Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE 1C Unofficial Mark Scheme 19th May 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Very easy
    13.97%
    Easy
    28.19%
    Okay
    43.87%
    Hard
    10.78%
    Very hard
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    wait were they both the same solution??
    I thought they were both HCl, but I misread loads of questions on that paper so idk..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    I thought they were both HCl, but I misread loads of questions on that paper so idk..
    Yes they were, but different concentrations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conradliebers)
    Yes they were, but different concentrations
    omg do you know this for definite?????

SFDHGHDEJEWKEFNVGFDS I SAID ONE WAS MORE REACTIVE THAN THE OTHER
    i thought they were different solutions

why do i NEVER READ THE QUESTION

ReputationRep:
    omg do you know this for definite?????

SFDHGHDEJEWKEFNVGFDS I SAID ONE WAS MORE REACTIVE THAN THE OTHER
    i thought they were different solutions

why do i NEVER READ THE QUESTION
    It was because it said they were both Hal, so if one had less of a temperature rise, it was due to a lower concentration as the same volume of acid was added.

ReputationRep:
    For 3f, I swear it was a trick question about protons because protons only exist in the nuclear and it was on about the outer shell which was electrons....anyone else agree? I put nothing because there aren't protons present

ReputationRep:
    All wrong

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iygdPjtFu28

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash Lewis)
    For 3f, I swear it was a trick question about protons because protons only exist in the nuclear and it was on about the outer shell which was electrons....anyone else agree? I put nothing because there aren't protons present
    The number of electrons = the number of protons

ReputationRep:
    Why are you putting a link to a mark scheme of a different exam board?

ReputationRep:
    It was because it said they were both Hal, so if one had less of a temperature rise, it was due to a lower concentration as the same volume of acid was added.
    how many marks was that question do you remember

ReputationRep:
    i think they screwed up a little with the solid x y z bit

calcium hydroxide reacts with c02 to form calcium carbonate ... however this also produces water which it didnt put in another box, yet in all the other equations it did... that's why i am some others thought it was suitable to write calcium hydrogen carbonate since that seemed the most suitable considering the circumstance.

i think they will realise their mistake and award a mark for both calcium carbonate and calcium hydrogen carbonate

ReputationRep:
    someone pls put me out of my agony!
    1. Can O2 be found in unpolluted air??
    2. for the calcium experiment, could you have written calcium carbonate instead of calcium hydrogen carbonate?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was that question do you remember
    2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiedust16)
    someone pls put me out of my agony!
    1. Can O2 be found in unpolluted air??
    2. for the calcium experiment, could you have written calcium carbonate instead of calcium hydrogen carbonate?
    Thank you!
    1. No, it asked for a compound.
    2. It is CaCO3.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade for an A will be?

ReputationRep:
    4 (f) is incorrect

The acid is already in excess and so the temperature will not be affected. Therefore there is no temperature change in comparison to experiment 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Togarty12)
    4 (f) is incorrect

The acid is already in excess and so the temperature will not be affected. Therefore there is no temperature change in comparison to experiment 1.
    I already went through this. They doubled to volume of acid used, so even though its already in excess, because the reaction will give of the same amount of energy, because the volume has doubled, it requires more energy for the same increase in temperature, so the rise in temperature is less.

ReputationRep:
    I already went through this. They doubled to volume of acid used, so even though its already in excess, because the reaction will give of the same amount of energy, because the volume has doubled, it requires more energy for the same increase in temperature, so the rise in temperature is less.
    that makes no sense?

ReputationRep:
    I said one was more acidic than the other so it provided a more vigorous neutralization reaction for the solution x and y thing

ReputationRep:
    I thought if at 25cm3 was in excess, all the magnesium has reacted, adding more acid doesn't change that, all the magnesium will react at the same rate the same way. increasing heat given out can only be affected by the mass of magnesium used.

someone explain i am probs wrong

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.