Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time Europe bans Islam & muslim immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassassin04)
    37,156 signatures in the last hour WOW THIS MUST BE A RECORD
    Unbelievable.

110,000 in total. So it will be debated but I can't see it going through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayčun)
    The basic principles of Islam are the same as in the Bible and Torah. So, it's the way people chose to interpret them.
    and yet its only Islam which is committing terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Damn it feels good to live in London. Haven't had to hear drivel like this since the late 90s. Please do me a favour and never come inside the M25! Cheers.
    London, where the ISIS and Palestinian flags have flown from? Sounds a great place to live.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Unbelievable.

110,000 in total. So it will be debated but I can't see it going through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    14,000 signed in 6 minutes since you posted!!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    14,000 signed in 6 minutes since you posted!!!

You know the issue? The sheet numbers tell us how strongly the country wants it - but a petition with 200,000 has no more weight than one with 101,000.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know the issue? The sheet numbers tell us how strongly the country wants it - but a petition with 200,000 has no more weight than one with 101,000.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At this rate this petition is going to get about 700,000

The problem is the stigma attached to protesting concern about immigration. The Left jump in with their racist card.

I think its safe to say we'll be leaving the EU!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    we can't afford to trust them completely .. what's needed is .. pragmatism .. not concession after concession to some unattainable ideal that gets more destructive the closer you come to attaining it
    Completely agree, unfortunately. I recommend that anyone who is offended by facts and trends observed in relation to Islam, and the issues that this doctrine and groups of its adherents throw up in the West, does not click the spoiler below. I do not want to upset anyone but I have a right/it is my social, patriotic, and Christian duty to make the points that follow - points which are on topic/highly relevant to the current crisis that we (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) are facing

I have really gone to town with the below, which may feel like an attack on all Muslims (I can assure you it is not, and to be clear: every Muslim is obviously not responsible for these attacks), but it is high time that those of us in the know speak out about the social catastrophe that is waiting just around the corner

(Original post by Ace123)
    is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & Muslim immigration to Europe
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Europe needs to get rid of the schengen agreement and have strict border controls across the continent
    (Original post by Josb)
    I think it's very possible to ban immigration from Muslim countries
    (Original post by _SnowyLinenLand)
    MIt's definitely time we review the numbers of Muslims we are letting into Europe
    (Original post by ishy00)
    I disagree with that
    (Original post by Ayčun)
    Border control most definitely should be tightenened
    (Original post by Observatory)
    I don't see any palatable alternative to unconditional acceptance of those who are already here
    (Original post by FatmanO)
    I definitely reject parts of the scripture
    (Original post by Ashtar)
    It's about time. No more
    To be honest, the time for a moratorium on Muslim migration was arguably 11/9/2001, if not then 7/7/2005, but (quite apart from the morality of it) it is of course simply not practicable to “ban Islam”. Apostasy is tantamount to a capital offence in Islam, believers are required to observe various rituals and traditions, and even if Muslims were prepared to declare that they had stopped believing/practising their religion, it would be next to impossible to verify this

75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran | Source
    36% of young British Muslims think apostates should be killed | Source

(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Incredible art of ignorance. U.K. Education has miserably failed
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That is a ridiculous view to have
    What has failed, with regard to ‘education’, is the liberal brainwashing intended to indoctrinate us all into disbelieving human nature e.g. that, as ivy.98 succinctly put it “people come .. with their own country [read: civilisational ethno-cultural identity/values/norms] which they have no intention of giving up on”

(Original post by Student403)
    x
    (Original post by viddy9)
    x
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    x
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    x
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    x
    (Original post by Quantex)
    x
    (Original post by ha27)
    x
    (Original post by khanpatel321)
    x
    (Original post by aamirac)
    x
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    x
    (Original post by Kyou)
    x
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    x
    (Original post by Ki2503)
    x
    (Original post by beggg)
    x
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    x
    (Original post by ActuallyIDo)
    x
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    x
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    x
    So your solution is what, business as usual?

