Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    so disappointed about narrow fellow, and we hadn't learnt the Castle so I had to do the badger question which was okay apart from the fact I hadn't looked over Foxes among the Lambs so...overall pretty ****
    So pissed off with them ccea wanks, what is the point putting the badger and foxes among the lambs up again when there are other stuff that hasnt been asked, makes no sense to me! Hadnt revised them because of they were up in 2013

ReputationRep:
    so disappointed about narrow fellow, and we hadn't learnt the Castle so I had to do the badger question which was okay apart from the fact I hadn't looked over Foxes among the Lambs so...overall pretty ****
    There goes my A anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    So pissed off with them ccea wanks, what is the point putting the badger and foxes among the lambs up again when there are other stuff that hasnt been asked, makes no sense to me! Hadnt revised them because of they were up in 2013
    yeah me too, so annoying! I really wanted an A this year and all, i've been so close in all my mocks but I guess it wasn't meant to be

ReputationRep:
    I did the theme question in an inspector calls, and compared Attack to The Castle
    The unseen was okay- bit weird at the end I didn't pick up on Jesus that much tbh but oh well

ReputationRep:

Don't worry I worked it out and the comparison is only 16% of your grade!!! I did the war one but struggled a bit with the castle tbh

ReputationRep:
    yeah me too, so annoying! I really wanted an A this year and all, i've been so close in all my mocks but I guess it wasn't meant to be
    Yep me too, my only hope is that my curleys wife essay is almost full marks so i can maybe scrape an A, because ive got about 35/50 in that test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecam29)
    Don't worry I worked it out and the comparison is only 16% of your grade!!! I did the war one but struggled a bit with the castle tbh
    I was going to do the war one, but I was absent the day we did it in class so had to copy up my friends notes so I didn't really understand it enough to write a whole essay on it. 16% makes me feel a bit better I suppose, still gutted though

ReputationRep:
    I was going to do the war one, but I was absent the day we did it in class so had to copy up my friends notes so I didn't really understand it enough to write a whole essay on it. 16% makes me feel a bit better I suppose, still gutted though
    Did u do the blood brothers? Abs brutal

ReputationRep:
    Is poetry not 20%?

ReputationRep:
    Yep me too, my only hope is that my curleys wife essay is almost full marks so i can maybe scrape an A, because ive got about 35/50 in that test
    hoping my coursework was good enough to bring my grade up but I'm really not sure

ReputationRep:
    hoping my coursework was good enough to bring my grade up but I'm really not sure
    I got 22.5 in coursework, i hope its enough

ReputationRep:
    Did u do the blood brothers? Abs brutal
    No, I did Juno and the Paycock thankfully, it was probably the only part of the exam that went alright

ReputationRep:
    I got 22.5 in coursework, i hope its enough
    We don't find out our coursework marks until results day, which sucks

ReputationRep:
    No, I did Juno and the Paycock thankfully, it was probably the only part of the exam that went alright
    Our question was very confusing and i only got 4 points done and i realised that one of them wasnt even relevant..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the grade boundaries are usually like for English Lit?

ReputationRep:
    Our question was very confusing and i only got 4 points done and i realised that one of them wasnt even relevant..
    How many points are you meant to include?

ReputationRep:
    Is poetry not 20%?
    Yeah poetry is 25% but it's unseen and the comparison together so that's 40 marks + 20 marks for unseen which makes the comparison 16% I think not 100% tho

ReputationRep:
    Yeah poetry is 25% but it's unseen and the comparison together so that's 40 marks + 20 marks for unseen which makes the comparison 16% I think not 100% tho
    Im not that sure either, just going by what my teacher said that poetrys 20 and unseen is 10

ReputationRep:
    How many points are you meant to include?
    6 apparently but theres no way, judging on the time they give us

ReputationRep:
    Im not that sure either, just going by what my teacher said that poetrys 20 and unseen is 10
    Controlled Assessment - 25%
    Unit 1 (study of prose) - 25%
    Drama - 20%
    Poetry anthology - 20%
    Unseen Poem - 10%

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.