Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    The same argument was dished out 16 years ago with regard to UK not being part of the Euro.

Last I checked the very German and Japanese car factory that everyone claimed would pack up and leave because UK wasn't in the Eurozone are still open and running.

From the horse's mouth. Toyota says it will reduce investment in the UK if there is a Briext.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ositive-impacy

ReputationRep:
    The UK would certainly be better off without eurocrats and I believe there'd be no major economic damages.

ReputationRep:
    A huge sinkhole would spontaneously open up running from east London to Liverpool, tens of millions of lives would be lost immediately

The remaining population on either side would immediately become embroiled in a violent and prolonged civil war .. both sides harnessing the power of projectile weaponry to try and fling large pieces of rock and debris across the 73 mile chasm at the opposing side

The rest of the world would look on in schaudenfraude and Juncker and his friends would use some of the billions of £'s we once gave them to create the worlds largest floating stadium arena. A 2 mile wide buoyancy stand which seats up to 180,000 persons. One would be placed on either side of the divide in the Sea for EU members to access and watch the civil war unfold and learn the harsh lessons of leaving the dictatorship / Sorry EU
    +o

+

Wouldnt workers rights be f*****ed up? I read that our government would eradicate equal rights among other stuff that would make peoples jobs even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I don't need any lessons on economics from you. In terms of knowledge of economics I'll eat your breakfast every day.

I don't GAS about how much goods and services India produces or care a toss about PPP. Get it through your thick skull that GDP is the conventional way in which we measure the size of an economy. It's that simple (a bit like you - do you have Down syndrome btw?)
    You're not even from the UK and judging by your join date you're over 25. What are you doing on a site for students, discussing a democratic choice for a country you're not even in? You sad old pathetic loser. Get a life, get on a website for people your age and worry about the politics In your country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Wouldnt workers rights be f*****ed up? I read that our government would eradicate equal rights among other stuff that would make peoples jobs even worse.
    All the rights your on about are in British law so no they aren't going anywhere unless the government of the day that we solely elect wishes to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    The point of leaving is that you have the power to vote out the politicians who make your laws. I highly doubt that the Tories would eradicate equal rights (e.g. pay) since they've been in UK law since before we joined the EU, but if they did they would be voted out at the next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    You're not even from the UK and judging by your join date you're over 25. What are you doing on a site for students, discussing a democratic choice for a country you're not even in? You sad old pathetic loser. Get a life, get on a website for people your age and worry about the politics In your country.
    Lol @ 25 being old

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    I find it puzzling that eurosceptics don't argue that it will be incredible. Surely, if the EU is destroying the UK, getting out of it won't mean that "nothing happens" but rather that all sorts of wonderful things will happen.
    All sorts of wonderful things will happen, but they will take time to manifest themselves.

- No more sending £9bn net each year to the EU.
    - Politicians who make your laws accountable at the ballot box
    - Regulations that work for British businesses
    - The opportunity to vastly increase our trade with emerging markets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Lol @ 25 being old

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For a guy on a website for students it's considerably old, most people on this site are 14-22. He should be in a job occupied with things you do when you're an adult, not on a website being a rude sucker arguing over nothing

ReputationRep:
    Dont ask here lol...just go on google mate

ReputationRep:
    For a guy on a website for students it's considerably old, most people on this site are 14-22. He should be in a job occupied with things you do when you're an adult, not on a website being a rude sucker arguing over nothing
    You know people don't stop using the forum when they finish uni and a large section of the student population is mature student who start aged 22 plus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    You know people don't stop using the forum when they finish uni and a large section of the student population is mature student who start aged 22 plus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Judging by his comments he clearly isn't mature. If you come on this site and you're older than most people you should contribute or ask for support not get into petty arguments with younger people, acting more childish than the 11 year olds on here. I don't have a clue as to why you're sticking up for him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried about tuition fees (as a future student in the UK from the EU). Does anybody know whether EU students would then be classed as overseas too?

ReputationRep:
    Judging by his comments he clearly isn't mature. If you come on this site and you're older than most people you should contribute or ask for support not get into petty arguments with younger people, acting more childish than the 11 year olds on here. I don't have a clue as to why you're sticking up for him.
    Well for a start I'm older than him.

Secondly the definition of a mature student isn't set by me but the uni's themselves.

Lastly age has sod all to do with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    I'm a bit worried about tuition fees (as a future student in the UK from the EU). Does anybody know whether EU students would then be classed as overseas too?
    Definitely unless there is a bi lateral agreement between your country and the U.K. You will be treated as a foreign student for finance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazamr)
    All sorts of wonderful things will happen, but they will take time to manifest themselves.

- No more sending £9bn net each year to the EU.
    Would end up being spent on the same stuff (e.g. agriculture), but with more directly partisan decisions being imposed. I fear for British agriculture outside the EU.

- Politicians who make your laws accountable at the ballot box
    As now. The European Parliament is elected, the Council consists of national governments, and the Commission answers to both.

- Regulations that work for British businesses
    What EU regulations would you undo?

- The opportunity to vastly increase our trade with emerging markets
    Possibly, but it's a long-term gamble. In the short-to-medium term, it would sting quite a bit.

I suspect we'd end up agreeing to some subjection to EU law like Switzerland does.

ReputationRep:
    LOL tariffs for days presumably and we'd probably experience considerable inflation on the supply side [probably more austerity measures from the conservatives which is great for students]. It depends on what happens in terms of the European Commission and these so called "deals" that we'd "be able to sort out" on a Brexit.

Long story short, those occupying space on the gravy train need to be examined
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Amazon ,Google and Starbucks.
    #AudemarsPiguet
    #TheLastLeg
    lol re-up on #PigGate WATTBA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    Depends when are you starting university... For example, I'm starting MSc in September and got a funded place by Scottish Funding Council, open only to Scottish and EU students - even if UK votes "leave" in June, I'd still get my funding. Not sure how it'll look for later years though.

ReputationRep:
    What would happen to the non UK products on eBay and amazon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.