leaked footage of green party economic think tank
    What is this???!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    There now follows an election broadcast by the Green Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FwnYM6zOc4

Not sure about the young actor playing Jeremy Corbyn though.
    It was a great broadcast.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone else concerned North Korea had just tested another missle that is capable of hitting the US West coast ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Kinda old news, but is it the Greens trying to show that while they think the other parties are childish, they are still the most childish?

(Original post by hazzer1998)
    Anyone else concerned North Korea had just tested another missle that is capable of hitting the US West coast ?
    Not really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Nope. They would never actually use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Not hard to find.

I'm really confused as to how the voting worked though because there isn't a poll
    Me too, I think they must have PMed their votes or something and then the result must have been announced in an update. I kind of wish we still had an active member who was around at that time.

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    This is really interesting - the MHoC has definitely progressed since then.
    Interesting how people were still saying 'Nay' instead of 'No', and that there seems to have been a debate about it but it stuck anyway. I had wondered why we do that.

The bit with the kids was a good idea but God the woman at the end was annoying. That made me want to vote Green less, not more.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Remember that this is 110 years ago in RL, as TSR MHofC time is 10 times RL time. It is before Twitter and Instagram, and in RL at the time there is someone called Anthony Blair as the RL Prime Minister.

Interesting how flat tax, an idea that was gaining some ground for a time in parts of Europe, was discussed. I think that for a while UKIP favoured it too.
    A sorta flat tax exists in some places in Europe actually.

I've been studying tax in different European countries recently and Denmark has a 'gross tax' which is a flat tax which applies before the progressive tax is applied.
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Presumably the forum was using a different software at the time
    indeed. I've seen early pictures of the forum and it looked much like zetaboards
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Me too, I think they must have PMed their votes or something and then the result must have been announced in an update. I kind of wish we still had an active member who was around at that time.

Interesting how people were still saying 'Nay' instead of 'No', and that there seems to have been a debate about it but it stuck anyway. I had wondered why we do that.

The bit with the kids was a good idea but God the woman at the end was annoying. That made me want to vote Green less, not more.
    If you read the debates early on the house was much nicer back then. They also didn't debate in the first reading.

ReputationRep:
    Regressive leftists, check this out:

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Regressive leftists, check this out:

How have the CT not taken this down yet, how dare you share such ideas, Islam is peaceful #youaintnomuslimbruv

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who watches BGT?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How have the CT not taken this down yet, how dare you share such ideas, Islam is peaceful #youaintnomuslimbruv

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't say that! I mainly watch because the judging panel are so entertaining!

ReputationRep:
    I hope the tv in the new bar will show repeats of some Scandi drama or even another episode of the Big Bang Theory than give any airtime to any of the spawn of Satan Simon Cowell's shows.

Or even turn the tv off.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't say that! I mainly watch because the judging panel are so entertaining!
    I used to watch it and thought the judging panel with Michael McIntyre was the best. When Simon 'I love myself' Cowell returned, I stopped watching it.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the tv in the new bar will show repeats of some Scandi drama or even another episode of the Big Bang Theory than give any airtime to any of the spawn of Satan Simon Cowell's shows.

Or even turn the tv off.
    But Amanda and Alesha are bae... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I used to watch it and thought the judging panel with Michael McIntyre was the best. When Simon 'I love myself' Cowell returned, I stopped watching it.
    Simon's become a big softie since the birth of his child TBH. But Amanda and Alesha are my favourites in the current panel.

ReputationRep:
    How does the bar have 12 pages already?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.