The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
You argue for everyone to accept homosexuality and live together in harmony and peace. Yet you have the cheek to call a religion over a billion people follow a "fairytale."

Homosexuality is wrong, it's morally wrong. I think its wrong but I can live with gay people in society and not point a finger at them. What you're doing is you're not only degrading islam you're doing it publicly. Now tell me how can we live together in society peacefully when there's people like you.

It's a war both ways.

Muslims instigating problems and non-muslims react.

Non-muslims instigating problems and muslims react.

Yes I have the nerve to call a religion a fairytale. Problem?

I pity you for thinking loving someone of the opposite gender is wrong. Must suck to be you babe.
Religious people playing the sympathy card. LOL
You argue for everyone to accept homosexuality and live together in harmony and peace. Yet you have the cheek to call a religion over a billion people follow a "fairytale."

Homosexuality is wrong, it's morally wrong. I think its wrong but I can live with gay people in society and not point a finger at them. What you're doing is you're not only degrading islam you're doing it publicly. Now tell me how can we live together in society peacefully when there's people like you.

It's a war both ways.

Muslims instigating problems and non-muslims react.

Non-muslims instigating problems and muslims react.

The ignore list is pretty handy for people spouting the same nonsense over again :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
The ignore list is pretty handy for people spouting the same nonsense over again :smile:

Oh the irony...
I'm a muslim and I have no problem with gay/lesbian/bi/ect people and would not care if my child was gay. My aunt is gay and no-one in my family bats an eyelid because its her life and because we're not *******s.
I wish people would just focus on their own lives and stop being so obsessed with other people all the time. No one gives a crap about your negative opinion so stfu and focus on improving yourself as a person
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes I have the nerve to call a religion a fairytale. Problem?

I pity you for thinking loving someone of the opposite gender is wrong. Must suck to be you babe.

Ironic how you want everyone to be accepting of homosexuality, yet you degrade islam and are not accepting of our beliefs.

You're a typical deluded brainwashed by the media type of person.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Original post by HAnwar

True.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh the irony...

Vice versa hun.
I'm a muslim and I have no problem with gay/lesbian/bi/ect people and would not care if my child was gay. My aunt is gay and no-one in my family bats an eyelid because its her life and because we're not *******s.
I wish people would just focus on their own lives and stop being so obsessed with other people all the time. No one gives a crap about your negative opinion so stfu and focus on improving yourself as a person

Wait so, if your child was homosexual you would be perfectly fine with it? Let me say it in a Islamic perspective. Would you be happy knowing your child was to be going hell for being this way?

Well this question depends whether you're religious or not.
I feel very sorry for any children who are gay and are born into the families of some of you people. Do you realise that you are going to make your child absolutely miserable by telling them they should hide who they are? If you can't comprehend that then you are selfish really, because when you have a child they come first. It's not important whether you feel uncomfortable or if you want grandchildren, it's about your child's wellbeing... and trust me... it won't be very high when they hear some of the complete **** that is in this thread being spouted at them.
Reply 230
I just came back and this thread is making me suicidal omf

I hope your sperm and eggs are just as scrambled as your brains so you can't have kids you ignorant ***** :colonhash:
Original post by z33
I just came back and this thread is making me suicidal omf

I hope your sperm and eggs are just as scrambled as your brains so you can't have kids you ignorant ***** :colonhash:

Mind your French :pierre:

To be honest, I think it is more an issue of education. It is best to educate people so that they do know the facts. They might not accept them now, but should one of them one day in the future have a child who is gay, they might find it in their heart to change and accept them.

There is a brilliant film based on a true story called Prayers for Bobby about a homophobic Christian mother who had a gay son. He sadly ended up committing suicide, but she later went on to become a great and strong advocate for LGBT rights. But sadly she didn't learn the facts till it was too late. It is best we at least get the facts out there so we can avoid more incidents like Bobby's.
So, I've come back to this thread and read through a lot of the responses.

Back story, I'm Bi in a Muslim household.

I generally thought the new generation would be a little bit more accepting of homosexuality, sadly I was proven wrong.
It seems almost like the newer generation is some what worse in some aspects.

I do hope the few educated Muslims on here who are very respectful and understanding of homosexuality start becoming the mainstream soon. Otherwise we're going to get a lot of "unloved/wanted" children purely based on something they cant control. Surely as a Parent you should be able to accept your children regardless, being a parent comes first. Simple as, if you cant take that responsibility. You're not fit enough to be a parent.

