Living life on the edge: Me and my crazy life

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habibtii)
    I wish I could raise awareness too, but I'm afraid people don't take me seriously .-.
    there's definitely a need for it, since mental illnesses are not as visible as physical illnesses - and are therefore not taken as seriously, whereas physical illness is more likely to be sympathised with.
    Do whatever makes you feel at ease. Thanks for returning the favour. <3
    I'm sure you can raise awareness somehow! I take you seriously!
    That's very true, very true indeed.
    They should be taken seriously because they are serious conditions which alter people's lives!
    Idk tbh, I've run out of things to talk about anyway. Plus I think everyone's bored of it.
    No worries!

ReputationRep:
    Living Life On The Edge: My daily routine has changed

Hey all!

Today's post shall be about a formidable force called OCD.
    Now as you know I have OCD and have talked about my experiences. So what else could I possible say you ask.
    Well I'll tell you!

OCD can do many things to you. But the main thing it does, is change your daily life. Now I'm sure no one is surprised to hear that, but I'm going to explain (or at least try to) how it does that!

OCD makes you do things which you know are completely irrational but you have to do them in order to feel relief from the symptoms!For example:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Someone may have to wash their hands several times until they feel clean enough to move on.

Now I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me (and I'm sure others can relate), it's the most annoying thing ever! You just want to leave and do something else, but OCD is like 'nope! You're staying here until I say so' Once you feel relief, you just sigh and walk away and do something fun! You do something fun because you get upset from the fact that you've just spent ages doing something you know wasn't necessary (even though it kind of was).

Having OCD changes your daily routine completely. You just end up avoiding the stuff that triggers it. Therefore you can end up staying in the house all the time if you fear of getting contaminated by something (like me). You just want to try and make yourself as comfortable as possible! Sometimes this can be relatively easy, but most times it doesn't work out that way and something triggers you off anyway.

OCD also alters how you do things. You will be constantly aware of everything going on around you, just to make sure that your safe from being triggered. You always live in fear of the next time you get triggered (because it always happens again). You end up just avoiding doing anything so that you can be free from this monstrosity for however brief that time period is!It's extremely difficult and upsetting to live with because you just want to be able to do what you want, when you want to. But you can't because you're trapped by this menace!I still get tearful at times when I get really bad. It just feels like it will never end as it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse!
    I wish none of you ever have to experience OCD!

OCD is one of those things that no matter how hard you try, you just can't shake it! It's a baddy that just never dies! It never loses its energy! It deserves to die!

If anyone wants to talk to me privately about any issues they are experiencing, I'm more than happy to try and help out!

I'm not sure if I've written that very well at all tbh.
    I know that Spock's Socks will be able to explain this better and I'd recommend checking out her blog for more info on OCD.

As always thanks for reading!
    I appreciate all of the comments you guys leave!
    I love reading them (let's me know I'm doing ok) and keeps my motivation up!

I will always do my best to respond too!

Hope you're all well!
    Thankyou!
    Bye for now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    x
    PRSOM!!

Another well written and clearly worded post, FireFreezer77!

I really feel for you and all other OCD sufferers, you're very brave to share your experiences with us! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    FireFreezer77 am on PRSOM but really a hindsightful and informative post

Will search for her blog soon!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing! It was an eye-opening read. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    PRSOM!!

Another well written and clearly worded post, FireFreezer77!

I really feel for you and all other OCD sufferers, you're very brave to share your experiences with us! :hugs:
    Why thankyou!! I really appreciate that!

OCD is not nice as you can probably tell!
    I just want people to realize what goes on tbh. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    FireFreezer77 am on PRSOM but really a hindsightful and informative post

Will search for her blog soon!!
    Damn PRSOM haha!
    Thankyou! I'm very happy to hear that!

Okay! She'll appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Thanks for sharing! It was an eye-opening read. :hugs:
    No worries! Thanks for reading!

Really? I guess there was more goes on than first expected? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    No worries! Thanks for reading!

