Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I ask again, why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!

The slaves in the Americas were treated better, if you can handle the truth that is your problem, but you appear to be a racist BLM supporter or at least sympathiser, so I am not surprised.
    Wait so let me get this clear- Did you not read anything I had commented on???? Please read it again and come back to me with a better response. If not, then I guess this conversation is over. No time for such nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Wait so let me get this clear- Did you not read anything I had commented on???? Please read it again and come back to me with a better response. If not, then I guess this conversation is over. No time for such nonsense.
    Classic radical, runs away when their crazy hysteria is questioned.

ReputationRep:
    Classic radical, runs away when their crazy hysteria is questioned.
    You wish. I see traits of a potential internet troll which is why I had asked you to go back and re-read what I had stated. If you're not going to comment on relevant pieces of information then forever hold your peace. Instead you simply ignored my comment and replied with such randomness.

ReputationRep:
    The slaves in the Americas were treated better, if you can handle the truth that is your problem, but you appear to be a racist BLM supporter or at least sympathiser, so I am not surprised.
    The slaves were treated better in the Americas ?

Really ?

Whether that's true or not that's like trying to argue that getting punched five times in the face by Anthony Joshua is better than getting punched in the face 7 times by Anthony Joshua.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul657777)

Really ?

Whether that's true or not that's like trying to argue that getting punched five times in the face by Anthony Joshua is better than getting punched in the face 7 times by Anthony Joshua.
    I didn't say treated well, as you said, I simply said treated better, which is a fair and accurate statement to make.

ReputationRep:
    You wish. I see traits of a potential internet troll which is why I had asked you to go back and re-read what I had stated. If you're not going to comment on relevant pieces of information then forever hold your peace. Instead you simply ignored my comment and replied with such randomness.
    When you answer my question of where the millions of slaves in the Middle East and North Africa magically disappeared to, I shall respond to your comment.

ReputationRep:
    When you answer my question of where the millions of slaves in the Middle East and North Africa magically disappeared to, I shall respond to your comment.
    ???
    Well if you had read my statement properly you would have realised that I am against all types of slavery and racism- that I feel all types of slavery was/is wrong. I also had mentioned how it was totally inappropriate of you to compare two different tragic events to diminish the other one. Why would you do that? Where's the logic? That's like me trying to compare the terrorist 7/7 bombings with 9/11 then trying to diminish 7/7 because not as many people died/were killed. Well it doesn't matter- people STILL DIED. Innocent people were still killed by terrorists in both events- families still lost loved ones in both events. Get it now?

ReputationRep:
    ???
    Well if you had read my statement properly you would have realised that I am against all types of slavery and racism- that I feel all types of slavery was/is wrong. I also had mentioned how it was totally inappropriate of you to compare two different tragic events to diminish the other one. Why would you do that? Where's the logic? That's like me trying to compare the terrorist 7/7 bombings with 9/11 then trying to diminish 7/7 because not as many people died/were killed. Well it doesn't matter- people STILL DIED. Innocent people were still killed by terrorists in both events- families still lost loved ones in both events. Get it now?
    You still haven't answered my question and stated where the millions of slaves went.

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't answered my question and stated where the millions of slaves went.
    Because YOU answered your own question smart guy! Remember?

'why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!'

Again this doesn't diminish the severity of slavery once in America. Stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul657777)

Really ?

Lol. That's exactly what I had stated but using the 7/7 and 9/11 terrorist bombings. So because more people died in 9/11, 7/7 was not a significant/tragic event that happened in our history? I really do think that user is a troll. Won't be surprised if he gets banned soon. It's this kind of backwards mentality that annoys the heck out of me.

ReputationRep:
    Because YOU answered your own question smart guy! Remember?

'why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!'

Again this doesn't diminish the severity of slavery once in America. Stop.
    It makes what I said true.

A place that works slaves to deaths is worse than a place that works slaves for a period of time and then frees them. I don't exactly recommend either system but the former is worse.

ReputationRep:

A place that works slaves to deaths is worse than a place that works slaves for a period of time and then frees them. I don't exactly recommend either system but the former is worse.
    It could be that it was worse- fine.
    However, what you had stated made it seem as if you were trying to belittle the severity of slavery that once existed in America. It seemed as if you were trying to say it wasn't that bad because another event was worse when indeed it was very bad.
    And just because these slaves did not get wiped out completely did not mean that they had easy lives. Do not be fooled. It would have been at the lost of their masters as these slaves were worth money. These slaves made their families rich through the plantation which is why when the abolishment of slavery happened- many slave owners especially in the south lost fortunes. It would make no sense to work your slaves to death as it would have been at the owners lost. They were your source to an income. (Don't actually mean you, this was just an example) So no slaves, no plantation workers = no money and stable family. It's why masters even rapped some of their female slaves to produce more slave children for them to sell.
    Going back to the comparison I had made earlier- 9/11 could be described to be 'worse' than 7/11 but to belittle either of them would be irrational as both had tragic experiences and endings.

ReputationRep:
    It could be that it was worse- fine.
    However, what you had stated made it seem as if you were trying to belittle the severity of slavery that once existed in America. It seemed as if you were trying to say it wasn't that bad because another event was worse when indeed it was very bad.
    And just because these slaves did not get wiped out completely did not mean that they had easy lives. Do not be fooled. It would have been at the lost of their masters as these slaves were worth money. These slaves made their families rich through the plantation which is why when the abolishment of slavery happened- many slave owners especially in the south lost fortunes. It would make no sense to work your slaves to death as it would have been at the owners lost. They were your source to an income. (Don't actually mean you, this was just an example) So no slaves, no plantation workers = no money and stable family. It's why masters even rapped some of their female slaves to produce more slave children for them to sell.
    Going back to the comparison I had made earlier- 9/11 could be described to be 'worse' than 7/11 but to belittle either of them would be irrational as both had tragic experiences and endings.
    Well, at least you have now acknowledged my point. To be honest, you have read things that I did not type. At no point did I say that the life of the America based slaves was easy. I am not trying to sound condescending here, but please don't look for hidden meanings in the words of others and just accept what a user is saying a face value (I am referring to the underlined section above).

ReputationRep:
    Lmao what a mess.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you have now acknowledged my point. To be honest, you have read things that I did not type. At no point did I say that the life of the America based slaves was easy. I am not trying to sound condescending here, but please don't look for hidden meanings in the words of others and just accept what a user is saying a face value (I am referring to the underlined section above).
    Well, not to be rude but I'm not the only user who came to this conclusion after reading your statement i.e PrincePaul657777. It's not us ganging up on you but the way you had worded your statement seemed as the underlined section above. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    white ppl wanna be oppressed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewing)
    shut up white boy
    Wow. You don't consider that a racist thing to say?

ReputationRep:

Where are your sources that indicate it was worse? I find it hard to believe that black slaves weren't worked to death also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eagleclawsan)
    Where are your sources that indicate it was worse? I find it hard to believe that black slaves weren't worked to death also.
    The existence of the descendants of slaves in the Americas shows that they were not mainly worked to death.

North Africa/ The Middle East had similar numbers of slaves (some say more), yet there are no cities in such places with large black / white communities (that's because they died).

ReputationRep:
    The existence of the descendants of slaves in the Americas shows that they were not mainly worked to death.
    They probably were but the healthiest, strongest and smartest ones obviously survived. However, why are we talking about African Slavery in a White Lives Matter thread?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.