The Student Room Group

Are ISIS muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Yes, it does. Sexual intercourse within a marriage or slavery becomes rape if the woman doesn't consent to it, just as it would if neither were in place.

Of course it does. But forced prostitution, which does not involve the owner in having intercourse with the woman, is only a limited form of rape (not by the owner, and the paying customer may not be aware that the woman has been forced into prostitution). Intercourse between the non-consenting slave and the owner, on the other hand, is rape (which that verse does not ban).
Original post by Good bloke
Of course it does. But forced prostitution, which does not involve the owner in having intercourse with the woman, is only a limited form of rape (not by the owner, and the paying customer may not be aware that the woman has been forced into prostitution). Intercourse between the non-consenting slave and the owner, on the other hand, is rape (which that verse does not ban).

Which is why I said that while the word al bighaa (ٱلۡبِغَآءِ) was translated as prostitution, it doesn't mean exactly that since it also involves sex with the slave owner. In comparison, the word for prostitution in arabic is di'aara (دعارة).
Which is why I said that while the word al bighaa (ٱلۡبِغَآءِ) was translated as prostitution, it doesn't mean exactly that since it also involves sex with the slave owner. In comparison, the word for prostitution in arabic is di'aara (دعارة).

As an Arabic speaker I can confirm this translation.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
x

You have already been exposed as a troll. This thread summarises it up nicely;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3694881

Nice try, like with your trolling of some girl saying she was too much of a "hoe" to go to church, but;
http://i.imgur.com/DZn2Qhd.jpg
ISIS murdered my maternal grandfather back in 2014. I don't for one second believe these animals are genuine Muslims. They're animals and it saddens me to to be from the same country as them. They've destroyed a country that was so full of culture and instead caused chaos in the name of 'islam'. They aren't true Muslims,rather manipulate the religion to suit their wants and needs
Original post by queen-bee
ISIS murdered my maternal grandfather back in 2014. I don't for one second believe these animals are genuine Muslims. They're animals and it saddens me to to be from the same country as them. They've destroyed a country that was so full of culture and instead caused chaos in the name of 'islam'. They aren't true Muslims,rather manipulate the religion to suit their wants and needs

Anyone who argues they (ISIS) aren't Muslim is obviously wrong.
Anyone who argues that their views represent Muslims as a whole is also obviously wrong.

They are a group of Muslims, how some deny that is incredible-they do take inspiration from the Koran. But to say other Muslims take the same kind of view from the Koran would be equally incredible.
Original post by i<3milkshake
Anyone who argues they (ISIS) aren't Muslim is obviously wrong.
Anyone who argues that their views represent Muslims as a whole is also obviously wrong.

They are a group of Muslims, how some deny that is incredible-they do take inspiration from the Koran. But to say other Muslims take the same kind of view from the Koran would be equally incredible.

M so glad all the Muslims I know and the majority of all Muslims are not like these hayawan
Original post by WoodyMKC
You're totally overlooking the fact that if the muslim community denounce you and your actions.

Except they don't though do they? Too busy blaming Jews, Israel, Mossad, America, Britain and The West for everything.
Original post by queen-bee
M so glad all the Muslims I know and the majority of all Muslims are not like these hayawan

Calling them animals is frankly an insult to the hawayaan... Animals don't have free will, and nothing any animal has ever done is as bad as what these guys do to us.
Calling them animals is frankly an insult to the hawayaan... Animals don't have free will, and nothing any animal has ever done is as bad as what these guys do to us.

That's so true,hayawaan aren't even in the same category as these ibn kalb
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Just to be an arse, I am going to correct you. Jesus was a Jewish rabbi.

After Jesus' death, his followers believed he was resurrected, and the community they formed eventually became the Christian church

So... was Christ a Christian or not? If I'm to stand corrected on th assertion that he wasn't it must be the case that you believe he was, then you claim he was a Jewish rabbi. He wasn't around when the Christian church and dogma
was formed by his followers, right?
Dude I have, so chill ur pants:wink:
Islam does not call for the execution of apostates. According to several reliable sources, Muhammad didn't kill any of the three people to publicly declare apostasy during his lifetime (Ubaydullah ibn Jahsh, Ayyaash, or Hishaam) and so any hadiths saying that he said, 'Kill anyone who changes their islamic religion' are null in terms of historical reliability. It doesn't call for the execution of adulterers either. The punishment's meant to be flogging with a cloth whip - and besides, it's kinda hard to get convicted of adultery in islamic law unless you're doing the do in the middle of the street or something.
Original post by zhog
So... was Christ a Christian or not? If I'm to stand corrected on th assertion that he wasn't it must be the case that you believe he was, then you claim he was a Jewish rabbi. He wasn't around when the Christian church and dogma
was formed by his followers, right?

In short, no, Christ was not a Christian.

Christianity formed around and after the time of Christ - Jesus himself was a Jew, even though he was baptised by John the Baptist, and not a Christian. If you disagree, try pretty much any academic text on the subject. Wikipedia is a good place to start before you get into any scholarly research. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus
Islam does not call for the execution of apostates.

Then why do so many muslim majority countries kill people or leaving Islam or have some for of punishment for doing just this?

Why is it in the UK families have been know to try and kill their children for leaving Islam?
Should option "IDC"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Is the pope a catholic?

ahaha lol
Original post by SHBKhan
A journalist made that list based on the Quran not the Qu'ran itself

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they didn't

It was made by Imams and muslim scholars.

It seem though, you know better than they do.......
Original post by SHBKhan
lol

I'm not here to convince you I'm just telling you stuff. If you really want to know then go and find out.

Sure whatever you say bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

You claimed this evidence was in the Quran

Come on show me where this evidence is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending