Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Will We Have a Budget? Or is it one if thoses " We will Get Round to it ......Eventually" Kind of thing???
    Uninformative token answer incoming!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Uninformative token answer incoming!!!
    Savage !!!! PRSOM
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Will We Have a Budget? Or is it one if thoses " We will Get Round to it ......Eventually" Kind of thing???
    We will have a budget. As we've already said, we are sorting out the Chancellorship position over the next day or two and when that is sorted, more detail can be given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    We will have a budget. As we've already said, we are sorting out the Chancellorship position over the next day or two and when that is sorted, more detail can be given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah so it will only take a few days to appoint a new chancellor ? Remember how long it took to form a Cabinet?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Ah so it will only take a few days to appoint a new chancellor ? Remember how long it took to form a Cabinet?
    Both parties are under new Leadership so we're looking into the cabinet. There's no point bringing up the cabinet when that was in the past and under different leadership (although I did admitedly handle a lot of the Liberal side of it).

Whatever I say will be pounced upon, so you're just going to have to be patient for a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Will We Have a Budget? Or is it one of thoses " We will Get Round to it ......Eventually" Kind of thing???
    By the end of January.

ReputationRep:
    Will We Have a Budget? Or is it one of thoses " We will Get Round to it ......Eventually" Kind of thing???
    It will be in January, we've said this about 20 times.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    It will be in January, we've said this about 20 times.
    We also heard from the last government that having no chancellor means no progress can be made, so does this mean that the new chancellor will be compromising their education to ensure we get this January budget?

ReputationRep:
    We also heard from the last government that having no chancellor means no progress can be made, so does this mean that the new chancellor will be compromising their education to ensure we get this January budget?
    No.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    No.
    So are we to expect another iffy budget, or are you accusing your government colleagues of gross incompetence?

ReputationRep:
    So are we to expect another iffy budget, or are you accusing your government colleagues of gross incompetence?
    How about neither?

ReputationRep:
    Give it a rest. Labour obviously weren't involved in the last government, we're not accountable for what they said, the Liberals themselves were only a minority in it and the Chancellor from the time is now inactive. We've said January since the start, we're still saying January, it will still be January.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Give it a rest. Labour obviously weren't involved in the last government, we're not accountable for what they said, the Liberals themselves were only a minority in it and the Chancellor from the time is now inactive. We've said January since the start, we're still saying January, it will still be January.
    Inactive chancellor, that's seeming somewhat familiar. As I recall though, the last Government (with their inactive Liberal Chancellor, hmmm) were not doing it during exam season, with study taking up much of the time, when they finally got round to trying to do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Inactive chancellor, that's seeming somewhat familiar. As I recall though, the last Government (with their inactive Liberal Chancellor, hmmm) were not doing it during exam season, with study taking up much of the time, when they finally got round to trying to do something about it.
    Well, unlike the last Government we're taking much quicker action over this disappearing Chancellor, hence why you're going to see a replacement I have every confidence will be extremely good at the job very soon.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Well, unlike the last Government we're taking much quicker action over this disappearing Chancellor, hence why you're going to see a replacement I have every confidence will be extremely good at the job very soon.
    Actually, based on the voting reviews, you're infinitely worse. According to the latest review, Jarred has now been absent for over a month, GP was not absent until the fall of the government, give or take a couple of days. Checking the commencement date for that government, you are faster than them iff GP was absent from day one. As we have established, she was still active at the and according to voting reviews, and was at least active for the first few days simply by looking at this thread's predecessor.

Isn't procrastination fun?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No disrespect to the Liberals as a whole but I find it funny that we've had 3 Liberal MP Chancellors in a row (in my time here at least) now that have all vanished without leaving a budget or very much at all. Isn't it time they gave up the position? :laugh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    No disrespect to the Liberals as a whole but I find it funny that we've no had 3 Liberal MP Chancellors in a row (in my time here at least) now that have all vanished without leaving a budget or very much at all. Isn't it time they gave up the position? :laugh:
    Shots fired.

ReputationRep:
    No disrespect to the Liberals as a whole but I find it funny that we've had 3 Liberal MP Chancellors in a row (in my time here at least) now that have all vanished without leaving a budget or very much at all. Isn't it time they gave up the position? :laugh:
    I agree but I remind you that you were the Labour leader when the negotiations were taking place, and you were the Prime Minister when the coalition was first formed. If there were doubts over the Liberals' ability to fulfil the role, as leader you should have kept the position for Labour. When the Chancellor was first away you should have appointed a new Chancellor after a few days away, and your successor should be appointing a new Chancellor to cover; Labour needs to share some of the blame here.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I agree but I remind you that you were the Labour leader when the negotiations were taking place, and you were the Prime Minister when the coalition was first formed. If there were doubts over the Liberals' ability to fulfil the role, as leader you should have kept the position for Labour. When the Chancellor was first away you should have appointed a new Chancellor after a few days away, and your successor should be appointing a new Chancellor to cover; Labour needs to share some of the blame here.
    Back when Jarred was around there were no doubts on my part, and I wasn't directly involved in most of the negotiating due to my being in Russia. And whilst I would have preferred Labour holding the position it wasn't a red line for me. If the Liberals give up the Chancellorship let it be by their own free will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm pretty sure it's 2 (GP & jarred) and there have only ever been 4 budgets delivered over 22 Parliments. It's a really hard job and you can hardly blame the liberal leaders for having lives which get in the way.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.