Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    I fell of a pedalo too buddy

You are correct, i am not bothered in the slightest about how triggered you are as a consequence of my post. Here's why:

1) You knowingly entered a clearly titled thread and knew clearly what sort of things the discussion would entail

2) Not only have you entered it, but you have fallaciously and maliciously attacked others for their views. Not somebody who's fee fee's i believe need protecting from the big bad words

3) You fantasied about someone shooting me in the face being worth the jail time. But yes, i am the big bad nasty man

4) My post wasn't offensive or wrong. It was spot on. You might not like the reality of that but me pointing it out doesn't mean i deserve shooting in the face
    1) I entered knowing someone would so callous as to judge refugees fleeing over water as a calculated risk and their own fault for dying? Maybe you did, I didn't.

2) I was not the one to escalate things.

3) After you made that comment, see 2)

4) Yes, it was.

We had almost nothing to do with each other before this, so none of your points have any merit in you saying that is why you aren't bothered. Moreover, fair enough if you say that to me. But anyone can read your post. Not just me. What if they get triggered, still not bothered?

I mean you are not even anything noteworthy. The internet is full of bullies and trolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainhuman)
    1) I entered knowing someone would so callous as to judge refugees fleeing over water as a calculated risk and their own fault for dying? Maybe you did, I didn't.

2) I was not the one to escalate things.

3) After you made that comment, see 2)

4) Yes, it was.

We had almost nothing to do with each other before this, so none of your points have any merit in you saying that is why you aren't bothered. Moreover, fair enough if you say that to me. But anyone can read your post. Not just me. What if they get triggered, still not bothered?

I mean you are not even anything noteworthy. The internet is full of bullies and trolls.
    What did i just read

Stop pointing to ur sore fee fees and calling me names and wishing to shoot me in the face and explain how my post was wrong and filthy and disgusting

ReputationRep:
    What did i just read

Stop pointing to ur sore fee fees and calling me names and wishing to shoot me in the face and explain how my post was wrong and filthy and disgusting
    If your moral compass doesn't recognize that on its own, nothing I will say will change that.

And names? I called you a bully (or a troll depending if you are genuine or not). As you said above, that is "neither offensive nor wrong, it was spot on".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I'm sure the "refugees" who will float in the sea or die of starvation when people turn them away would love to see your face and remember the coldness behind it even in death
    How's that work given they would never see her face

last thing they would see would be their countrymen fighting to use their body as a flotation device given the ones they sell in Turkey are made of cardboard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    I suggest you read up on history before making such an absurd, oversimplified comment about isolationism.

And it is our responsibility, as a leading democratic nation, to properly enforce what NATO stands for and actually help the situation instead of giving it a bash and praying things work out - which is what we are doing right now with airstrikes.
    I suggest you try to understand how a desire for peace after a catastrophic war coupled with appeasement is not the same as isolationism.

NATO stands for the defence of its' members territory, not interference in the internal affairs of other states. The current effort is going well beyond the call of duty.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you figure it out yourself? You pretend to be so smart, I am sure you will have no trouble...

I wonder how many people you come across must be "poor at reading" in your eyes. Maybe it's just you, you know. Your effect on people.
    He's not pretending to be smart. He is. Aside from giving him ad hominem over ad hominem and vacuous responses, you brought nothing to prove him wrong.
    But I guess for your kin what you have to do is take out the name card and you've won the argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I suggest you try to understand how a desire for peace after a catastrophic war coupled with appeasement is not the same as isolationism.

NATO stands for the defence of its' members territory, not interference in the internal affairs of other states. The current effort is going well beyond the call of duty.
    Isolationism, peace and appeasement aren't mutually exclusive things. Sometimes the desire for peace derives from isolationism, some nations might want to stay peaceful with other powers because they don't want to get involved in foreign conflict and affairs. But whatever silly argument you try to make, British and American isolationism was a significant factor in allowing Hitler to gain confidence and momentum in taking back lost territory and claiming further territory in the inter-war years.

But I'm probably wasting my time here anyway, you've butted into my arguments about three times over the last few weeks, and when met with reason you always conveniently don't reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Isolationism, peace and appeasement aren't mutually exclusive things. Sometimes the desire for peace derives from isolationism, some nations might want to stay peaceful with other powers because they don't want to get involved in foreign conflict and affairs.
    That is true, and probably applied to the USA before 1942. It did not, however, apply to the UK, which has never been isolationist and had interests across the globe to protect and bound itself to protect other countries by treaty.

In any event, isolationism is not simply non-interventionism.

ReputationRep:
    Every european country should take their proportional fair share. we're not monsters. its gonna be difficult convincing your kids how evil hitler was if we are willing to let fleeing people drown in the ocean or force them to return to those war-torn areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    He's not pretending to be smart. He is. Aside from giving him ad hominem over ad hominem and vacuous responses, you brought nothing to prove him wrong.
    But I guess for your kin what you have to do is take out the name card and you've won the argument.
    Oh please stop. A fanboy?

And what is this forums obsession with ad hominem? You can't use it whenever something doesn't suit you. Not to mention your bff was the one who started being derogatory.

ReputationRep:
    Asia.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure the "refugees" who will float in the sea or die at the hands of ruthless smugglers who after seeing their third world countrymen living it up in Germany, decided it was worth the risk would love to see your face and remember the stupidity behind it even in death
    I'm sure that regardless of the language barrier, the "refugees" are just as confused with this sentence as I am because it doesn't make any sense

What i think you're trying to say is, let's keep them out because their fellow nationals are violent beasts and you worry for the safety of these refugees...which I doubt, stop the rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    How's that work given they would never see her face

last thing they would see would be their countrymen fighting to use their body as a flotation device given the ones they sell in Turkey are made of cardboard
    What the hell, how did two people bring this to me, the whole "countrymen" are gonna kill the migrants
    And that's why I said they would love to see it. What she said is unbelievable but seeing is believing.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    Every european country should take their proportional fair share. we're not monsters. its gonna be difficult convincing your kids how evil hitler was if we are willing to let fleeing people drown in the ocean or force them to return to those war-torn areas
    Let the peoples decide, ok?

These people were safe in refugee camps, for which the EU is going to pay €6 billion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    What the hell, how did two people bring this to me, the whole "countrymen" are gonna kill the migrants
    And that's why I said they would love to see it. What she said is unbelievable but seeing is believing.
    What does this even mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    Every european country should take their proportional fair share
    That should be for the people of Europe to decide not immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please stop. A fanboy?

And what is this forums obsession with ad hominem? You can't use it whenever something doesn't suit you. Not to mention your bff was the one who started being derogatory.
    Strong debating skills... How old are you?

I'm waiting for your answer, which will doubtlessly be full of insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Strong debating skills... How old are you?

I'm waiting for your answer, which will doubtlessly be full of insults.
    Was I debating anything with the person that just came into an argument defending their buddy?

But hey, talking about insults and debating skills, nice question about my age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Let the peoples decide, ok?

These people were safe in refugee camps, for which the EU is going to pay €6 billion.
    Not surprised someone like you would have such selfish views.

Ooooh, I guess you were right after all, wanna accuse me of ad hominem now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.