Aston Villa FC Society III

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The good thing is that my self inflicted exile is now over! The bad news is that we drew 1-1. Couldn't believe our play in the second half, why the hell were we sitting of them and showing them so much respect!? It was inevitable what was going to happen. Still we created a few decent chances in the first half and Huddersfield are one of the better teams in the league. I think we will beat a lot of teams at VP this season however I think we were inviting them on to us. Credit to McCormack for that challenge right in front of me near the Holte corner flag, that's what we need. Couldn't believe ayew missed that golden chance, he just needed to smack it first time maybe. Derby will be tough on the weekend but if we win there I will be very happy. Draw minimum ideally

Just a freak goal really but we should have buried them in the first half. Lovely tribute to Dalian Atkinson though.*

ReputationRep:
    I seriously wonder why we don't have more than 50% of possession....

I looked at the stats before the game ended and it was 43%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jedinak confirmed, spending now at £30m. Xia is keeping to his word and it looks like there will be at least one more signing.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Mile jedinak. If we can sort the visa issues he needs to straight in against Derby. Westy and tish tired in second half and we sat off them inviting them on. Palace fans gutted, proper leader and ball winner. Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Jedinak confirmed, spending now at £30m. Xia is keeping to his word and it looks like there will be at least one more signing.
    We have recouped some and dropped people off the wage bill too though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    We have recouped some and dropped people off the wage bill too though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True it's not net spend. There aren't many from last season we'd want to keep so I consider it to be a good thing minus one or two players. Gueye, Guzan and Clark are no big losses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    True it's not net spend. There aren't many from last season we'd want to keep so I consider it to be a good thing minus one or two players. Gueye, Guzan and Clark are no big losses.
    Gueye is a pretty big miss the others weren't though but we're just talking about finances here when mentioning the thirty million as half of that has come in and lots of wages are gone.

Add to that Adama now wants out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adama Traore has asked to leave according to the Birmingham Mail.

ReputationRep:
    Diawara bid is now confirmed I doubt we will sign him though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Diawara bid is now confirmed I doubt we will sign him though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    £14.7m :eek:

On TalkSport just now, "Jedinak, absolutely brilliant signing, Aston Villa just continually sorting themselves out in the transfer market" :cool:

Really happy with this signing, kind of bite in midfield we have lacked.

Off to Derby shortly

ReputationRep:
    Love how quickly the games roll around now. Looking for a strong result today, Derby got beat 2-0 and haven't been scoring that much, however I think bent will get one. Villa to win 2-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Love how quickly the games roll around now. Looking for a strong result today, Derby got beat 2-0 and haven't been scoring that much, however I think bent will get one. Villa to win 2-1
    I do like how quick the games come too, it's odd really as its only 8 extra games a season.

Almost all of them have been on tv too.

You know that is pissing the blues fans off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need to start creating chances whilst on top. It's been our problem in all games so far, Rotherham aside. Hopefully we can do that second half.*

Hope we bring in one more attacker/creative-midfielder before the window closes, Tony has hinted at it on Twitter. There's plenty of goals in our front line, we could do with a little something extra though to unlock defences. Grealish is looking great so far this season, and with Tshibola and Jedinak to come into the midfield, that should sort one of our weakest areas. We're putting together a really strong side for this league. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Need to start creating chances whilst on top. It's been our problem in all games so far, Rotherham aside. Hopefully we can do that second half.*

Hope we bring in one more attacker/creative-midfielder before the window closes, Tony has hinted at it on Twitter. There's plenty of goals in our front line, we could do with a little something extra though to unlock defences. Grealish is looking great so far this season, and with Tshibola and Jedinak to come into the midfield, that should sort one of our weakest areas. We're putting together a really strong side for this league. *
    We need a right back and attacking midfielder for sure maybe even a right sided attacker for a front three too.

We also don't have lots of possession in games which is worrying for a club like us in the championship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watching your game at the same time as the Arsenal one and I can't take Kozak seriously after Wilfred Little kept calling him koalas

ReputationRep:
    A lot of our attacking threat has disappeared with Rudy going off. Kozak isn't really doing it. Only highlights our need for more attacking options.

Seems unlikely, but I'd be tempted to take Kozak off, stick Ayew up top with McCormack and put Amavi on the wing. Not many game changing options on the bench, no Adama obviously. There's only Green really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    A lot of our attacking threat has disappeared with Rudy going off. Kozak isn't really doing it. Only highlights our need for more attacking options.

Seems unlikely, but I'd be tempted to take Kozak off, stick Ayew up top with McCormack and put Amavi on the wing. Not many game changing options on the bench, no Adama obviously. There's only Green really.
    I would have changed both full backs on 70

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.