The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katherine9609
Usually yeah

What synoptic links would you include for ethnicity?
Reply 221
Original post by Pandorax
Does anyone have an exam structure for the 15 marker and 25 marker on research methods?

15 marker-
Define the concept in the intro.
Practical strengths
Ethical strengths
Theoretical strengths

25 marker is the same, but not just strengths. More like 6 paragraphs with strengths and weakness including context of the source. Also include lots of key words throughout both.

Hope this helps in some way X
Original post by mp2305
15 marker-
Define the concept in the intro.
Practical strengths
Ethical strengths
Theoretical strengths

25 marker is the same, but not just strengths. More like 6 paragraphs with strengths and weakness including context of the source. Also include lots of key words throughout both.

Hope this helps in some way X

Do you have any predictions for the 15and 25 markers?:smile: also, thank you for the plans!! x
Does anyone have an exam structure for the 15 marker and 25 marker on research methods?

15-
What method was used
Data it produced
Validity/reliability
Theory
Aim of the research
Why was that method used to achieve the aim
Operationalise (only if the data was quantitative)
What sample
Why was that sample used
Is it representative/can you generalise

25-
Define the method
Data it produced
Theory it links with
Advantages of such data
Advantages of the method (validity/reliability)
Disadvantages of the method
Alternative methods (optional to talk about)
What sample was used
Advantages of the sample
Disadvantages of the sample
Is it representative/ can you generalise
Alternative sample (optional to talk about)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 224
Original post by shaunarose98
Do you have any predictions for the 15and 25 markers?:smile: also, thank you for the plans!! x

I have no clue, but some people have said content analysis and longitudinal studies.

Another person posted another plan for this question which is quite extensive so I'd look at that too. But my college generally adopts this plan and it can give you full marks. X
Original post by IIAzimII
AQA- Im going to have to do 2 25 markers, one for bio in the morning and one for sociology in the afternoon. The difference is in sociology I can just waffle on and on but in Bio its all factual. Tomorrows bio is one exam that i'm really unprepared for.

Omg, i'm in the same exact boat. I thought i was the only one cursed enough to have two, two hour exams on the same day. I have never been so unprepared for an exam than for bio tomorrow.
Does anyone know what ideological perspective Pollert comes under in her critique of the idea of patriarchy, if any? Thanks.
Original post by CookieMonster786
Oh yeah I heard u have to do essays for aqa...I feel sorry for u....I could not do them. I hope OCR this year is easy cause last year it was 57/100 for an A cause the paper was so hard and so many people got Us

Posted from TSR Mobile

I checked the boundary and it is around 72 or something for an A
Reply 228
Original post by Gal cool

How do you check them?
Original post by Gal cool

No I was talking about biology...bit sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we use the same theorists for the 15 marker and the 25 marker?
Original post by Ondway
How do you check them?

Its on the ocr website or type it on google
Reply 232
Does anyone have a good revision site or something for the first two questions?(Section A)? I can't seem to find good detailed information about research methods and their advantages/disadvantages..
Original post by needanewusername
Does anyone know if it's possible for Thursday's exam that they could ask a 20 mark question on one factor (e.g. class) followed by a 40 mark question for a different factor (e.g. age)? I know you get an option between two questions but I'm talking about the same question (hope that makes sense).

Also, I've just come across a question "Outlineand assess functionalist explanations of social inequality." - Since the 20 mark question was just on class, would this 40 mark question just be on class? It sounds rather vague.

Thanks.

Hey, the way I'd see that question would be to talk about social inequality as a whole: so class, ethnicity age etc!
Good luck
Does anyone have a model answer for content analysis or longitudinal studies pleassssse?!?!?!?
Original post by owlmadd
Does anyone have a model answer for content analysis or longitudinal studies pleassssse?!?!?!?

Me too!!!!
Original post by needanewusername
Does anyone know what ideological perspective Pollert comes under in her critique of the idea of patriarchy, if any? Thanks.

Hi, what theory is this? Please could you quickly tell? x
Original post by shaunarose98
Predictions for research and 20 and 40 markers?:smile:x

Yes please !!
Hi, what theory is this? Please could you quickly tell? x

Pollert argues that patriarchy doesn't actually explain gender inequalities according to some internal mechanism but simply describes them, conflating description with explanation. She still accepts there are examples of sexism, but that patriarchy is not a 'system' like capitalism which works according to some interdependent mechanisms or principles. Hope that makes sense:smile:
Original post by rkuni16
My teachers have also predicted exactly the same!

What are these predictions??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending