Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask on the Nottingham work experience forms, does it ask for your duration of each work experience in shifts/days (ie 80 days), simply in dates (ie November 2014 - July 2015) or in worked hours total? Just so I can keep my details in order as I prepare my application for later this year. How many boxes were there in total as well, to enter the work experience? (Ie, can list maximum of 5 different work experience types).

Honestly the work experience is the only thing that worries me, and I have some good stuff but I feel like the safest thing to do is overkill it and go in with so much work experience that they can't logically turn it away on those grounds!

Thanks guys for any help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    Can I ask on the Nottingham work experience forms, does it ask for your duration of each work experience in shifts/days (ie 80 days), simply in dates (ie November 2014 - July 2015) or in worked hours total? Just so I can keep my details in order as I prepare my application for later this year. How many boxes were there in total as well, to enter the work experience? (Ie, can list maximum of 5 different work experience types).

Honestly the work experience is the only thing that worries me, and I have some good stuff but I feel like the safest thing to do is overkill it and go in with so much work experience that they can't logically turn it away on those grounds!

Thanks guys for any help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It asks for start date (dd/mm/yyyy), hours per weeks and total duration (in days). And there were 5 different sections for each work experience types and a section for any future work planned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)

Thanks guys for any help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everything Natha_Lite said; also, they're not so bothered by how much WE you've done (everyone has the same minimum of ?2 weeks) as what you've learnt from it. The best record to be keeping now is a blow-by-blow account of everything you see, hear and learn, so that you can discuss it and draw poignant conclusions in the interview. I know someone who got into SGUL with 2 weeks' clinical shadowing and that's it. The only reason you're doing the WE in the first place is to make sure your decision to undertake a career in medicine is an informed one, and that's the aspect that will be scrutinised at interview. I wish I'd kept more detailed records of all the patients I met and problems I faced during work experience now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    It asks for start date (dd/mm/yyyy), hours per weeks and total duration (in days). And there were 5 different sections for each work experience types and a section for any future work planned.
    You're a star, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizenkaLizenka)
    Everything Natha_Lite said; also, they're not so bothered by how much WE you've done (everyone has the same minimum of ?2 weeks) as what you've learnt from it. The best record to be keeping now is a blow-by-blow account of everything you see, hear and learn, so that you can discuss it and draw poignant conclusions in the interview. I know someone who got into SGUL with 2 weeks' clinical shadowing and that's it. The only reason you're doing the WE in the first place is to make sure your decision to undertake a career in medicine is an informed one, and that's the aspect that will be scrutinised at interview. I wish I'd kept more detailed records of all the patients I met and problems I faced during work experience now!!
    Yeah absolutely. So then I imagine the only reason for sending the WE forms is to ensure you have the bare minimum numbers needed before the give you an interview slot. At which point it's about your reflection upon what you learnt and experienced. Makes sense! Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got some friends who have gone back to uni earlier and apparently the PBL rooms are still being used for interviews. Whether that's for GEM or another course (we also have MPT and GEN) I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    I've got some friends who have gone back to uni earlier and apparently the PBL rooms are still being used for interviews. Whether that's for GEM or another course (we also have MPT and GEN) I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember from an email long ago that the interview period ends on 8th April.

ReputationRep:
    I take it from the quiet here that no one who can check has received any letters today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasPassion)
    I take it from the quiet here that no one who can check has received any letters today...
    My post doesn't come in till 2 but I am thinking what you're thinking!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing yet! I'm banking on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the letter say we should expect to hear Monday 18th?

ReputationRep:
    It said by Fri 15th at the latest - so far Notts have actually been on time for everything so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I'm a prospective medical student, currently in my 2nd year studying a science degree, and I'm looking to apply for GEM at notts, I have a few questions about GAMSAT and work experience and I would really appreciate if someone would be willing to inbox me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArabianPhoenix)
    I'm a prospective medical student, currently in my 2nd year studying a science degree, and I'm looking to apply for GEM at notts, I have a few questions about GAMSAT and work experience and I would really appreciate if someone would be willing to inbox me!
    Sure thing! Doing it now

ReputationRep:
    Still no news!?

ReputationRep:
    Nope! Not here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Rejection post interview by email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's sad

ReputationRep:
    Best check mine now. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that wl1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.