Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    The irony is that I live in Japan and Pokemon Go doesn't even work here yet...

ReputationRep:
    tfw all your friends go to Greenwich park to hunt for Pokemons and your just chilling at home -_-

well atleast its raining so i have a reason not go out lul

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a bit confused, I've been walking around town catching pokemon. I've caught so many Pidgey's that I now have evolved one and I now have a Pidgeot. He has a CP of 210.

Am I correct in saying the only way to upgrade your Pokemon is to use the Stardust powerups? And the only way you get Stardust is by catching Pokemon?

For some reaosn I put my starter Charmander in the Pokemon Gym who has a CP of 52, I didn't click fight but the other option, I left him in the Gym now he has 0 HP. Need to walk back into town and get him back

Also,

#TeamRED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    So I'm a bit confused, I've been walking around town catching pokemon. I've caught so many Pidgey's that I now have evolved one and I now have a Pidgeot. He has a CP of 210.

Am I correct in saying the only way to upgrade your Pokemon is to use the Stardust powerups? And the only way you get Stardust is by catching Pokemon?

For some reaosn I put my starter Charmander in the Pokemon Gym who has a CP of 52, I didn't click fight but the other option, I left him in the Gym now he has 0 HP. Need to walk back into town and get him back

Also,

#TeamRED
    Your Charmander will already be back in your inventory so you don't need to go back and fetch him 😄. You didn't fight, but someone fought your Charmander after you left. A revive (and probably potion) will fill his HP again though.

Stardust can be obtained for holding onto a gym for 21 hours (as well as catching Pokemon) too but that's going to get more and more difficult when more people start playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    Your Charmander will already be back in your inventory so you don't need to go back and fetch him 😄. You didn't fight, but someone fought your Charmander after you left. A revive (and probably potion) will fill his HP again though.

Stardust can be obtained for holding onto a gym for 21 hours (as well as catching Pokemon) too but that's going to get more and more difficult when more people start playing.
    Ah you're right, just used a potion thingy on him and he rose back to life, dunno why I didn't think of that.

The two gyms around me are likely TeamRed like me. At the moment I seem to be catching Zubata and Rattatas only! Just upgraded my Pideot so now he's CP 460 so he should be alright to chill in the gym for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I started off with Pikachu! Pi pi peeka pi! For all those waiting in the UK why not change your phone settings to USA and download it then. Thats what I did. Will this cause me any problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Official release for android users!!

Google Play has officially released the hit game Pokémon Go on their market, it is now available for download in the UK. FYI I'm only kidding...
    How could you DO this to me?!?!! I got REALLY excited and now I look like a fool in front of my colleagues :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    My housemate has it on her phone. There were loads of unusual Pokemon just hanging out in our house. I want this game so badly!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to play it... and it drains the battery

ReputationRep:
    You can download it from the store if you use a VPN proxy app.

For android get VPN proxy app from the store (VPN proxy unlimited).

Set proxy location to a country that the game is available in (like Australia).

Go to settings - apps and find Google play store app.

Force close it and clear cache

With proxy on, open it up and find Pokemon Go. It will think you're in Australia and allow the download.

Once installed you can uninstall the proxy and clear cache again and you're good to go with a proper version.

ReputationRep:
    Got it yesterday. Level 6 now.

Tons of people in my town have it already. Thought I'd got a very strong Raticate and took it to the gyms. Saw a couple of 800CP Hypno's just chillin' around, and there's one on every gym (though not the same teams, interestingly). Transpires my town centre is absolutely teeming with Drowzee.

Also, Team Instinct. Zapdos is by far the best legendary bird and if the three get released Zapdos will have a very obvious edge in battle against the other two what with being SE against both and resisting flying attacks.

(Original post by King Leonidas)
    Official release for android users!!

Google Play has officially released the hit game Pokémon Go on their market, it is now available for download in the UK. FYI I'm only kidding...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you download this on an iPhone?

also what are 'gyms' that everyone keeps talking about? like actual gyms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcde3237)

You can on iPhone if you change the region of your appstore, I think.

Gyms are situated at notable places (in my town, there's one by a famous statue on the waterfront as well as one in the middle of the towns biggest park). In this game there are three teams, each related to one of the three legendary bird Pokemon. When you first arrive at a gym (at level 5 or higher) you choose one of these teams. You then battle at gyms in order to obtain it for your team.

ReputationRep:
    Bruv, I beg someone show me how I download pokemon GO? I heard there's a foking Mew in a forest outside my house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    So I caved in and downloaded this today whist I was on the bus, cheeky grabbing pokes and hotspots as the bus went past. It worked, got an Eevee! But my uni is full of Grimer. :/ Whats the rarest poke youve seen/caught? Most of the gyms have been captured by Snorelax in Leicester hahaha!
    Not entirely sure which are rare and which aren't (aside from the obvious common ones), but I caught a wild Magmar yesterday. It's reasonably strong, but I don't have the candy to strengthen it any further.

I came across my first yellow gym on my way home from work today and left a pokemon there. Red seem to be dominating my area. I saw it pop-up in the distance on the map, and then had to run a good half a mile to get there before my 4% of battery ran out :lol: Just managed it.

Beat another gym near my house for the second time, but haven't been able to take it yet as they seem to have strengthened between the two defeats, whilst I was working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcde3237)

Yes you can download it you need to change your location to America or Australia. I used America.

ReputationRep:
    Had a mixed day today, walked quite far and caught some stuff whilst in Leicester, saw a 287 Cp beedrill on motorway was battling it then the glitch kicked in and I had to restart it so lost it got a 355 hypno with hardly any of the curve bar filled so that's all good. Might go out a bit later in my area and just grind for stardust as I really wanna improve my hypno and pidgeot and put them in gyms. Need more pokeballs too

ReputationRep:
    How do i download on android in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I started playing this the other day! I'm really enjoying it, aside from my house being infested with Weedles.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.