Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grad0912)
    I emailed them on Friday and received an email back today just to say I had passed the assessment centre but due to my location preferences and overall score they couldn't offer me a position at this time but my application will be kept on hold.
    What scheme was this for? Where did you want to be based!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daiskow)
    What scheme was this for? Where did you want to be based!

This was for the retail grad selling scheme. We picked three top regions, I think mine were all based in the north, little bit in limbo now as its not a definite no just wait and see 🤔

ReputationRep:
    My assessment was late February (23rd) based in London and I got a positive answer last week for the Marketing grad scheme, as well as the other girl who succeed in. Hope this helps a little !
    Fingers crossed guys !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daiskow)
    I applied for the school leavers programme but haven't heard anything back yet, I went to the assessment centre at Worcester. When do you think we will hear?
    I'm not sure, quite a lot of people seem to have heard already. If I don't hear back today I might call them.

ReputationRep:
    I attended Newcastle for the school leavers, got an email on Monday to let me know I was unsuccessful and just got my feedback email followed by another to let me know I am now being considered for a section manager role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomson123)
    I attended Newcastle for the school leavers, got an email on Monday to let me know I was unsuccessful and just got my feedback email followed by another to let me know I am now being considered for a section manager role.
    Well done when did you attend the Newcastle Assessment centre? I haven't heard back yet but I'm wondering if it's because I attended one of the last assessment centres (18 Feb)

ReputationRep:
    Just a few days before you. Seems to be random responses so don't lose hope

ReputationRep:
    I heard back today for school leavers and was unsuccessful so am now awaiting feedback☺️

ReputationRep:
    I've received my feedback but my application is on hold as I passed but just didn't pass well enough to be offered a position. Has anyone else had this?

ReputationRep:
    I've received my feedback but my application is on hold as I passed but just didn't pass well enough to be offered a position. Has anyone else had this?
    Yeah, I emailed yesterday and was told due to my location preferences that they are unable to offer me a position at this time so have been put on hold. I don't know what this means for us though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HB1993)
    Yeah, I emailed yesterday and was told due to my location preferences that they are unable to offer me a position at this time so have been put on hold. I don't know what this means for us though!
    Me either I've emailed for clarification. How long I wonder could we be on hold for?

ReputationRep:
    Me either I've emailed for clarification. How long I wonder could we be on hold for?
    I emailed them aswell to see if they could give me a better idea of what is going on. Although I don't know when they will reply because I did send it the other day and still haven't had a response.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for school leader and now been considered for section manager?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cs128)
    Anyone applied for school leader and now been considered for section manager?
    Yeah me ☺️x

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything more after the email have you? Which are are your being considered for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's been offered section management roles, have you heard anything else?xx

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back who had an interview for the assistant lingerie designer position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darling16)
    Has anyone heard back who had an interview for the assistant lingerie designer position?
    I was wondering this too! When was your interview? I think we would have heard by now if it was successful surely!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting to hear back about the school leavers management? Given up hope now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear back about Assistant Lingerie Designer position after my interview, has anyone here had a yes or no yet?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.