Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Nisha's successful alevel Journey ! Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Oh wow well done ! How did you find them especially economics ?
    Also good luck x 😌
    Funny thing I found maths quite easy but ended up getting a B even though
    in tests and homeworks i used to get As but the thing about maths is grade boundries are always very high my top tip for maths is just practice as much as you can. I ended up dropping maths lol

Biology was alright you just need to find the best way of revision that suits you. The application questions can seem hard in the beginning but then you get the hang of it. You just need to know the content like the back of your hand basically lol. Not gonna lie I used to mess up in my tests quite alot ehm ehm... Cs and Ds XD but i ended up with an A in real exam

Chemistry was alright its my favourite subject lol but many people find it hard. the only thing about it is you have to revise thoroughly because if you dont understand one thing you'll be totally lost. I also used to get As in my tests but ended up with B

Economics personally in the begining i found it not too bad but then it got quite difficult with the essays... im not good with them even now haha I used to get Cs some As but the As were only in things like key terms test and tests that dont involve essays. Make sure you know the content well and practice questions and essays and you'll be fine. I ended up getting an A.

This ended up being really long haha but i hope it gives u a bit of an idea... again this is from personal experience so might not be the same for u. but as u can i was doing so great in chem and maths but ended up getting Bs in them and I used to do bad in biology and economics but ended up getting As in them. The day of the exam is most important so dont panic if u mess up in few tests it acctually makes u learn from ur mistakes and motivates u to work harder lol. overall I worked really hard and it wasnt a walk in the park XD

Hope this was useful if you have any questions or need any help u can ask me! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Can you please help me with gcse maths
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    Funny thing I found maths quite easy but ended up getting a B even though
    in tests and homeworks i used to get As but the thing about maths is grade boundries are always very high my top tip for maths is just practice as much as you can. I ended up dropping maths lol

Biology was alright you just need to find the best way of revision that suits you. The application questions can seem hard in the beginning but then you get the hang of it. You just need to know the content like the back of your hand basically lol. Not gonna lie I used to mess up in my tests quite alot ehm ehm... Cs and Ds XD but i ended up with an A in real exam

Chemistry was alright its my favourite subject lol but many people find it hard. the only thing about it is you have to revise thoroughly because if you dont understand one thing you'll be totally lost. I also used to get As in my tests but ended up with B

Economics personally in the begining i found it not too bad but then it got quite difficult with the essays... im not good with them even now haha I used to get Cs some As but the As were only in things like key terms test and tests that dont involve essays. Make sure you know the content well and practice questions and essays and you'll be fine. I ended up getting an A.

This ended up being really long haha but i hope it gives u a bit of an idea... again this is from personal experience so might not be the same for u. but as u can i was doing so great in chem and maths but ended up getting Bs in them and I used to do bad in biology and economics but ended up getting As in them. The day of the exam is most important so dont panic if u mess up in few tests it acctually makes u learn from ur mistakes and motivates u to work harder lol. overall I worked really hard and it wasnt a walk in the park XD

Hope this was useful if you have any questions or need any help u can ask me! best of luck!
    Omg well done !! Also thank you and I will follow your advice also do you have any revision resources for those subject. Thank you and good luck to you too x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanizzle)
    Can you please help me with gcse maths
    Hi,
    For maths once you know the content you just have to practice and practice questions. This can be past paper questions so this can be from the board you are doing to the board you aren't. You could also practice with questions from textbooks. You could use physics and maths tutor which is a very good website for maths also exam solutions 😌 Hope that helped
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Update 03/11/16 :

I feel like as soon as I've gone back to sixth form I've been bombarded with so much work it's not even homework it's revising for tests. Well it's a bit of homework but a lot of tests to revise for. I've got 5 exams to revise for and I've only done 1 so far.

In biology I received my test and I got an A which I was very pleased with 😌

In chemistry we haven't got our test back because some of the other classes haven't done it. We are also doing calculations e.g titration,Gas Laws and many more ! We've also got a test for chemistry soon !

In maths we've started C2 and we've got a C1 mock soon which I've got to revise for.

Finally, in economics we have started Macroeconomics which is a little harder than Micro but I don't mind it. I also have to start doing past paper questions soon because for my other subjects I have started except from economics.