(Original post by queen-bee)
    why're they being held accountable/punished for the actions of a few?
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    Ban Islam??? Muslim=/=terrorist
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Most European Muslims aren't terrorists
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    When you see just how many thousands find justification in the scriptures to massacre innocent strangers, there has to be some sort of sickness in Islam
    (Original post by ishy00)
    ISIS or IS or whatever people want to call them are not Muslim
    (Original post by Wikia)
    Do not blame a large fraction of our world, or you'll only develop more hatred
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    No Islam is fundamentally a peaceful religion, don’t let the few spoil it
    (Original post by infairverona)
    You can't just say 'the terrorists are not Muslim
    (Original post by whorace)
    the key is to provide incentive to ordinary Muslims to root out the radicals
    They adhere to the same archaic, dogmatic, divisive, discriminatory and violent religious doctrine (and related ethno-cultural codes), and atrocities are repeatedly perpetrated by their people, in their name as well as that of their relgion

45% of Muslims believe Western Civilisation is out to destroy Islam | Source

We are at war with Islamism, and there will soon be violent battles over the Islamification of the West, and believe me when I tell you queen-bee, out of love, that you do not want to find yourself on the wrong side when that war really hits the streets in Europe. I admire your zeal and determination to stand up for the (ethnic minority) underdog but it is now time to stop being an apologist for Islam - if not out of a desire to be intellectually honest, or out of patriotic/Christian duty, then out of necessity (re: personal safety/security going forward)

This may seem a tad OTT but you know better than anyone how prescient I am queen-bee - I’ve been warning of the deterioration in trust/relations that we are now seeing for a number of years now, and my conclusion remains the same: there will be "rivers of blood" and/or mass exodus, just as there was the last time there was a mass inter-civilisational melting pot experiment involving Muslims in Europe, in medieval Andalusia

innocent Muslims who have nothing to do with this
    1) Many Muslims are jolly decent folks but it is equally true to say that few are completely blameless, I’m afraid e.g. by virtue of the quasi-religious codes with which they have all too frequently been indoctrinated (see above), plus activity/complicity in issues such as those outlined in the spoiler below. Again, those who are sensitive to realtalk concerning the Muslim community ought perhaps not to click the spoiler

Spoiler:
    Show
    Militant Islamism, terrorism and domestic insurgency ~ now witnessed on the streets of Paris for the second time this year, only this time with far more random/devestating consequences – threat to life

42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
    35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
    33% claim that killing is justified if done to protect religion | Source
    24% of British Muslims (700,000+ people) agreed or tended to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified, a year after the event | Source
    20-25% of British Muslims laterly stated that they sympathise with the bombers
    | Source A | Source B
    7% of British Muslims (200,000+ people) support suicide bombing in Britain | Source

• Muslim paedophile / forced prostitution and rape / murder gangs targeting victims on the basis of the colour of their skin (white) in dozens of towns and cities up and down the country – racially aggravated predation

• Thousands of Muslims based initially in Britain have left to join ISIS et al., thousands more are admitted to de-radicalisation training each year, and Muslim inmates are 325% over-represented in the prison population, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg e.g. those who either come forward or are reported (the community does not report problems to the institutions of the kafir to the same extent as the rest of society), identified, apprehended, successfully convicted, and given a prison sentance – criminal behaviour

• Abuse, exploitation, and domination of females/homosexuals under particular blends of related retrograde patriarchal mal-culture. There have been an estimated 170,000 instances of FGM, and there are God knows how many forced marriages involving UK residents each year – oppressive and discriminatory subjugation/persecution

0% of British Muslims find homosexuality acceptable | Source
    60% of Muslims would reject homosexuals as friends | Source

• General lack of engagement with/intolerance and superior attitude towards/’special status’ entitlement complex regarding other value/belief systems and groups in society, and the related emergence of no-go areas for whites/non-Muslims, even the police e.g. a third of Tower Hamlets residents are Bangladeshi – parallel societies

78% of British Muslims support punishment for those who publish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed | Source
    75% of young Muslims want women to wear the veil (or at least hijab) | Source
    68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of British people who insult Islam | Source
    62% of British Muslims believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups | Source
    45% of Muslims think Jews can’t be trusted | Source
    28% of British Muslims hope the UK will become a religious fundamentalist Islamic state | Source
    3% found relations outside of marriage morally justifiable | Source

• Hundreds of Shariah courts are supplanting/usurping domestic legal structures/rights up and down the country. We have also witnessed a number of horrific 'honor' crimes and a spate of other, troubling, manifestations of intra-community vigilantism e.g. the (pre-ISIS) advent of 'Muslim Police'/Sharia patrols in urban centres like London, a corollary of the above parallel society thematic – parallel ‘justice’ systems

66% of Muslims believe that religious law is more important than the law of the land in which they live | Source
    40% of Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in the UK | Source

• Islamist perversion (Islamification) of our public services, including schools e.g. in Birmingham – parallel ‘education’ systems

• The welfare bill for Muslims may run into the tens of £billions, with 50% of Muslim men and 75% of Muslim women unemployed. Welfare payments are also being made in relation to an estimated 10,000 polygamous marriages at a time when monogamous families are facing significant child tax credit cuts and disability benefits are being slashed – endemic economic leeching

2) So far as the preservation of national unity, cohesion, security, and ethos (values and way of life) goes: whilst it is unjust and regrettable when Muslims are all tarred with the same brush, it's next to impossible to sort the gems from the many, many bad apples that the above-quoted stats indicate are living in our midst. Many in the West (including many Muslims) are increasingly (rightly or wrongly) of the view that the learned among us have held for a long time: human nature + history dictates that if it is peace and harmony you want then either the world converts to Islam or Muslims to stick to the Muslim world e.g. as per The Clash of Civilisations

(Original post by dozyrosie)
    Time to scrap the human rights charter, and set up concentration camps for suspected terrorists and their sympathisers
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Secret Intelligence services in Europe should identify all the radical muslims, shove them into planes, take them back to their goddamn countries and BOMB them
    (Original post by eatpigeons)
    Scrapping the human rights charter is a good idea?
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Can't disagree with that .. But .. innocent people can be tortured which I disagree with
    Careful what you wish for..

(Original post by Hibzish)
    the refugees who flee here have experienced this kind of terror on a daily basis
    They too are facing the same thing on a daily basis. They are trying to escape this misery. And you want to prevent them from doing so?
    So millions of people from a disparate land/alien culture half way around the world should be admitted, without equivocation, so that they needn't experience crime/violence/terror back home and, instead, can export it to the West?

(Original post by viddy9)
    They're .. going against the "British values" that they so often claim to be defending .. we should be unifying, not stirring up division
    British values entail respect and tolerance, but not without condition. We, the British people, and indeed citzens of Europe and the West more broadly, are fed up of being abused and will stand it no more. This is not incongruent with British values or British history or tradition. Our forefathers stood up and repelled the spread of (fascist) Nazism in the last century and so help me God we shall do the same in this regarding (equally fascist) Islamism

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Right-wingers are directly responsible for the deaths of 120 innocent people
    Those on the extreme right may be somewhat culpable for stoking the flames of division/tension but the Islamist perpetrators are the ones who are “directly responsible”, to suggest otherwise is at best extreme ignorance/moral negligence, if not treason

(Original post by The Epicurean)
    People are linking this with recent immigration .. but .. most of the attacks .. have been committed by individuals .. have spent a large part of their life here
    Do you suppose all recent Muslim migrants will return to Muslim lands before they “have spent a large part of their life here”? Do you suppose recent Muslim migrants are directly comparable to historic Muslim migrants to the UK e.g. predominantly from relatively settled parts of Asia (not the Middle East), making their way here pre-9/11 and the perceived ‘war on Islam’? Think man, think!

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    We didn't 'ban' Irish migration
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    replace extremist Muslims with socially outcast white beta men and replace attack on western cities with attacks on US schools and you realise it's a pretty silly argument
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Should the USA kick out all young white males on the basis of all these College attacks over the years?
    (Original post by HemmingsHood)
    That's like saying "Should all white Christians be banned from America because of the KKK"
    (Original post by Formless)
    After such a genocide uprised by Hitler a Christian, 6 Million died. 6 Million tops all of your attacks death toll. I believe its time to face reality and ban Christian immigration into Europe
    If you genuinely believe that the identity/values/tactics/end game of these groups/their membership, and the social/security threat that they pose(d) to mainland UK, are comparable then I'm afraid that you are tragically naive/misinformed

(Original post by Thorley Jynx)
    I think Europe should ban racists instead
    Islam is not a race chief

(Original post by AzimH)
    I agree. It's like the old saying, you'll be damned if you do, you'll be damned if you don't
    Having sympathy for fellow human beings is one thing. Staying silent when to do so is effectively to commit treason/self-destruct is another. To be clear, I feel very sorry/worry for (innocent) Muslims stuck in this situation - a situation that our myopic/idealogue/crony capitalist 'leaders' have engineered through their folly

(Original post by remmby)
    x
    I suggest you remove/edit your post and examine exactly what it is that you appear to be proposing - sounds like incitement of religious hate crime/terrorism, which are extremely serious offences

(Original post by unknown786786)
    9/11 was an inside job search it plz and stop believing all the nonsense propaganda of the media

