Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I will have to experiment with Google Docs this weekend, see what I can make it do.
    I do like the idea of a dashboard, but its too complex, and the CT/ TSR will not entertain it; so I will be looking to see what I will be able to do on a single Google Doc, which we can use as a hub- not replacing the wiki, but working in conjunction.

1. I would like to see rolling voting reviews on it, for easier administration; 2. party profiles, allowing more in depth description, discussing leaders, MPs etc basically building upon what we currently have on the wiki, but in more detail 3. Legislation timetable/ list, showing what is in the queue, who its from, when its due to be debated; which can provide a record should we need to look back.

Is there anything else which you can think of would be good in my MHOC Hub Google doc?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    JD, I can't predict my burn outs. If I could, I wouldn't be ill. I'm more prepared now than a year ago, trust me. I don't want you sympathy, I just don't want my illness to be used against me negatively.
    Whether you have greater control or not you are still aware of the very real possibility, as is the house. If ray had said we would be absent so much do you think he would have won? Similarly given you know the very real chance of absences, and the house is broadly aware of the potential, the same is worth remembering here. It's clear we don't want speakers who spend substantial spells of their term away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adam9317)
    This is a great shame; and come to realisation- you are one of the few, long serving, respected members who I haven't got to know very well; which is regrettable- but hopefully in the future this can change!
    I didn't mean it as a negative as such. In fact, I don't recall ever reading any negative opinion about you. The thing is, over the last few years my main exposure to what has been happening has been dipping in and out of the party sub-forums here and there and commenting on the odd bill. As I am not a member of UKIP, I am far less likely to have any material from which to draw a conclusion about any of you. You may well be a fantastic Speaker, I simply don't know!

Like I said though, I am in total agreement regarding the standard of debate. I'm hoping with new leadership the NatLibs will start contributing too. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I didn't mean it as a negative as such. In fact, I don't recall ever reading any negative opinion about you. The thing is, over the last few years my main exposure to what has been happening has been dipping in and out of the party sub-forums here and there and commenting on the odd bill. As I am not a member of UKIP, I am far less likely to have any material from which to draw a conclusion about any of you. You may well be a fantastic Speaker, I simply don't know!

Like I said though, I am in total agreement regarding the standard of debate. I'm hoping with new leadership the NatLibs will start contributing too. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!
    No no, don't worry, I wasn't taking anything negative, just reflecting that I didn't know you, which was a shame as I've got to know many people. good luck with everything my friend!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can you two get a room, even if that is the bar?).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What makes you think that? We're probably a decade or two from extending our lives indefinitely and effective mood-altering medications are pretty much common nowadays.
    I've already tried 5 medications in the last year and none worked. The side effects were horrendous. I have severe personality disorders, I hear and see things that don't exist. It's not easy and I've accepted that I'm always going to be ill someway or another.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Whether you have greater control or not you are still aware of the very real possibility, as is the house. If ray had said we would be absent so much do you think he would have won? Similarly given you know the very real chance of absences, and the house is broadly aware of the potential, the same is worth remembering here. It's clear we don't want speakers who spend substantial spells of their term away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Impossible you are, JD. I can function while ill. I'm doing it right now. Here's your proof. I can't write down the things I'm hearing right now because they are too graphic but I'm still here. TSR is a colourful distraction for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've already tried 5 medications in the last year and none worked. The side effects were horrendous. I have severe personality disorders, I hear and see things that don't exist. It's not easy and I've accepted that I'm always going to be ill someway or another.
    I wouldn't lose hope just yet, you're still very young. I bet us brainiacs will figure something out soon. :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Can you two get a room, even if that is the bar?).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But darling I have always been something of an exhibitionist!

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I wouldn't lose hope just yet, you're still very young. I bet us brainiacs will figure something out soon. :yy:
    I'm nearly 20 and I swear I feel like I'm 40 :laugh:. My pyschiatrist are exploring the theory that I was born like this and it's quite possible - or at least I was inclined to turn out as such.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is one of them Bruce Willis?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    But darling I have always been something of an exhibitionist!
    Don't we know it

ReputationRep:
    Impossible you are, JD. I can function while ill. I'm doing it right now. Here's your proof. I can't write down the things I'm hearing right now because they are too graphic but I'm still here. TSR is a colourful distraction for me.
    You mean like synaesthetic or likely to make us wet our beds?

I'm nearly 20 and I swear I feel like I'm 40 . My pyschiatrist are exploring the theory that I was born like this and it's quite possible - or at least I was inclined to turn out as such.
    Like what, Benjamin Button?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Don't we know it
    Don't be jealous; you know you're my main squeeze!

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Is one of them Bruce Willis?
    I wish!

You mean like synaesthetic or likely to make us wet our beds?

Like what, Benjamin Button?
    It's disturbing, let's leave it like that. I just tend to ignore it and go about my business.

I surprisingly enjoyed that movie! But no. Idk. My life has been weird.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Don't be jealous; you know you're my main squeeze!
    That's what you told me the last time and the time before that!

ReputationRep:
    It's disturbing, let's leave it like that. I just tend to ignore it and go about my business.

I surprisingly enjoyed that movie! But no. Idk. My life has been weird.
    Let's. I don't want to wet my bed.

It was nice and a bit creepy at the same time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by toronto353)
    That's what you told me the last time and the time before that!
    I'm imperfect. I love too fiercely and too liberally. I'll never belong to just one man :moon:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Whether you're ill now or not is largely irrelevant to the matter of when it's worse and absence happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Whether you're ill now or not is largely irrelevant to the matter of when it's worse and absence happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm at my worst, trust me. Step up from this is death.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.