Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are ISIS muslims? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are ISIS militants MUSLIMS?
    Yes.
    42.91%
    No.
    26.64%
    They are muslims. But not "true" muslims
    24.57%
    Idk
    5.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Totally agree
    You may agree that the Koran says not to murder people. However, I said earlier on this thread;

(Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I never got this about the Koran. I mean yeah, sure, it says don't murder, but then it talks about beheading the non believers, stoning other people, etc etc.

The only logic I came come to is that either the Koran is altered by man (no god would contradict themselves so blatantly) or completely false. Or of course the non-believers are seen as less than animals, as "kuffars".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-34574330

I mean the bible contradicts itself which is why no one takes it completely seriously. Critical thinking and intelligence has taught them that if something is contradictory it is not sensible or even possible to follow.
    Genuinely, please explain to me how the Koran can say not to murder people yet also talk about stoning adulterers and beheading non-believers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    Yes, it does. Sexual intercourse within a marriage or slavery becomes rape if the woman doesn't consent to it, just as it would if neither were in place.
    Of course it does. But forced prostitution, which does not involve the owner in having intercourse with the woman, is only a limited form of rape (not by the owner, and the paying customer may not be aware that the woman has been forced into prostitution). Intercourse between the non-consenting slave and the owner, on the other hand, is rape (which that verse does not ban).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Of course it does. But forced prostitution, which does not involve the owner in having intercourse with the woman, is only a limited form of rape (not by the owner, and the paying customer may not be aware that the woman has been forced into prostitution). Intercourse between the non-consenting slave and the owner, on the other hand, is rape (which that verse does not ban).
    Which is why I said that while the word al bighaa (ٱلۡبِغَآءِ) was translated as prostitution, it doesn't mean exactly that since it also involves sex with the slave owner. In comparison, the word for prostitution in arabic is di'aara (دعارة).

ReputationRep:
    Which is why I said that while the word al bighaa (ٱلۡبِغَآءِ) was translated as prostitution, it doesn't mean exactly that since it also involves sex with the slave owner. In comparison, the word for prostitution in arabic is di'aara (دعارة).
    As an Arabic speaker I can confirm this translation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    x
    You have already been exposed as a troll. This thread summarises it up nicely;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3694881

Nice try, like with your trolling of some girl saying she was too much of a "hoe" to go to church, but;
    http://i.imgur.com/DZn2Qhd.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ISIS murdered my maternal grandfather back in 2014. I don't for one second believe these animals are genuine Muslims. They're animals and it saddens me to to be from the same country as them. They've destroyed a country that was so full of culture and instead caused chaos in the name of 'islam'. They aren't true Muslims,rather manipulate the religion to suit their wants and needs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    ISIS murdered my maternal grandfather back in 2014. I don't for one second believe these animals are genuine Muslims. They're animals and it saddens me to to be from the same country as them. They've destroyed a country that was so full of culture and instead caused chaos in the name of 'islam'. They aren't true Muslims,rather manipulate the religion to suit their wants and needs
    Anyone who argues they (ISIS) aren't Muslim is obviously wrong.
    Anyone who argues that their views represent Muslims as a whole is also obviously wrong.

They are a group of Muslims, how some deny that is incredible-they do take inspiration from the Koran. But to say other Muslims take the same kind of view from the Koran would be equally incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Anyone who argues they (ISIS) aren't Muslim is obviously wrong.
    Anyone who argues that their views represent Muslims as a whole is also obviously wrong.

They are a group of Muslims, how some deny that is incredible-they do take inspiration from the Koran. But to say other Muslims take the same kind of view from the Koran would be equally incredible.
    M so glad all the Muslims I know and the majority of all Muslims are not like these hayawan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You're totally overlooking the fact that if the muslim community denounce you and your actions.
    Except they don't though do they? Too busy blaming Jews, Israel, Mossad, America, Britain and The West for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    M so glad all the Muslims I know and the majority of all Muslims are not like these hayawan
    Calling them animals is frankly an insult to the hawayaan... Animals don't have free will, and nothing any animal has ever done is as bad as what these guys do to us.

ReputationRep:
    Calling them animals is frankly an insult to the hawayaan... Animals don't have free will, and nothing any animal has ever done is as bad as what these guys do to us.
    That's so true,hayawaan aren't even in the same category as these ibn kalb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Except they don't though do they? Too busy blaming Jews, Israel, Mossad, America, Britain and The West for everything.
    Total bs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10146534.html
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...e-online-video
    http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/b...n/9163.article
    http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-musli...36573-Jul2015/

Along with the entire shia community, who are the main victims of this sick organisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    Just to be an arse, I am going to correct you. Jesus was a Jewish rabbi.

After Jesus' death, his followers believed he was resurrected, and the community they formed eventually became the Christian church
    So... was Christ a Christian or not? If I'm to stand corrected on th assertion that he wasn't it must be the case that you believe he was, then you claim he was a Jewish rabbi. He wasn't around when the Christian church and dogma
    was formed by his followers, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by string56)
    It seems you should take your own advice, with your misinformation.

[b]

It all depends on what one considers 'Murder', given Islam definitely sanctions the killing of certain human beings, such as apostates and adulterers.

Quite deceptive of you not to quote the full verse, if you did, you would have realized this verse has conditions and was directed specifically to the jews (Children of Israel)...

Nor did you quote the next verse after this, which gives permission to punish and kill those who "wage war" and cause "corruption"...

Ibn Kathir clarifies 'Wage war' to mean "oppose and contradict (Islam), and it includes disbelief (of Islam), blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways."
    http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...=784&Itemid=60

ISIS can certainly justify some of their acts by quoting Islamic scripture and as its been said before 'ISIS' hardly considers those who oppose them to be innocent, hence their killings of what we would consider to be innocent Muslims. You also seem to be making 'Takfir' (by declaring ISIS Muslims not to be 'Muslims' ), are you sure you're in such a position to do that?
    Dude I have, so chill ur pants

ReputationRep:
    Islam does not call for the execution of apostates. According to several reliable sources, Muhammad didn't kill any of the three people to publicly declare apostasy during his lifetime (Ubaydullah ibn Jahsh, Ayyaash, or Hishaam) and so any hadiths saying that he said, 'Kill anyone who changes their islamic religion' are null in terms of historical reliability. It doesn't call for the execution of adulterers either. The punishment's meant to be flogging with a cloth whip - and besides, it's kinda hard to get convicted of adultery in islamic law unless you're doing the do in the middle of the street or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    So... was Christ a Christian or not? If I'm to stand corrected on th assertion that he wasn't it must be the case that you believe he was, then you claim he was a Jewish rabbi. He wasn't around when the Christian church and dogma
    was formed by his followers, right?
    In short, no, Christ was not a Christian.

Christianity formed around and after the time of Christ - Jesus himself was a Jew, even though he was baptised by John the Baptist, and not a Christian. If you disagree, try pretty much any academic text on the subject. Wikipedia is a good place to start before you get into any scholarly research. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

ReputationRep:
    Islam does not call for the execution of apostates.
    Then why do so many muslim majority countries kill people or leaving Islam or have some for of punishment for doing just this?

Why is it in the UK families have been know to try and kill their children for leaving Islam?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Should option "IDC"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Is the pope a catholic?
    ahaha lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHBKhan)
    A journalist made that list based on the Quran not the Qu'ran itself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they didn't

It was made by Imams and muslim scholars.

It seem though, you know better than they do.......

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.