Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    Are you sure there are no tests? Did you submit your application?
    If you've spoken to anyone (I know several who are starting at GS over the next two years) who's been through the process, you would know what it's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    What :rofl:

This is so stupid.

Even if they had a voice recognition software in place that could understand what you're saying, it would still be viewed by someone to see your confidence/body language etc. What's the point of making it a video interview if those things aren't being judged?
    It's apparently to place less of an emphasis on 'university' and more on 'grit, perseverance and commitment'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    If you've spoken to anyone (I know several who are starting at GS over the next two years) who's been through the process, you would know what it's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I you had spoken to them in several round you would also know that they have an internship app exam including tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    I you had spoken to them in several round you would also know that they have an internship app exam including tests
    I can assure you, I have spoken to these guys and gals through it all. There are 0 tests whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone attending the SEO AC tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I can assure you, I have spoken to these guys and gals through it all. There are 0 tests whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know how technical the interviews are? What about brainteasers etc? I always assumed GS was more about fit and mentality and banks such as MS and DB are heavy on tests and technicals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Do you know how technical the interviews are? What about brainteasers etc? I always assumed GS was more about fit and mentality and banks such as MS and DB are heavy on tests and technicals.
    You're correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who should I address my GS cover letter to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatBateman)
    Who should I address my GS cover letter to?
    Aren't they still doing the 300 word statement? If so, you don't address it to anyone

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure others are wondering this too so can somebody help me out.

Should I put down that I have a disability? Under the 2010 equality act, depression and mental health issues is classed as a disability but I worry that this could be viewed as not being able to handle the pressure or whatever, like I don't want them getting the wrong idea of me. But if I don't disclose and it was disclosed later then it could be grounds for dismissal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)

Should I put down that I have a disability? Under the 2010 equality act, depression and mental health issues is classed as a disability but I worry that this could be viewed as not being able to handle the pressure or whatever, like I don't want them getting the wrong idea of me. But if I don't disclose and it was disclosed later then it could be grounds for dismissal.
    Ask HR to be sure.. I don't think anyone here is qualified to advice on such things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)

In principle, you should disclose this.

In practice, you should not.

My take: I would not disclose it in this instance as that question is more about getting the right accessibility in place to ensure you can participate in interviews / get round the building. If the disability is depression then clearly you do not need any accessibility adjustments.

I'd informally speak to HR to seek guidance. Also, how would it get disclosed later unless you mentioned it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im guessing that was the only assesment centre day?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since GS seems to be the only bank considering 2nd years in 4 year courses - and that's me right now - I'm making a new SW thread (the previous one seems to have closed): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...088&p=66626440

Also, some banks should add in their application the option to say you'd be willing to switch to a 3 year course (my course, for example, is integrated masters. Switching to bachelors and back literally requires filling in a form) if you were to secure a place! Last year I applied to SWs as a BEng thinking that I'd switch to that from MEng - which I didn't in the end. So this year I am re-applying as a MEng student.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was it like - feel free to DM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    Nope, I went to the first one a couple of weeks ago, so it's definitely not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Nope, I went to the first one a couple of weeks ago, so it's definitely not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what do they do in the assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    This is BS.

Am on the summer at GS and can confirm there are no internship exams whatsoever in any of the divisions. Neither are there any tests at the application stage for spring/summer/grad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJU1)
    This is BS.

Am on the summer at GS and can confirm there are no internship exams whatsoever in any of the divisions. Neither are there any tests at the application stage for spring/summer/grad.
    What about logic questions/brainteasers in interviews?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.