(Original post by stella8991)
    from their actions you can tell they have never even opened a religious book!
    (Original post by JudahS)
    They WANT war with a civilisation that doesn't agree with theirs. This is not holy
    it is a religious duty not to force your faith on other people, not to kill the innocent and not to attack unprovoked
    I take it you haven’t actually read the Koran, or studied the history of the conduct of prior ‘Islamic States’ (caliphates) in Europe

(Original post by Nightwing_)
    these attacks are not carried out by anyone other that extremists that are not following any religion but a religion of terror
    It's a religion of submission (literal meaning of Islam), that proclaims that ‘paradise lies in the shadow of the sword’ and that Jihad ([armed] struggle) is a religious duty. If you genuinely believe that this is practically very different from an ostensive ‘religion of terror’, in the context of the record of militant Islamism over the past several decades, then frankly I despair for you

(Original post by maryamzahid)
    no, islam is a religion that condemns terrorism
    I don’t remember reading that in the Koran

(Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    I have literally no connection with the land .. which my grandparents are from
    Yes you do

(Original post by imaanr)
    I suggest you sit your white butts down and keep quiet
    We have a lot to thank Muslims for, for sure, but I suggest you leave racist remarks, fascistic zeal to curtail others freedom of speech, and that attitude, at the door

(Original post by newpersonage)
    Don't you worry that the pro-migration lobby are just being set up?
    Sure, all these terror attacks are just false-flag terrorism orchestrated by Mossad, at the behest of Nigel Farage. Grow up mate

(Original post by defenestrated)
    The Paris attack was revenge for Syria bombings, after all
    So what you're saying is.. give in to terrorism (the political demands of terror groups) if you don't want to suffer terror attacks. Great call

(Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Damn it feels good to live in London
    Enjoy the peace there while it lasts. Thankfully I’ve already got the hell out of dodge (grew up/spent most of my life in London). The presumption that being surrounded by cultural aliens necessarily renders one tolerant without condition, or that not being surrounded by them makes one narrow minded/bigoted by default, is a little .. y’know, narrow minded/bigoted

Good shout. Would have signed prior to these attacks anyway. It's time Western leaders stepped up to the plate regarding 'serve and protect' (apart from serving/protecting their own interests, that is). Encouraging to see Nordic/Polish countries leading the way in this respect

ReputationRep:
    The word racism has lost its meaning. Caring about your country before all other countries isn't racist its just selfish.

I'm pretty selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Completely agree, unfortunately. I recommend that anyone who is offended by facts and trends observed in relation to Islam, and the issues that this doctrine and groups of its adherents throw up in the West, does not click the spoiler below. I do not want to upset anyone but I have a right/it is my social, patriotic, and Christian duty to make the points that follow - points which are on topic/highly relevant to the current crisis that we (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) are facing

I have really gone to town with the below, which may feel like an attack on all Muslims (I can assure you that it is not, and to be clear: Muslims are obviously not collectively responsible for these attacks), but it is high time that those of us in the know speak out about the social catastrophe that is waiting just around the corner
    Spoiler:
    Show

2) So far as the preservation of national unity, cohesion, security, and ethos (values and way of life) goes: whilst it is unjust and regrettable when Muslims are all tarred with the same brush, it's next to impossible to sort the gems from the many, many bad apples that the above-quoted stats indicate are living in our midst

Many in the West (including many Muslims) are increasingly (rightly or wrongly) of the view that the learned among us have held for a long time: the simplest solution is for Muslims to stick to the Muslim world a la the lessons that we’ve known about since the 1990s regarding civilisational identity vs. mixing e.g. The Clash of Civilisations

Careful what you wish for..

So millions of people from a disparate land/alien culture half way around the world should be admitted, without equivocation, so that they needn't experience crime/violence/terror back home and, instead, can export it to the West?

British values entail respect and tolerance, but not without condition. We, the British people, and indeed citzens of Europe and the West more broadly, are fed up of being abused and will stand it no more. This is not incongruent with British values or British history or tradition. Our forefathers stood up and repelled the spread of (fascist) Nazism in the last century and so help me God we shall do the same in this regarding (equally fascist) Islamism

Those on the extreme right may be somewhat culpable for stoking the flames of division/tension but the Islamist perpetrators are the ones who are “directly responsible”, to suggest otherwise is at best extreme ignorance/moral negligence, if not treason

Do you suppose all recent Muslim migrants will return to Muslim lands before they “have spent a large part of their life here”? Do you suppose recent Muslim migrants are directly comparable to historic Muslim migrants to the UK e.g. predominantly from relatively peaceful regions of Pakistan, making their way here pre-9/11 and the perceived ‘war on Islam’ perpetrated by the West? Think man, think!