Well I guess that's it from me and I shall update very soon. 😌

ReputationRep:
    Update 03/11/16 :

I feel like as soon as I've gone back to sixth form I've been bombarded with so much work it's not even homework it's revising for tests. Well it's a bit of homework but a lot of tests to revise for. I've got 5 exams to revise for and I've only done 1 so far.

In biology I received my test and I got an A which I was very pleased with 😌

In chemistry we haven't got our test back because some of the other classes haven't done it. We are also doing calculations e.g titration,Gas Laws and many more ! We've also got a test for chemistry soon !

In maths we've started C2 and we've got a C1 mock soon which I've got to revise for.

Finally, in economics we have started Macroeconomics which is a little harder than Micro but I don't mind it. I also have to start doing past paper questions soon because for my other subjects I have started except from economics.

Well I guess that's it from me and I shall update very soon. 😌
    Finished C1 already? WOW. Is it only my school which is slow asf lmao.
    Have you finished all of microeconomics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Finished C1 already? WOW. Is it only my school which is slow asf lmao.
    Have you finished all of microeconomics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha idk 😌 And yes we have finished all of micro 😌 You ??

ReputationRep:
    Haha idk 😌 And yes we have finished all of micro 😌 You ??
    We've only done 2/5 of micro :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

Remember me back from the GCSE thread? :P It was quite a journey, haha! Going to follow your A-level journey as well, hope school isn't too harsh on you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    Hi there!

Remember me back from the GCSE thread? :P It was quite a journey, haha! Going to follow your A-level journey as well, hope school isn't too harsh on you.
    Hi there and thank you 😊 Haha it is and no school isn't not going too harsh it's all good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    We've only done 2/5 of micro :/
    Oh maybe your school is making sure
    That it's clear

ReputationRep:
    Oh maybe your school is making sure
    That it's clear
    Idk, my teacher is the best. Our students are slow and not willing to learn tbh, but yeah he definitely makes it clear.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    I had 3 bio tests and got:
    E on the first one - I retook it and got A
    A on biological membranes and transport
    A on biomolecules

LOL were barely half way through c1. Were you taught c1 and another module with a different maths teacher? e.g. s1 for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Well done!
    I had 3 bio tests and got:
    E on the first one - I retook it and got A
    A on biological membranes and transport
    A on biomolecules

LOL were barely half way through c1. Were you taught c1 and another module with a different maths teacher? e.g. s1 for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did a test on Biological molecules and also got an A and i did another test which i did terrible ( the whole class failed ) - Because of the teacher he's not good
    Omg well done !!
    Yeh i have 2 teachers but they both taught me C1 but now one is going to teach me S1 and the other C2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    TODAY'S TO-DO LIST : ( 05/11/16 )

Seeing that a lot of people are doing to-do lists on here so i might as well have a go
    Ahhh !! I've got so much to do !! I will highlight it in green when it's complete.

1. Practice differentiation and integration questions and get a better understanding of it.
    2. Revise for a biology test - go through notes + past paper questions
    3. Revise for a chemistry test on structure and bonding - go through notes + past paper questions
    4. Revise chemistry calculations
    5. Do economics hw

Attached Images

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Seeing that a lot of people are doing to-do lists on here so i might as well have a go
    Ahhh !! I've got so much to do !!

1. Practice series and sequences questions and get a better understanding of it.
    3. Revise for a chemistry test on structure and bonding - go through notes + past paper questions
    4. Revise some calculations
    5. Do my Economics HW
    Good luck with your revision today Nisha!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How are you finding S1? I find it really boring. At first it was really confusing but it gets really easy as you go along.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Story of my school. Though I warned the teacher to pace it and now we're on Chapter 5 (end) lmao. He's planning to go faster now :O.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How are you finding S1? I find it really boring. At first it was really confusing but it gets really easy as you go along.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We haven't started S1 yet

ReputationRep:

Ahhh !! I've got so much to do !! I will highlight it in green when it's complete.

1. Practice differentiation and integration questions and get a better understanding of it.
    4. Revise chemistry calculations
    5. Do economics hw

Well done, I have a biology and maths test on Tuesday too Where did you get the past paper questions?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 21, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.