sense that it's hard to make more close friends cos there are just so many different new people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatisgold1)
    So are you guys thinking of bank side wanting to stay in single or shared rooms?
    I'm intrigued by the idea of shared tbh, could end badly though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatisgold1)
    Hey Jamie! Sorry for the awful amount of questions! I looked at Bankside on hall pad and there are shared and single rooms (which are more expensive)- which one did you live in and which I better? Tbh I don't want to be sharing with a stranger but Bankside seems to have a good social atmosphere. Also, cos Bankside is so big compared to let's say pass field or carr Saunders, is it a bit of a disadvantage in the sense that it's hard to make more close friends cos there are just so many different new people?
    I live in a single ensuite, but single shared bathroom is just one bathroom between two. A shared room however isn't as common and i don't know that many people in them. As far as I know they try and match you with someone similar. I would advise against it but its personal preference and budget.

No, you tend to make close friends firstly with people on your floor and then with people you meet at the bar etc. It does seem that there are much fewer people than it says at bankside. Friends isn't normally a problem here.

ReputationRep:
    I live in a single ensuite, but single shared bathroom is just one bathroom between two. A shared room however isn't as common and i don't know that many people in them. As far as I know they try and match you with someone similar. I would advise against it but its personal preference and budget.

No, you tend to make close friends firstly with people on your floor and then with people you meet at the bar etc. It does seem that there are much fewer people than it says at bankside. Friends isn't normally a problem here.
    Hey Jamie, what are the chances of getting a single ensuite in Bankside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john979797)
    Hey Jamie, what are the chances of getting a single ensuite in Bankside?
    Very high if you put ensuite as your most important consideration and apply now.

ReputationRep:
    Very high if you put ensuite as your most important consideration and apply now.
    Ahh ok cool thanks!

Also does anyone know how rare high holborn single ensuites are? And is the social life really that bad there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john979797)
    Also does anyone know how rare high holborn single ensuites are?
    You can look at the availability (as in, the total number of) any type of room on the application form on Hallpad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    You can look at the availability (as in, the total number of) any type of room on the application form on Hallpad.
    Mm okay will check that out. But yeah just asking bc some halls may have quite a few single ensuites but some give priority to 2nd or 3rd years/postgrads? That's what I read somewhere anyway, not sure if that's the case in HH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Insurance? You have a higher offer somewhere else? Whoa

What course?
    Oh, MMORSE at Warwick. which is A*AA- not necessarily higher, its just that i think that i'd enjoy a campus uni more. Plus, the cost of living in London is insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    I applied for Management. How about you?
    Have you firmed LSE?
    Yes hopefully we will see each other there ☺️
    I applied for philosophy, logic&scientific method, and yes I firmed LSE last week and insured Warwick

ReputationRep:
    do you know what happens if I deffer my entry to lse having already been accepted at a hall?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.