/Rant.
Ironic how you want everyone to be accepting of homosexuality, yet you degrade islam and are not accepting of our beliefs.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Somebody doesn't have to be brainwashed to believe that organised religion is a load of BS. It can have nothing to do with your personal beliefs.

Anyway sexuality and religion are not on the same level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by The Epicurean
Mind your French :pierre:

To be honest, I think it is more an issue of education. It is best to educate people so that they do know the facts. They might not accept them now, but should one of them one day in the future have a child who is gay, they might find it in their heart to change and accept them.

There is a brilliant film based on a true story called Prayers for Bobby about a homophobic Christian mother who had a gay son. He sadly ended up committing suicide, but she later went on to become a great and strong advocate for LGBT rights. But sadly she didn't learn the facts till it was too late. It is best we at least get the facts out there so we can avoid more incidents like Bobby's.

Sorrrayyyyyyyyyyy

Maybe... hopefully if they do have a gay child some... parent/child connection will change their minds.

Damn... poor Bobby :/ I'm sure he's proud of his mama.
Original post by Moonstruck16

Anyway sexuality and religion are not on the same level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. Degrading a religion has a greater affect then people not accepting homosexuality.

If homosexuals should have the right to love the opposite gender, we have the right to believe what we want. If you publicly degrade my religion, yet want everyone to accept homosexuals you sure are a ****ing hypocrite. Don't agree with a religion. Fine. You can't always have it your way, if you can oppose other people's beliefs they sure damn have the right to oppose what you believe is fine (homosexuality)

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Why should I be accepting of the beliefs that gay people go to hell? I never have and I never will.
Brainwashed by the media because I support gay rights. Righttttt. I heard the ME is great this time of the year for people like you babe.

Speaks volumes about you.
Exactly. Degrading a religion has a greater affect then people not accepting homosexuality.

If homosexuals should have the right to love the opposite gender, we have the right to believe what we want. If you publicly degrade my religion, yet want everyone to accept homosexuals you sure are a ****ing hypocrite. Don't agree with a religion. Fine. You can't always have it your way, if you can oppose other people's beliefs they sure damn have the right to oppose what you believe is fine (homosexuality)

If you can't handle criticism then toughen up babe. People are encouraged to criticise nowadays and if you're going to moan about it behind anon then nobody will take you seriously. But good for you for sticking up for your religion. I'm sure you'll get brownie points for it.
And btw if I was you I would talk to the Muslims who have said that the West in a cesspit of sin(yet they still live here). They're worse than I am :wink:

What would you do if your child was gay? Would you view them as diseased like some of the other Muslims on here?
I am not a Muslim but am a Sikh and quite conservative politically (in the British sense) however nothing compared to extreme Islam conservatives of course. I doubt I would accept the child. I wouldn't be horrible or cruel to it, but I would be disappointed, as I feel the relationship as father son wouldn't be the same. Like it sounds crude but I'm sure a mutual appreciation of attractive women would do wonders in cracking jokes/bonding etc. Now please don't get it twisted, I know a few gay people and they have done nothing to warrant any hatred from me, I am civil to them as they are to me. As long as their activities don't impact my way of life then that is fine. In fact, I wouldn't want to know what my son/daughter does in their private life. However if I did discover anything untoward I would probably tell them to leave the property, but that's more because it's my house my rules and if you want to have a shag then do it somewhere I can't see or get your own place
Reply 239
Original post by Jenx301
I feel very sorry for any children who are gay and are born into the families of some of you people. Do you realise that you are going to make your child absolutely miserable by telling them they should hide who they are? If you can't comprehend that then you are selfish really, because when you have a child they come first. It's not important whether you feel uncomfortable or if you want grandchildren, it's about your child's wellbeing... and trust me... it won't be very high when they hear some of the complete **** that is in this thread being spouted at them.

Exactly, your child's happiness and wellbeing should always come before your own beliefs and intolerances, any parent who treats their child differently because they're gay shouldn't have had children in the first place.

And to come back to the is it an illness debate, today marks 26 years since the World Health Organisation removed homosexuality from its list of illnesses, yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no good reason to believe it is an illness or disease and no reason to believe it's immoral or wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending