Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    Ayy I talked about that. The social competition undermines their neutrality thus they may have conservative/middle class bias.
    Did everyone talk about neutrality AND independence? As well as CRA+HRA?
    Yeah I did,

Points for
    Lord Chancellor has had his role dismantled by CRA - THE JAC making appointments but there is not a true reflection of society as there is only 1 women senior justice....

Point against- but the law lords removed from the house of lords because of CRA give them independence, renounce themselves as Lords due tolife peerages act 1963 - no politicisation

Points for - attorney general, director of CPS sit in on cabinet meetings, fusion of powers

Against- judges have consildated funds, security of tenure because of thatcher, they can make rulings without political involvement with their jobs and wages..blah blah

for- the offence of contempt of court is not taken seriously by politicians as they still get involved, tell the media, bring judges into the political arena

Finally, I talked about how HRA has made the the judiciary come into the politcal arena because they are the final court of appeal in the country

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for The lords 25 marker? I just need clarification please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warriner4)
    What did people put for The lords 25 marker? I just need clarification please?

https://www.prechewedpolitics.co.uk/...eform_2016.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    Don't worry, I think we're all fried by now

Well an A* would be 340 UMS I believe, obviously though your A2 is the determinant of that (that's they do A* in GovPol?)
    yes but I mean what UMS would you have to get at AS level for your school to predict an A* for next year?

ReputationRep:
    I wasnt too sure what to write for the 1st 25 marker on judiciary but I talked about: What the judiciary is, The human rights act bringing judges into the political arena with a few example, cases where judges have made political decisions eg declaring isle of wight social cuts as unlawful, the role of the human rights act de-politiscising the judiciary through seperation of powers and a couple of other points, how does that seem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesk123)
    I did parliament and core executive, thought the core exec 25 was hard. Predictions.
    4/5
    7/10
    23/25
    5/5
    8/10
    17/25
    Do you remember what the questions were ?

ReputationRep:
    Found the parliament section fairly easy however i was unable to complete the 25 marker, does any one know how many marks you can still get, i wrote 2 strong points against and an introduction. Also, what did you guys write for the 10 marker in the parliament section?

ReputationRep:
    yes but I mean what UMS would you have to get at AS level for your school to predict an A* for next year?
    I've no idea, I didn't take it at school, sorry

ReputationRep:
    On the 25 marker judiciary question I'm a bit worried that I didn't fully explain why things like HRA and ECHR increased politicisation. I talked about increasing independence and neutrality but I didn't directly say why it means more politicization. Will that limit me to only a few marks? I managed to explain many things and write a decent answer - just not link back to the question.

ReputationRep:
    For the lords 25 marker- I didn't go against reform I just focused five paras on the need for reform because of the illegitimacy through unelected peers ....

But talkes about the roles of parliament and House of Lords fulfilling them without an elected chamber, so thats why we need a radical reform in the hol?

What do you think I would get?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what the question was for the 5 and 10 marker on parliaments please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Browns10)
    Can someone tell me what the question was for the 5 and 10 marker on parliaments please.
    I think 5 marker was 'party support in parliament is key to government' ? I think - I talked about why it's key and then government defeats example, e.g motions of no confidence

the 10 marker was- give two reason why MPs rebel

One reason- they have a duty to represent their consitutients and articulate intersets of interest groups so rebel

Another reason- they have to support their party's ideology, for example in the coalition, LIB dems voted against tories plans on student tuition fees, and regretting the absence of a referendum on the queen speech as it went against their party's ideology

What did everyone else put?

ReputationRep:
    5 mark was unusual, I can't remember exactly but it was like explain what is meant by "governments need parliamentary support in order to survive"

10 mark was to give 2 reasons on why MPs may support a rebellion.

Sorry I don't know the exact question, the paper will be out to teachers tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warriner4)
    I think 5 marker was 'party support in parliament is key to government' ? I think - I talked about why it's key and then government defeats example, e.g motions of no confidence

the 10 marker was- give two reason why MPs rebel

One reason- they have a duty to represent their consitutients and articulate intersets of interest groups so rebel

Another reason- they have to support their party's ideology, for example in the coalition, LIB dems voted against tories plans on student tuition fees, and regretting the absence of a referendum on the queen speech as it went against their party's ideology

What did everyone else put?
    Parliamentary support* but yeah I wrote about James Callaghan and that it becomes increasingly important during a coalition because they don't just need their party support. I also mention the House of Lords because That's also parliament and they can delay legislation by a year and scrutinize it.

For the 10 mark question I did exactly the same haha, hope it went well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Parliamentary support* but yeah I wrote about James Callaghan and that it becomes increasingly important during a coalition because they don't just need their party support. I also mention the House of Lords because That's also parliament and they can delay legislation by a year and scrutinize it.

For the 10 mark question I did exactly the same haha, hope it went well for you!
    Oh yess haha, I was worried..

What did you write in the 25 marker- I think that went a little bad as I only mentioned how House of Lords do their role in government- so like legislation, legitmisation etc and how the chamber isnt elected- so it's not legitimate...I didn't give a disadvantage of the reforms which is annoying me now haha.. I hope I get marks for what I did

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what the questions were ?
    Importance of parliamentary majorities
    Define collective responsibility
    Why MPs like a divided party
    Should we abolish lords
    Is MPs powers limited in coalition
    Don't know the other 10 marker

ReputationRep:
    What was the core executive 10 marker??

ReputationRep:
    What was the core executive 10 marker??
    Wasn't it about how government is made up of a group of individuals? Or something along those lines? Can't really remember haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need 90% at a2 to get an a* so as long as you get 320 ums overall and 90% in a2 , youll get it

Grade boundaries:

A: 60
    b: 56
    c: 51

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.