If you genuinely believe that the identity/values/tactics/end game of these groups/their membership, and the social/security threat that they pose(d) to mainland UK, are comparable then I'm afraid that you are tragically naive/misinformed

Islam is not a race chief

Having sympathy for fellow human beings is one thing. Staying silent when to do so is effectively to commit treason/self-destruct is another. To be clear, I feel very sorry/worry for Muslims stuck in this situation that our myopic/idealogue/crony capitalist 'leaders' have engineered

I suggest you remove/edit your post and examine exactly what it is that you appear to be proposing - sounds like incitement of religious hate crime/terrorism, which are extremely serious offences

I take it you haven’t actually read the Koran, or studied the history of the conduct of prior ‘Islamic States’ (caliphates) in Europe

It's a religion of submission (literal meaning of Islam), that proclaims that ‘paradise lies in the shadow of the sword’ and that Jihad ([armed] struggle) is a religious duty. If you genuinely believe that this is practically very different from an ostensive ‘religion of terror’, in the context of the record of militant Islamism over the past several decades, then frankly I despair for you

I don’t remember reading that in the Koran

Yes you do

We have a lot to thank Muslims for, for sure, but I suggest you leave racist remarks, fascistic zeal to curtail others freedom of speech, and that attitude, at the door

Sure, all these terror attacks are just false-flag terrorism orchestrated by Mossad, at the behest of Nigel Farage. Grow up mate

So what you're saying is.. give in to terrorism (the political demands of terror groups) if you don't want to suffer terror attacks. Great call

Enjoy the peace there while it lasts. Thankfully I’ve already got the hell out of dodge (grew up/spent most of my life in London). The presumption that being surrounded by cultural aliens necessarily renders one tolerant without condition, or that not being surrounded by them makes one narrow minded/bigoted by default, is a little .. y’know, narrow minded/bigoted

Good shout. Would have signed prior to these attacks anyway. It's time Western leaders stepped up to the plate regarding 'serve and protect' (apart from serving/protecting their own interests, that is). Encouraging to see Nordic/Polish countries leading the way in this respect
    A* for effort lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remmby)
    Looking ahead we must get back at muslims by attacking mosques and so on.
    Yes, because that will help the situation...

ReputationRep:
    A* for effort lol
    Honestly, I was one who believed the vast vast majority of Muslims are opposite to those who committed terrorist acts. As in their beliefs and values on Islam, suicide bombing, tolerance was literally black and white.

The Pew forum, amongst others, changed that. Literally tens, if not hundreds, of millions of muslims globally live in the grey area.

This is just with beliefs and opinions, not actions.

If you could show me why these statistics are wrong or faulty, or overreach, I would happily say I'm wrong and go back to my initial views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I was one who believed the vast vast majority of Muslims are opposite to those who committed terrorist acts. As in their beliefs and values on Islam, suicide bombing, tolerance was literally black and white.

The Pew forum, amongst others, changed that. Literally tens, if not hundreds, of millions of muslims globally live in the grey area.

This is just with beliefs and opinions, not actions.

If you could show me why these statistics are wrong or faulty, or overreach, I would happily say I'm wrong and go back to my initial views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never said they're wrong. I was just impressed by the time OP took to compile all that and respond to it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stewiee)
    how did we so quickly decipher it was an attack by 'muslims'? ive checked the news on several sites and not a single assertion of the sort. only reference is comparing it to charlie hepdo attacks but that shouldnt be the case we assume its an attack of the sort
    It was IS! And they confirmed that!

ReputationRep:
    its been confirmed that one of the refugees were responsible for a bomb outside of state de france... now what?

ReputationRep:
    I never said they're wrong. I was just impressed by the time OP took to compile all that and respond to it :P
    My bad with the poor sarcasm detector.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.
    No. Surely that would make matters worse . . . for starters, not all Muslims are bad people.

ReputationRep:
    My bad with the poor sarcasm detector.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh you thought I was being sarcastic! Sorry lol - in retrospect it may have seemed that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    and yet its only Islam which is committing terrorism?
    Your statement is wrong. First, Islam as a religion doesnt commit terrorism, but rather forbids and condmens it. Second, there are muslim terrorists but they are less than 2%, the rest we don't hear about as they dont get as much media coverage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayčun)
    Your statement is wrong. First, Islam as a religion doesnt commit terrorism, but rather forbids and condmens it. Second, there are muslim terrorists but they are less than 2%, the rest we don't hear about as they dont get as much media coverage.
    There is no inherent problem with Islam?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.