Really? I guess there was more goes on than first expected? :hugs:
    It's because studying OCD in Psychology is not the same as reading someone's experience about it. :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    It's because studying OCD in Psychology is not the same as reading someone's experience about it. :closedeyes:
    Ahh I see!!
    I guess you can learn more from reading people's experiences I guess?!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see!!
    I guess you can learn more from reading people's experiences I guess?!
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Living Life On The Edge: My daily routine has changed
    Another great post!

You are amazing to be able to deal with that everyday, it's inspiring!

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Another great post!

You are amazing to be able to deal with that everyday, it's inspiring!

:hugs:
    Thankyou for reading! Apologies for the late response!

Aww thankyou so much! That means a lot to me!
    I struggle greatly though tbh, its not easy!
    Thankyou for reading! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    There will a new update later maybe.
    If only my mind would decide on something to write about!
    Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Living Life On The Edge: Proving TSR isn't a waste of time!

Hello everyone!
    I'm aware of this being late (much to your relief) but I'm planning something a bit different for one of my posts! It will be up fairly soon.

Thanks to Leviathan1741 for the idea!
    So today I'm going to talk about how TSR has helped me through some difficult times.
    I know some of you think TSR is a waste of time but to me it isn't.And for one very good reason
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If it wasn't for me joining TSR, I don't think I'd be here now

When I joined TSR I was feeling extremely down, my first thread was about my bullying situation. And one very kind user kindly allowed me to pm them to chat about it. So I did and we got on so well that we're still chatting today! I won't mention their name but they know who they are!But as more people became aware of my situation more and more people would provide support to me and I made lots of friends on TSR!

I'm still making new friends now in fact! I really can't thank everyone enough for all the support that you have all given me!I was incredibly lonely at one point (because I have no friends) so I started hanging around on here a lot more. It turned out to be a good decision. I'm no longer lonely and I've made some great friends! I do my best to keep in touch with everyone too!

TSR is such a friendly and happy place to be! I'm not sure there's anywhere else I'd rather be if I'm totally honest!I feel like I can interact with anyone without people being mean to me!I know that everyone is welcoming and comforting to me when I need it and the amount of support I've recieved for my OCD and for the bullying situation.

I hope that I can continue to chat with you all and make some new friends along the way!

Everyone is super friendly!My loneliness has been cured and I honestly wouldn't have gotten through it if it wasn't for you guys!

So thankyou so much!!!! :hugs:

That's all for today! I hope I didn't bore you too much!
    Thanks for reading!
    As always any questions, feel free to ask!
    And I'm still open for any guest posts that anyone would like to do!

I appreciate the comments that you guys leave! I love reading them all!!!
    That's all for now!
    Thankyou!
    Bye for now!!

ReputationRep:
    FireFreezer77

Thank you for tagging me again! That was such a heartwarming post, it's great to hear how TSR has helped you through so much! I hope you continue to receive the same level of support in the future too! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to see that side of TSR :lol:, but I'm super glad that TSR's helped you so much. :jumphug:

FireFreezer77
    You're back on the blog :woo:
    It was a pleasure to help you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not sure 100% you were talking about only me but I can relate with what you said, the user chatting to you and stuff :mmm:

The thing you said about everyone being nice to you here, you know what ?? It says a lot about yourself, because it's not true. It's Internet, haters are everywhere. But you didn't have to face it - fortunately- You know why ? Because you finally do what I told you to do.
    You're being optimistiiiiiiic :woo:

I am so glad TSR helped you that much ! Loved your post, as always :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    FireFreezer77

Thank you for tagging me again! That was such a heartwarming post, it's great to hear how TSR has helped you through so much! I hope you continue to receive the same level of support in the future too! :hugs:
    It's okay!!
    Aww Thankyou!
    TSR has defo helped a lot throughout my time here!
    As do I!
    I really like it here! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I've yet to see that side of TSR :lol:, but I'm super glad that TSR's helped you so much. :jumphug:
    Aw I'm sure you've seen it!
    Thankyou! I'm rather surprised tbh, but couldn't be happier with it! :jumphug:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.