Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    This guy seriously lol letting his ego do the work I see. I'll allow em.
    See, why do you keep doing that?

You seem to think that you aren't being egotistical by posting that very message.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was nice knowing you, you're a real sweetheart but I'm afraid I don't think it will work out between us, so I must depart.

Lmao. Exactly. They're not the same religions so how can they believe the same thing just because they use the same word "god" :rofl:
    Christianity is made up of many different sects, all with differing belief systems and interpretations, should we consider each sect to have their own God?

ReputationRep:
    He does allow these things, but we rarely question why He let everyone escape a fire alive, or why he let child survive with no brain damage after drowning, or lets a speeding car miss the tank truck on the highway. We never seem to ask why good things happen, taking the credit for ourselves or being oblivious of the gift, but we readily ask why He lets evil happen. Why don't we recognize that a human made a choice to hate and to kill. Others, who may have been provoked or angered, have not committed such evil. Why don't we thank Him that good will, or conscience, or just human empathy, or even the sense to consider consequences, deterred all these other potential events?
    We humans must lament the deaths, abhor the crime, and strive to help the people around us. But if you believe in God, weigh all that hasn't happened against what has. And if you don't believe, then don't even blame Him, since it's illogical to reference Someone Who you think doesn't exist.
    Things like this make us try harder, to counteract those who think they are so important that they can try to impose their bad day on everyone's very life. God does not habitually force free will, but He has influence on it, which is why those police risked their lives, and so many strangers came to donate blood and comfort families. We do better, each of us, to overcome the impact of evil, and that is what we can get from this evil. God allows us to help, even as He allowed that evil. And there's more good than evil; the caring ones are proof of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Just chill out

I hope your faith gets stronger. Do you know the risen Lord personally?
    Lol no I don't. But me wanting to defend Him and my beliefs shouldn't get in the way.

(Original post by kemalasik)
    I am angry at the fake Muslims. But the Western society do not accept it when we say that someone is not a Muslim. Just like we say ISIS aren't Muslim. Or that the Sunnis don't believe Shias are Muslim
    The people who told him to do it where ISIS members with corrupt beliefs.
    Islam doesn't equal ISIS. ISIS doesn't completely represent Islam. But ISIS was built on some of its ideologies though :\ I feel Muslims try to run away from that fact. And you should be angry at the fake Muslims, including the lad who did what he did in this article. And you should defend true Islam when people try to confuse it, and I should defend my religion.... However in this case, the killer was Muslim, and he did this for his religion. I didn't make this up, it's all over the world now ok. That means somewhere in the Koran or a mosque, this is condoned behaviour to gays. While in the Bible it truly isn't condoned to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Pope Francis also believes that Christians and Muslims believe in the same God. It could be based on opinions but Abrahamic religions believe in the same God.

ReputationRep:
    Again, before alterations, the base of all three religions were the same. The whole concept of God is the same for each. Islam just doesn't believe that Jesus was God, hence why it is Islam and not Christianity. Do the research and you will see what I'm saying
    They are not, go and read a Qu'ran, what are the requirements for getting into heaven? Good works. What are the requirements for getting into heaven in Christianity? Faith in Christ alone. I'm not going to deny that the God of Israel/ Jews is the same as the one in the NT because the Bible is concordant with it's claims about the nature of God and it's prophecies all the way through and there is no contradiction

Fast forward to Islam and the nature of God described in the Qu'ran is markedly different from the one described in the Bible. The god described in the Qu'ran sounds more like Satan than the loving God of Israel. They are fundamentally different and 'Allah' was warned about in the NT

'2 Corinthians 4:4 The God of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the Glory of Christ who is the image of God'

You have now made it apparent that you have no idea of the distinctions of the three faiths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)

You seem to think that you aren't being egotistical by posting that very message.

Christianity is made up of many different sects, all with differing belief systems and interpretations, should we consider each sect to have their own God?
    You keep responding with insults, believe me I have no problem shooting back. Look back and you'll see you insulted me 1st.

