Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    How very uplifting

Whenever my mum makes me sweep the kitchen floor I always break into Castle on a Cloud
    Now theres an idea. My family would do i themselves rather than hear me singing...... I have a castle on a cloud on my window! When i was on holiday i was by te pool and was listening to Chicago, I had real trouble keeping quiet tho so i had to act it out in my head! I want to be able to sing and dance and be roxie!!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I know what you mean about acting it out in your head.
    I usually conduct les mis and direct chess while listening to them on my headphones.

ReputationRep:
    u can be roxie whenever u want hun, i have castles on clouds too- in my book! my family wud just ignore my singing, they have to do it a lot, they are rite now as it happens!

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh yay. OK, I need about 20 very cute guys to carry me around whilst i sing Roxie

I always act everything out when i'm on my own! Poor eeyore has done so many Dirty Dancing lifts... esp after Strictly come dancing...

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather wander around barricades with cute blokes who've got french flags tied round their waists

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather wander around barricades with cute blokes who've got french flags tied round their waists
    But they'd all die and where would that leave you? Unless you were Cosette.

ReputationRep:
    No way am I a Cosette :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be Eponine and die in the arms of my true love...awww! Who would you be?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really any of the girls to be honest .

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone? I'm definitely an Eponine, but doesn't everyone want to be her? *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil !*!)
    I'd rather be Eponine and die in the arms of my true love...awww! Who would you be?
    Eponine has by FAR the best song...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Eponine has by FAR the best song...

Especially when Eponine is played by Lea Salonga. She makes the hairs stick up all over my body! What a gal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    Especially when Eponine is played by Lea Salonga. She makes the hairs stick up all over my body! What a gal!
    amen!
    I sang it for my grade 5 and it felt so wrong! i was like "this shouldnt be sung exept by a professional!!"

ReputationRep:
    We did Les Mis last year in school! (I say we, but mostly mean 'they', I myself am not at all musical, but I was a 'techie' and one half of the SM double act!) My little sister was a lovely lady, my friends played Fantine, Eponine, Marius, the students/chain gang and a few were washer-ladies! We were the first school in Wales to do it and got loads of media coverage for it! I'm not a weepy person but I was in tears most nights! Empty Chairs at Empty Tables gets me everytime!

We bought tickets for my mates 18th to see it in London, on that occasion we didn't cry, the complete opposite in fact, couldn't stop giggling when Fantine was dying...we were not desruptive to anyone, I don't think anyone even noticed (we were in the cheap seats up in the heavens) but my lungs nearly exploded with suppressed laughter and we all had tears streaming down our faces. We even got to speak to most of the cast (my musical mate has connections!) but sadly not Jon from S-Club7

ReputationRep:
    we will we will rock you
    is the best musical
    amazing
    3rd timei went a few weeks ago n its stil wonderful
    even got my jack the lad boyfriend to come and he now has the soundtrack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    We did Les Mis last year in school! (I say we, but mostly mean 'they', I myself am not at all musical, but I was a 'techie' and one half of the SM double act!) My little sister was a lovely lady, my friends played Fantine, Eponine, Marius, the students/chain gang and a few were washer-ladies! We were the first school in Wales to do it and got loads of media coverage for it! I'm not a weepy person but I was in tears most nights! Empty Chairs at Empty Tables gets me everytime!

We bought tickets for my mates 18th to see it in London, on that occasion we didn't cry, the complete opposite in fact, couldn't stop giggling when Fantine was dying...we were not desruptive to anyone, I don't think anyone even noticed (we were in the cheap seats up in the heavens) but my lungs nearly exploded with suppressed laughter and we all had tears streaming down our faces. We even got to speak to most of the cast (my musical mate has connections!) but sadly not Jon from S-Club7
    Wowie! You get to do GOOD musicals!! We did Return to the Forbidden Planet (wooo...?) and Anything Goes. We did do my favourite though - My Fair Lady (didnt get to be Eliza though...grr...one year too young!!) I went to see Oliver! and was totally inspired by the lady who played Nancy - so powerful!! When she died I was so upset (...me being 9 at the time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Wowie! You get to do GOOD musicals!! We did Return to the Forbidden Planet (wooo...?) and Anything Goes. We did do my favourite though - My Fair Lady (didnt get to be Eliza though...grr...one year too young!!) I went to see Oliver! and was totally inspired by the lady who played Nancy - so powerful!! When she died I was so upset (...me being 9 at the time).
    Ahh we did Return to the Forbidden Planet years ago! I got to control the sliding door thing and smoke machines!! As well as the normal set changes, calling cast to stage, setting lighting rigs, stage to box cans control and be the general dogsbody! All good fun! That was quite a good one as I remember, I can't have been more than 13 then though! I just remember proper rock 'n roll dancing on the steps and generally getting in the way of the cast!

We did Jesus Christ Superstar the year before, that was simply amazing, I went to a Catholic school (not catholic myself though) so the intensity of it was unreal and incredibly emotional! The same friend that played Fantine was Pilate in JC*, slight role difference!

This year's one wasn't quite the same, Sweet Charity, the same friend again (incredibly talented!!) played Charity! It was fun (our last one, so depressing!) but just not the same having done big big ones previously.

I'm going to miss all that at uni I think, I'll still go and see the school's shows (little sister!) but it won't be the same not seeing my friends in leading roles, running through lines with them and going an entire show without the headset! I wonder if big uni society plays/musicals need willing back stage crews or technical people??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    And she's a Filipina Hurrah for us!

My favorite musicals are:
    Miss Saigon
    They're Playing Our Song
    Les Miserables

The first two, Lea Salonga was playing the lead role She was awesome... Miss Saigon, especially!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    And she's a Filipina Hurrah for us!

My favorite musicals are:
    Miss Saigon
    They're Playing Our Song
    Les Miserables

The first two, Lea Salonga was playing the lead role She was awesome... Miss Saigon, especially!
    I've never heard of They're Playing Our Song. What is it like? Similar to Les Mis and Miss Saigon? Anything sung by Lea Salonga is good, so I'm sure I'd love it!

ReputationRep:
    *faints*

Not to show myself for the true geek that I am, but where is The Sound of Music? :eek:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.