Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Should be at least 90ums, I thought this paper was tricky
    omg are you serious? Im happy with 80 ums but if I get more ofc Id be even happier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry speed)
    mean was 240 so s.d was 40 which gives the 206 , i got 206.4 any idea why and should it still be full marks got -0.84 for z value
    I also put -0.84, but still got the 206. Hopefully it is full marks, I think the mark scheme allows values between.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this. Think I've done fairly well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revise_or_fail)
    Ok basically, you need to find P(D intersect B) and P(D intersect R {not b}) so you can use the probabilities in first part because it said estimate. So I just did a ratio as P(B) = 0.33 +0.27 = 0.6 and P(B intersect D) = 0.27 so I did (0.27/0.6)*40 = 18 people.
    Then you knew that just P(R not B) = 0.22+0.15 = 0.37 and P(R {not B} intersect D) = 0.15 so i did (0.15/0.37)*37 = 15 people
    So the total people who had dinner were 18+15 = 33
    so P(Dinner) = 33/77 = 3/7
    You can only do this if the new probability given 40/77 or 0.52 is equal to the one given earlier in the question.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I am speculating grade boundaries to be about 50/51 for a B grade and 56/57 for an A grade. My reasons being quite a lot of people seem to have lost out on the venn diagram worth 13 marks and then some other places to, what is the genral consensus on this; accurate or not.

ReputationRep:
    Are the written solutions out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark knight123)
    Guys I am speculating grade boundaries to be about 50/51 for a B grade and 56/57 for an A grade. My reasons being quite a lot of people seem to have lost out on the venn diagram worth 13 marks and then some other places to, what is the genral consensus on this; accurate or not.
    I don't think the grade boundaries for an A have ever been so low, i might be wrong though i would have thought 58/59 for an A but not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaWicks)
    I don't think the grade boundaries for an A have ever been so low, i might be wrong though i would have thought 58/59 for an A but not sure
    The lowest they have ever been is 55 in June 2010

ReputationRep:
    The lowest they have ever been is 55 in June 2010
    Okay, obviously never saw that one

ReputationRep:
    Yoo, i know im a couple days late, but how do you get Syy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieramsay)
    How did everyone get the probability for Sarah and Rebecca wining. I got 0.4625 and 0.4450 so clearly I've got it wrong but I don't understand how?? 🤓🤓
    I got the same as you! Worked it out twice as well and checked it, so very confused how we are wrong, still thinking about this lol

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 319
Size:  266.5 KB
    (Original post by boylubda)
    Yoo, i know im a couple days late, but how do you get Syy
    See the attached image....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokeins1)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 319
Size:  266.5 KB

See the attached image....
    Haha got it, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 57 for A grade and B grade 50/51 yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OloMed)
    Are the written solutions out yet?
    Here is my mark scheme

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Art0vQqZgjKy43DaE6XtYVXM0nq6

ReputationRep:

Superb.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what was the question for 4dii or how you got 15/37

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyalshenny)
    does anyone know what was the question for 4dii or how you got 15/37
    (ii) P(D|R ∩ Bʹ ).

On the bottom of the fraction put prob of being R ∩ Bʹ. On the top put prob of being in R ∩ Bʹ and in D.

Does anyone have the june 2016 IAL S1 mark scheme? Or model answers.. its not available online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxdrwxx)
    Does anyone have the june 2016 IAL S1 mark scheme? Or model answers.. its not available online
    All the June 2016 IAL except the S units are now freely available on the Edexcel website, here:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ries=June-2016

I'm therefore happy to put the S1 MS on here.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 1606_IAL_S1 June 2016 MS.pdf (558.0 KB, 102 views)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.