Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanigger)
    the part c and d you are talking about was definitely question 7 but not part a and b
    i remember that because there was so much god dam space for question 7 and to work out x=-5/4 i ran out of space to write that and had to get extra paper so there is no way that was in question 7
    Ahh ok fair enough
    I wish a teacher would put up model solutions
    I'm so impatient

ReputationRep:
    im not sure
    Because i literally have no idea whether i got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandalf029)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

It definitely said 3 linear factors. But one was a repeated root. So I guess as long as you put (x-4)^2 I guess you'll get the mark
    if they are harsh they will not accept (x-4)^2 because it did say in the question three linear factors i know that it was a repeated root but aqa can be very stoosh with this stuff

ReputationRep:
    i just hope ~60 will be an A lol

ReputationRep:
    4d at the of that quadratic is "-14" not +14

ReputationRep:
    What was the question where you had to find the second derivative and then verify a maximum point where x = -1.5
    I've seen 12x-27 as the second derivative but then people sub in and get 45 so minimum but shouldn't it be -45 and a maximum when x = -1.5

ReputationRep:
    i just hope ~60 will be an A lol
    k=20 and k=4

btw the question was show that the line and curve only intersect at one point, so you had to do b2-4ac=0 and it gave you k=4 k=20

great job on the mark scheme though looks roughly spot on

ReputationRep:
    that makes sense thanks a lot for clearing that up for me. So if I wrote, translation by vector (-1/2,41/4) as my answer. would I get two marks for that ?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me how to work out 1c to find out k just to make sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igzzy__)
    that makes sense thanks a lot for clearing that up for me. So if I wrote, translation by vector (-1/2,41/4) as my answer. would I get two marks for that ?
    If it was three marks then you'd get a mark for saying translation
    then one for -1/2 and one for 41/4 I'm guessing.
    Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't get two marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    k=20 and k=4

btw the question was show that the line and curve only intersect at one point, so you had to do b2-4ac=0 and it gave you k=4 k=20

great job on the mark scheme though looks roughly spot on
    which question number was that ?
    and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    What was the question where you had to find the second derivative and then verify a maximum point where x = -1.5
    I've seen 12x-27 as the second derivative but then people sub in and get 45 so minimum but shouldn't it be -45 and a maximum when x = -1.5
    well the co ordinate u had was x=-1.5 and u had to prove that was a minimum by first proving it was a stationary point (showing that the dy/dx of that x was zero) then subbing into second derivative to get a positive value which showed it was a minimum as second derivative was greater than 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaidq)
    It should be 34right?
    (-2-5)2 +(1+3)2 = 65

ReputationRep:
    I think 7a was finding the tangent of the curve at P and part b was finding the x-coordinate of Q but I'm not entirely sure

ReputationRep:
    You know for question 5d), to find the point B, do we use the mid point method to find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    which question number was that ?
    and thanks
    Sorry im not entirely sure on that but I remember writing k=20 and k=4 near the end so either question 7/8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin99)
    You know for question 5d), to find the point B, do we use the mid point method to find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, it was using the idea that C is the midpoint. Since AB is a diameter, the center of AB is C, meaning C is the midpoint of AB.

Since you know A and C, you can just literally use your head to work out B and just write the coordinate down, as it would be a mark for the x coordinate and a mark for the y coordinate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    Yes, it was using the idea that C is the midpoint. Since AB is a diameter, the center of AB is C, meaning C is the midpoint of AB.

Since you know A and C, you can just literally use your head to work out B and just write the coordinate down, as it would be a mark for the x coordinate and a mark for the y coordinate.
    Did that question using vectors :C Still got (12,-7)

ReputationRep:
    if they are harsh they will not accept (x-4)^2 because it did say in the question three linear factors i know that it was a repeated root but aqa can be very stoosh with this stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully enough people put (x-4)^2 for it to go to a referral so it'll get accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    Did that question using vectors :C Still got (12,-7)
    If you got the answer correct, you will get the 2 marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.