Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustyegg)
    A company not affiliated with the pharmaceutical company who developed the drug.
    It's because if the company who made the drug/medicine tested it's own product it could alter the results to make it look like there was less side effects/it was better at treating the symptoms.
    This would be biased.
    makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nettogrof)
    So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?
    The exam was nothing like any of the past papers I have had a go at. The questions were not worded well either and there was bairly any questions on the stuff I had revised like vaccines, drugs, plant hormones, homeostatis, genes, cloning, Evoloution. I think there was only like 2 things to do with Biology that I had revised.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I rounded it to 0.7%. Hope that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nettogrof)
    So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?
    I sat the paper yesterday and it was really easy. Especially in a new school that started it's first lot of students last September!! Yes the questions were a bit, off topic.... however the actual questions were easier than the mock we took a week earlier!

Sorry for anyone that found it hard, especially because of the drunk 15 year-olds
    and all the drunken rats xD

ReputationRep:
    For my QWC answer I literally wrote like carbohydrates are important in the body because they release energy. Fats are needed for stored energy, protein is needed for the growth and repair of muscles and cells..... Obviously I did all the components in this format but is it not detailed enough ?!? Im panicking????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen k)
    I found it hard I was expecting the carbon cycle or homeostasis to come up or even the menstrual cycle to come up but it didn't like wtf was the independent company question was it even on the spec why would they ask that
    AQA did a poor job with this exam. Every question was on the Specification but not directly stated like the 'independent company' question was part of the Drug Trails section of the specification.

To understand the questions it required some application or extended knowledge but to answer the questions all you needed was knowledge of what the specification stated nothing more. So it was a pretty bad test for anyone unprepared.

ReputationRep:
    Despite AQA expecting us to be able to apply skillls, knowledge and understanding to certain situations there were, in my opinion, too many of these style of questions and not enough 'biology'. However I must emphasise that the 6 marker on diet was an absolute dream of a question! It was just common sense.

ReputationRep:
    I literally had no idea whatsoever 😢 Can't wait to see what's on C1 tomorrow !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    I'm in year 13 but why was this even in a biology paper? Hearing this is making me worry for my A2 exam in a few weeks lol
    I literally had no idea what it was 😢! Good luck for that ! Can't wait to see what's on C1 tomorrow !!

ReputationRep:
    The thing that fridged me over the most was that the front cover LOOKED different than any other b1 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleave)
    Sorry was that even a biology paper??? Also they seemed to forget that the legal drinking age is 16/18 😂😂

Basically praying for low grade boundaries...
    The legal drinking age is FIVE when you're at home or on other private premises

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol...and-under-18s/

Not quite sure why everyone is getting so annoyed about the legal drinking age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    I found it ridiculously easy.

My favourite biology exam I've ever sat, and I absolutely detest biology.
    So we're expecting an A*, right?

ReputationRep:
    People complaining about independent companies? That's an easy mark I reckon - no bias. Was it only 1 mark? If so, idk why people are crying over a 1 mark question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    So we're expecting an A*, right?
    Well that's my predicted grade.

My predicted for chemistry is B, and the chance of me getting that is like the chance of finding an apple with a handle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.