Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I mean, I can pretty much guess LP's policy stance on any given matter, can't you?
    Then you have no need for the questions in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is also the 'ask the government' thread which does the same job...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Then you have no need for the questions in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have I or have I not got new books to read as a result of my question?

ReputationRep:
    Have I or have I not got new books to read as a result of my question?
    Clearly you did not need any government policy announcements

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I can pretty much guess LP's policy stance on any given matter, can't you?
    Go on, then. Space exploration and nuclear power?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Go on, then. Space exploration and nuclear power?
    My guess is yay, so long as we can form an intergalactic empire, and yay, provided it's done by the private sector with minimal safety regulations, respectively.

ReputationRep:
    My guess is yay, so long as we can form an intergalactic empire, and yay, provided it's done by the private sector with minimal safety regulations, respectively.
    That's far too simplistic and flippant to be considered correct, but at least it is funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Mr Speaker, with the PM and your agreement I'd like to request an extension on PMQs - 4pm is far to early to end the parliamentary day and the PM deserves the opportunity to answer as many of my and my colleagues sparklingly witty and relevant questions as possible.
    I am happy to re-open the thread until tomorrow, however it is at the PM's discretion whether he wishes to answer further questions.

I think this is fair.

ReputationRep:
    Petitions Hansard is now updated.

(Or rather it was for a few hours, but further necessary changes will be saved for an August update.)

ReputationRep:
    We now have an SoI Hansard to hopefully complete the lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    XXII also had the LUG government.
    Also can you update the GD/constitution? Things like opposition coalition amendment from 2 years ago hasn't been added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    XXII also had the LUG government.
    Also can you update the GD/constitution? Things like opposition coalition amendment from 2 years ago hasn't been added.
    No, that was XXI. XXII was the second Lib-Lab coalition.

I think the constitution and GD are a bit of a general mess, so if you could point out to me any amendments that haven't been added and I will add them.

ReputationRep:

I think the constitution and GD are a bit of a general mess, so if you could point out to me any amendments that haven't been added and I will add them.
    Ohhhhh okay.

I'll probably look it up.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic work.

ReputationRep:

It's actually not as bad as I thought, having just gone through all the passed amendment in this era there were only 3 not properly enacted, detailed here. One is a superficial change, one is opposition coalitions but the last is an MHoC earthquake which dispite passing and never being repealed was never brought into force but has a massive effect on the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's actually not as bad as I thought, having just gone through all the passed amendment in this era there were only 3 not properly enacted, detailed here. One is a superficial change, one is opposition coalitions but the last is an MHoC earthquake which dispite passing and never being repealed was never brought into force but has a massive effect on the game.
    VA68 is very interesting, because it could be used to argue that there is currently no government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Wow, yes, I'll have a look at that, though at first glance it doesn't seem quite as shocking as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    VA68 is very interesting, because it could be used to argue that there is currently no government.
    Nat Libs didn't withdraw, but were removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Indeed, I'd agree with that assessment.
    Wow, yes, I'll have a look at that, though at first glance it doesn't seem quite as shocking as that.
    It could be used to argue that the labour only government in XXI and the current government are illegitimate so it's definitely shocking. But I do like drama.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Nat Libs didn't withdraw, but were removed.
    It's a similar thing. They were removed from existence which means that their membership of the government was withdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It could be used to argue that the labour only government in XXI and the current government are illegitimate so it's definitely shocking. But I do like drama.
    Given it wasn't actually in the Constitution as presented at that time then I would suggest not.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.