The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SW19!
No not yet although I know a couple of people who got theirs yesterday. I'm also with the CS and am looking out for the email every 2 or 3 minutes (seriously, lol!)

Well congrats for getting the job! I'm sure it will come soon but I know that feeling, I wonder how long we will be waiting for our formal offers...

I received an offer today for another HO position within HMRC so I'm not really sure what to do!
Reply 221
Do you know where the people who have had theirs have applied for?? I'm looking at least every minute! It's a nightmare!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 222
Original post by NatalieAnnex
Well congrats for getting the job! I'm sure it will come soon but I know that feeling, I wonder how long we will be waiting for our formal offers...

I received an offer today for another HO position within HMRC so I'm not really sure what to do!

Thanks! And well done to you too on both offers - that's what you call being in high demand!

I think the pre employment checks passed email pretty much is your formal offer. All you require now is your start date!
Reply 223
I'm now waiting on pre employment checks for HO in Liverpool. I will need to give a month's notice, so I'm assuming we may not start til August/September time by the time checks are done, offer made, notice given etc...
Reply 224
i am waiting for pre-employment checks to pass for a HO role in Nottingham. Got my provisional offer about a week and a half ago. They said it can take up to 20 working days.
Reply 225
I'm waiting for the same for Salford.
Reply 226
I've been offered a post in Leeds and received an email today stating I had passed all pre-employment checks but a start date will be delayed due to flood damage at the Shipley office. Does anyone working in the area know how long the delay is likely to be? Desperate to get started and out of my current job which i hate!
Reply 227
Has anyone had pre employment checks passed in the Salford/Manchester area?
Original post by sy1985
I've been offered a post in Leeds and received an email today stating I had passed all pre-employment checks but a start date will be delayed due to flood damage at the Shipley office. Does anyone working in the area know how long the delay is likely to be? Desperate to get started and out of my current job which i hate!

Hi, I was also offered Leeds and I'm waiting on pre employment checks to be completed. The original provisional offer mentioned that they may not be in a position to offer a starr date until towards the end of the year due to the Shipley flooding but it did say they would have more information once we are given a formal offer.
Hello

I was offered a position in Belfast on the 06/05/2016 and currently waiting on employment checks. Has anybody had any updates regarding to these?
Reply 230
My offer wasn't until 13 May, currently waiting on pre employment checks. Liverpool post...
Original post by Ollie1816
Hello

I was offered a position in Belfast on the 06/05/2016 and currently waiting on employment checks. Has anybody had any updates regarding to these?

I also got offered a post on the 6th in Belfast. Still sitting at provisional offer. I think we will be waiting another few weeks.
Well hopefully if there running on time it should be within the next two weeks.. Fingers crossed
Reply 233
I hope so! I'm going to start wearing out my email icon soon!!!
Reply 234
For the HO role will we automatically start on the £29068 pay band, or will they offer different people different pay bands depending on experience?
You'll start on £29,068 unless you're an existing civil servant who's already on more than the minimum.

Or unless you're on London weighting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hayho
For the HO role will we automatically start on the £29068 pay band, or will they offer different people different pay bands depending on experience?

Original post by Doll Parts
You'll start on £29,068 unless you're an existing civil servant who's already on more than the minimum.

Or unless you're on London weighting.

Doll Parts is correct. Anyone joining will go to either the national minimum or the London minimum.
How difficult is it to move up the first pay band? And so forth?
Most depts don't have pay progression anymore, so you don't move up the pay bands unless it's part of the pay deal (unlikely). You usually get a maximum of 1% cost of living increase, rather than moving up the spine points. Although depending on how the pay deal is negotiated, your grade could get less than 1%, whilst another grade gets more than 1%; the total distribution cannot be more than 1% of the total paybill.

I don't know why they bother quoting a pay range anymore.
Original post by Hayho
I'm currently in the police, although we had a pay band freeze for a couple of years it was re-started and so you do progress up the payscale. It doesn't seem fair that one public body has no pay band progression and yet another does.

Tell me about it :angry: It doesn't seem fair that the public sector is being continually eroded!

Latest

Trending

Trending