The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any idea what the answer for the last computer doctor question was? I guessed that it wasn't wanted but necessary or something like that, but couldn't make out the final point :s-smilie:
Original post by greentron6
Yes! I'll leave it for a second and then the MP3 player says 'Bye Bye' and switches off. I then have to fast forward to where I left off....

Oh no! We used CD players that must be at least 20yrs old. I was going to do the listening first but it was still saying 'loading CD' so I moved onto the reading. when I came back to it it still hadn't loaded it so the exams invidulator had to go get another one. sooo stressful! did you manage to finish the paper?
Original post by Anna1909
it was much harder than last year though?! I thought so anyway!

Yeah surely that would mean that the grade boundaries will be lower???
Reply 223
We do the listening on the school computers and did the same today . But the file wouldn't open at the start which was a pain.
Original post by maestrocam
Haha. I'm not sure 😝

That wasn't the question I was thinking of, but you've put my mind to rest about that question anyway, thank you! :P

Ah my bad I'm a bit confused 😂😂 glad we got the same answers though :tongue:
Original post by ~Cerridwen~
Oh no! We used CD players that must be at least 20yrs old. I was going to do the listening first but it was still saying 'loading CD' so I moved onto the reading. when I came back to it it still hadn't loaded it so the exams invidulator had to go get another one. sooo stressful! did you manage to finish the paper?

Yikes!

Yeah, I had time to check over my work. However, i would have finished the listening quicker if it wasnt for that stupid MP3 player!

Did you finish the paper? And did you listen to the tracked or untracked?
Original post by snowwhite659
Yeah surely that would mean that the grade boundaries will be lower???

Yeah I reckon!
Original post by celiajacobs
Ah I'm so annoyed that I put würde instead of wäre for the last gap fill, I was rushed for time and couldn't remember the conditional for would be😩😭

i think i put war. was a pretty hard paper so hopefully the grade boundaries are low
Original post by ~Cerridwen~
Heya, for the computer guy question, it was answer in German right?? Omg I'm so worried now :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was don't worry
:smile:
Yikes!

Yeah, I had time to check over my work. However, i would have finished the listening quicker if it wasnt for that stupid MP3 player!

Did you finish the paper? And did you listen to the tracked or untracked?

haha, it was the tracked one thankgod! yeah I did finish but had no time to look over my answers and make sure i'd actually written them in the right language, I usually get that wrong! The essay questions weren't bad tho- holidays-no brainer! hopefully everyones done better than they think they have because it was quite a difficult paper
Reply 230
So I found the paper not too bad, maybe a bit harder than last years. I think the listening was fine, some of the reading a bit harder (except that lovely Werbung question :biggrin:). I found the gap fill very hard, especially as I forgot the meaning of 'fuehren'. Looking on here I know I made a few mistakes on the cloze test.
I did the Urlaub essay, and it was quite hard to interpret 'zu Hause' as in the question it was 'das eigene Land kennen lernen', so I based it mostly on going on holiday in your own country, but some of my paragraphs weren't specifically saying that (stuff like saving money).
Hopefully I did enough to get an A or a B
Original post by aschum11
Oh, for lesen? I think it was liest, at least that is what i got :3
I thought it was good as I am better with verb endings than adjectives, and the 'bequemes' hotel is always a gift!

I put liest
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this paper?
Original post by nox1
So I found the paper not too bad, maybe a bit harder than last years. I think the listening was fine, some of the reading a bit harder (except that lovely Werbung question :biggrin:). I found the gap fill very hard, especially as I forgot the meaning of 'fuehren'. Looking on here I know I made a few mistakes on the cloze test.
I did the Urlaub essay, and it was quite hard to interpret 'zu Hause' as in the question it was 'das eigene Land kennen lernen', so I based it mostly on going on holiday in your own country, but some of my paragraphs weren't specifically saying that (stuff like saving money).
Hopefully I did enough to get an A or a B

I forgot, what was the Werbung one about?

There were like 5 statements and you had to match the numbers to the letter of the theme they were talking about
Original post by aleishans
There were like 5 statements and you had to match the numbers to the letter of the theme they were talking about

Oh yeah. That was a nice one.
Reply 236

So you had the quotes/statements about different adverts then on the other page stuff like "Neue Ideen" and "Gute Jingles" and you had to match them up
Reply 237
Original post by satansruler
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this paper?

I think if we want one we're gonna have to make one
Original post by nox1
So you had the quotes/statements about different adverts then on the other page stuff like "Neue Ideen" and "Gute Jingles" and you had to match them up

Yes i remember it now.
Original post by Naranja
I hope it isn't as bad as it seems, I imagine I'll still want to retake to get an A though. Guess we'll all torture ourselves by looking at an unofficial paper soon haha! I'm not sure about the holidays question, I did the TV one. Does anyone know whether the AS paper is 'easy' after you've done the A2 course? I've heard some people say that you improve so much that it's significantly easier.

Hey, I'm also doing A2 this year and retook today and found it much easier than last year! There were a few that were difficult like some of the reading questions but overall it was much better! I think it's because at A2, you have to write essays in so much more detail using more structures and stuff. Also, you can sort of include some A2 vocab into AS essays. For example: I chose the holiday essay and I mentioned how it's important to go abroad to learn about other cultures to get a better understanding of the people and how they live. I then said how with the current immigrant crisis, if we understand them better, we would become more accepting of them. Also about how flying and other means of transport is damaging to the environment. So I included 2 big A2 topics (environment and immigration) into the essays. Also, the listening and reading is much harder in A2, so AS seems much easier!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending