Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    My points are simply that:

(a) many more whites are murdered by blacks each year that blacks are murdered by whites.

(b) a black man in America is far more likely to be killed by another black man than a white man.

These are absolute facts that can easily be verified if you feel so inclined.

So why don't you clean up your own mess before you point fingers at ole whitey?
    Both are totally irrelevant to what BLM stands for. And you're irrelevant too, with that disgusting confederate flag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Both are totally irrelevant to what BLM stands for. And you're irrelevant too, with that disgusting confederate flag
    I wasn't talking at you. I'll let you know when it's your turn to speak.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking at you. I'll let you know when it's your turn to speak.
    idgaf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    idgaf
    I'm sure you do. There's plenty of mud sharks to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you do. There's plenty of mud sharks to choose from.
    I dont talk to white supremacists, such an old fashioned and backward ideology

ReputationRep:
    Why do Black lives matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul575858)
    Over 25 million Russians died in the second and first world war. Died at the hands of whites. More than all the wars in Africa. More than all the murders in the USA.

Just let that sink in
    Ok great, is America and UK currently at war? If not then your point is meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliSodomy)
    They don't. Not to me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with Black lives matter movement is it has done it very unprofessionally and it does not stand for equal rights, it stands for extra rights for blacks.

I mean they go into libraries and shout BLACK LIVES MATTER for half a hour and disrupt everything some members talk about how police and whites should be killed.

Also many think that whites owe them something for slavery, why should I a person who has never been involved in slavery give you who has never had to endue slavery anything, yeah slavery is bad but it is over now *mostly* so we owe you nothing, we should be equal and nothing more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    The thing with Black lives matter movement is it has done it very unprofessionally and it does not stand for equal rights, it stands for extra rights for blacks.

I mean they go into libraries and shout BLACK LIVES MATTER for half a hour and disrupt everything some members talk about how police and whites should be killed.

Also many think that whites owe them something for slavery, why should I a person who has never been involved in slavery give you who has never had to endue slavery anything, yeah slavery is bad but it is over now *mostly* so we owe you nothing, we should be equal and nothing more
    They need to understand that they are not slaves and we whites are not plantation owners and get the F over it.

ReputationRep:
    They need to understand that they are not slaves and we whites are not plantation owners and get the F over it.
    Yep
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why don't Black lives matter? Are black people so worthless that killing them does not cause anything significant reaction? Are they so non-existent that they need a campaign (whether properly planned or not) to speak against brutality?

The shocking truth about this issue is the blatant double standard we have in the world. The main request that these campaigners need is fair justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Why don't Black lives matter? Are black people so worthless that killing them does not cause anything significant reaction? Are they so non-existent that they need a campaign (whether properly planned or not) to speak against brutality?

The shocking truth about this issue is the blatant double standard we have in the world. The main request that these campaigners need is fair justice.
    Why do they matter?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do they matter?
    They matter because they are human beings, just like everybody else. They have contributed to our society and have helped civilizations to progress. There are black people, who have significantly added to this world, whether it is in Science, Engineering, Maths, Medicine, Economics etc.

We all matter in this world and need to be treated with dignity and respect.

ReputationRep:
    My points are simply that:

(a) many more whites are murdered by blacks each year that blacks are murdered by whites.
    Let's just say you are correct. Let's run with your argument that more white people are killed by the police in the USA, this would make sense as there are more white people in the USA. The USA is 70% white, 11% black (Approx)

My point is the number of unarmed white people who killed by the police.

Black Lives Matter focuses on unarmed black people.

You see - This kind of thing doesn’t happen to unarmed white kids too. You know why ? Because white people have power by virtue of being white. When a white kid dies under suspicious circumstances, people pay attention. Police don’t prey on white people.

Because they can’t. And even if you find a couple of analogous situations YOU STILL WON’T GET ANYWHERE CLOSE to what the black community experiences.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Ignore that idiot, he's a white supremacist who has already said that 'black lives dont matter'. It wont be long before fate deals with him and he becomes irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say you are correct. Let's run with your argument that more white people are killed by the police in the USA, this would make sense as there are more white people in the USA. The USA is 70% white, 11% black (Approx)

My point is the number of unarmed white people who killed by the police.

Black Lives Matter focuses on unarmed black people.

You see - This kind of thing doesn’t happen to unarmed white kids too. You know why ? Because white people have power by virtue of being white. When a white kid dies under suspicious circumstances, people pay attention. Police don’t prey on white people.

Because they can’t. And even if you find a couple of analogous situations YOU STILL WON’T GET ANYWHERE CLOSE to what the black community experiences.
    Thats not true. White Americans are below 60% of the population when you exclude Hispanics, Arabs and Jews who are lumped in together with the White population. The black population is 12.6%+. A far cry to what America used to be in the 1950s. The country is turning into a gutter.

ReputationRep:
    They matter because they are human beings, just like everybody else. They have contributed to our society and have helped civilizations to progress. There are black people, who have significantly added to this world, whether it is in Science, Engineering, Maths, Medicine, Economics etc.
    If we are going to argue that black lives matter because they have helped civilisations to progress and contributed to our society then shouldn't white lives matter more when you consider the facts?

Name:  Human.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  44.6 KB

We all matter in this world and need to be treated with dignity and respect.
    OK. Let's start with this assumption. Why should whites support "black lives matter" when blacks don't treat whites with the dignity and respect that whites treat blacks with?

ReputationRep:

Justified deaths of blacks disproportionately higher than their demographic representation.
    The total amount pales in comparison to the amount of black men killed by other black men, so if black lives matter so much...try going after the real culprit.

The more racist crap from BLM we see, the less black lives are mattering overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)

Well that's crap, though most of the commentators don't know many or have even spoken to black person in real life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.