Well anyway, why would the same religion despite having different denominations...worship a different god...? ....
    I know you posted that to me like "ah! Got him!"
    No lol
    Again we're on about different religions. As "similar" as they truly are, they not the same. And why anyone would conveniently try to say this is...head-numbingly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "could have stopped?" God isn't a genie waiting to pop out when **** goes wrong. Everyone has their judgement day. Those people who are murdered or killed before their time could be angels. See how we're discussing this, see how everyone's getting upset on and off here about this? See how this Omar Mateen guy is being demonised as he should be? See how it's albeit making people question or defend religion, question God? Also which God are you on about? The Islamic one, the Christian one, the Judeo one...? I'm sure the Christian God and the Muslim god etc have different ideas how to run the place, so I'm sure where one might see wrong the other may or may not. It's your CHOICE which you believe is running the place, and you now have "rules" to follow. You break them>>consequence. That's it.
    The Bible and the Qur'an don't support the LGBT+ community. Is Omar Mateen going to heaven too?
    If you can believe that those people could be angels, why can't God be not-so-great? Don't give him credit for all the good. You don't KNOW if those people are angels. I don't KNOW if God is good. What we both do know is that God had the power to stop the shooting and he didn't. I'm not saying God is bad. But God may not be good either. Maybe God doesn't care. You can't just look at the positive side. Maybe God is good maybe he isn't.

God has saved people before, hasn't he? Millions of people believe that they are alive today because they found God. Why is God so selective in who he helps? He chooses not to help those other people. He chooses to let KIDS suffer. You can't justify that. Kids don't deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was nice knowing you, you're a real sweetheart but I'm afraid I don't think it will work out between us, so I must depart.
    No because the different is all Christian sects agree on some very important fundamentals, namely that Jesus is the Son of God, both 100% God and 100% man, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Him. No other religion claims this; Christianity is unique amongst religions because of this

ReputationRep:
    Pope Francis also believes that Christians and Muslims believe in the same God. It could be based on opinions but Abrahamic religions believe in the same God.
    No one cares what Pope Francis says, it is not what the Bible says and the Bible is the only thing Christians should be inspired by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayce.x)
    The Bible and the Qur'an don't support the LGBT+ community. Is Omar Mateen going to heaven too?
    If you can believe that those people could be angels, why can't God be not-so-great? Don't give him credit for all the good. You don't KNOW if those people are angels. I don't KNOW if God is good. What we both do know is that God had the power to stop the shooting and he didn't. I'm not saying God is bad. But God may not be good either. Maybe God doesn't care. You can't just look at the positive side. Maybe God is good maybe he isn't.

God has saved people before, hasn't he? Millions of people believe that they are alive today because they found God. Why is God so selective in who he helps? He chooses not to help those other people. He chooses to let KIDS suffer. You can't justify that. Kids don't deserve it!
    No you can't say the Bible and then the Koran. Pick the religion you have an issue with. Since the murderer is Islamic we'll discuss Islam. Too bad I'm not Islamic. Which is why I'm saying leave Christianity out of this. He's not Muslim. If you want to know why Omar did this, open the Koran to see where it would say kill gays>go to heaven, if it says that.

Anyway no Omar, if he were Christian, wouldn't go to Heaven obviously. He murdered :nothing:...

But will he go to Muslim heaven, who knows? Again the answer is in the Koran...he did this for Islam. Ask Islam if he'll go to heaven.

And don't ask me why or if God even is selective lol I'm not God.

ReputationRep:
    They are not, go and read a Qu'ran, what are the requirements for getting into heaven? Good works. What are the requirements for getting into heaven in Christianity? Faith in Christ alone. I'm not going to deny that the God of Israel/ Jews is the same as the one in the NT because the Bible is concordant with it's claims about the nature of God and it's prophecies all the way through and there is no contradiction

Fast forward to Islam and the nature of God described in the Qu'ran is markedly different from the one described in the Bible. The god described in the Qu'ran sounds more like Satan than the loving God of Israel. They are fundamentally different and 'Allah' was warned about in the NT

'2 Corinthians 4:4 The God of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the Glory of Christ who is the image of God'

You have now made it apparent that you have no idea of the distinctions of the three faiths
    How dare you say that Allah is satanic? Allah is known as the merciful, the loving, the caring. You clearly do not know of Islam.
    Also, the requirements for getting into heaven in Islam is being a true Muslim, this is achieved by believing Allah, the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), the Angels, the books and judgement day. Muslims are also required to Pray 5 times a day, Fast during Ramadan, give Zakah, Go to Hajj and say the Shahada.
    However, in Islamic beliefs, all Muslims will eventually go to Jannah (heaven)

ReputationRep:
    Lol no I don't. But me wanting to defend Him and my beliefs shouldn't get in the way.

Islam doesn't equal ISIS. ISIS doesn't completely represent Islam. But ISIS was built on some of its ideologies though :\ I feel Muslims try to run away from that fact. And you should be angry at the fake Muslims, including the lad who did what he did in this article. And you should defend true Islam when people try to confuse it, and I should defend my religion.... However in this case, the killer was Muslim, and he did this for his religion. I didn't make this up, it's all over the world now ok. That means somewhere in the Koran or a mosque, this is condoned behaviour to gays. While in the Bible it truly isn't condoned to do this.
    That's a shame, I think you would be happier if you knew Jesus personally and let him into your heart.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares what Pope Francis says, it is not what the Bible says and the Bible is the only thing Christians should be inspired by
    But the Churches admit to have altered the Bible therefore it has been changed and it is now no longer purely the word of God?

ReputationRep:
    No because the different is all Christian sects agree on some very important fundamentals, namely that Jesus is the Son of God, both 100% God and 100% man, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Him. No other religion claims this; Christianity is unique amongst religions because of this
    You've missed the point. Why nitpick to such a degree?
    Depending on what is being discussed, It doesn't really matter if someone decides to address the God of Abrahamic Monotheism as one entity/concept.
    You keep responding with insults, believe me I have no problem shooting back. Look back and you'll see you insulted me 1st.Well anyway, why would the same religion despite having different denominations...worship a different god...? ....I know you posted that to me like "ah! Got him!"No lolAgain we're on about different religions. As "similar" as they truly are, they not the same. And why anyone would conveniently try to say this is...head-numbingly ridiculous.
    Why do you care about who insulted who first? Like you said you have no problem 'shooting back'.

And I'm saying Abrahamic Monotheism is all under one umbrella, so why nitpick?

ReputationRep:
    Or for god's sake who's reported me.

That's a shame, I think you would be happier if you knew Jesus personally and let him into your heart.

I thought you meant sarcastically do I know Him personally as in, He's not my personal friend so why would I get angry defending Him. I literally thought you were saying that. But yes I'm trying to get closer to God, definitely. For now I'm an apologist of Christianity till I become better spiritually.

ReputationRep:
    How dare you say that Allah is satanic? Allah is known as the merciful, the loving, the caring. You clearly do not know of Islam.
    Also, the requirements for getting into heaven in Islam is being a true Muslim, this is achieved by believing Allah, the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), the Angels, the books and judgement day. Muslims are also required to Pray 5 times a day, Fast during Ramadan, give Zakah, Go to Hajj and say the Shahada.
    However, in Islamic beliefs, all Muslims will eventually go to Jannah (heaven)
    I'm sorry the truth hurts but the Allah as depicted in the Qu'ran (yes, I've read the Qu'ran before you ask) is nothing like the loving God of Christianity. He is horrible, no offense

Exactly, so you get into heaven by doing good works, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snooppuppy420)
    Why do you post on here? Do you even go to school? Chav.
    "Why do you post here? Do you even" have anything better to do than insult people off prejudgement and contribute nothing useful to the discussion?

ReputationRep:
    But the Churches admit to have altered the Bible therefore it has been changed and it is now no longer purely the word of God?
    They haven't altered it, the copied manuscripts have much greater historical accuracy than the works of Homer, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I said this...basically.

ReputationRep:
    "Why do you post here? Do you even" have anything better to do than insult people off prejudgement and contribute nothing useful to the discussion?
    lol go and sell some weed m9

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.